Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future engines

"(Reuters) - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV says:

* Will invest more than 500 million euros to produce two new Alfa Romeo engines at Termoli, Italy plant

* Both engines are for future Alfa Romeo models and as such will play an important role in the brand's global relaunch

* The first engine is an advanced, high output 4-cylinder engine developed for Alfa Romeo. The second is a Ferrari-derived 6-cylinder engine developed specifically for Alfa Romeo. (Reporting By Milan Newsroom)"

Comment

Jesus christ!!!!!! i wonder what will be the final price? what a rare car. what a piece of shit!

Attached Files
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Who's down for a spin in a TZ2?

I'll take one

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

ok, its not an alfa, but close.

i ran across this while doing my typical italian car ebay search.

the ad doesn't seem to make any sense. it says its a masarati 450s from 1963. wiki says they were built in the late 50's and only 10 examples crossed the production line. none of them i have seen look like this.

the body is a bit rough, but the car looks totally legit. assuming this car were one of the original 10 450s's, it should be worth about 10 million dollars or so. considering there is no reserve and the bidding is only at 27,000, i would say it looks like it could be a deal of a lifetime. the problem is that i know nothing about masaratis and really have no idea what i am looking at.

here is the ebay ad. this car is a true piece of automotive beauty and fine art! what say you r3v????

Attached Files
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

I would have to have A LOT of vetting done on the chassis numbers and history of the car in race leggers and what not before I would throw a life savings at hoping to score a deal on Belgian ebay.

That said it could be a 7 figure flip to the right person but with 8 days left you know this has come up on almost every Maserati collectors radar around the globe by now and if it hasent it will likely before the auction ends.

Beautiful car though for sure
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              ..wiki says they were built in the late 50's and only 10 examples crossed the production line. none of them i have seen look like this...
              My vote would be it's a replica / copy / re-creation / tribute / fake, or some combination of those. By an obviously skilled coach builder. If your info says they were only built in the late fifties, then '63 makes no sense. If you google images of 450s, there are of course variations as they were hand-built race cars, but this one has some significant missing details and vents, taillights don't seem right, etc…

If the engine and/or chassis underneath are real, they should be able to trace those back to someone. There can't be many of those engines floating around.

Comment

I saw a 4C last week on the street. Either it or the 2 series BMW that it was caravaning with sounded terrible. Like Miata with a really bad sounding exhaust bad. Since I was following behind the 4C, I have to guess it was the 4C that sounded like crap. Wholly disappointing.

Sorry, no pics as I was driving, it was night, and I didn't have a camera.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                  My vote would be it's a replica / copy / re-creation / tribute / fake, or some combination of those. By an obviously skilled coach builder. If your info says they were only built in the late fifties, then '63 makes no sense. If you google images of 450s, there are of course variations as they were hand-built race cars, but this one has some significant missing details and vents, taillights don't seem right, etc…

If the engine and/or chassis underneath are real, they should be able to trace those back to someone. There can't be many of those engines floating around.
                  the more i think about about it, the more i think you are probably right with your theory. the brake and clutch masters are round plastic cylinders with screw on plastic caps. i'm pretty sure they didn't have those back in the day. those borani wheels really make it look good. the engine looks exactly like the originals do.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Sprinting around...

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

gawd I like that blue one....

Comment

gawd I like that blue one....
                        Yep. It goes pretty well also. The red one is one of the earliest Sprints in the US. Its a Very very early 750, and was a column shift car (I think, there was something odd about it.)

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Not real. Everybody is doing nice computer renderings these days.

And if you had that kind of money, you could go get a Jaguar sedan that looks a lot like this right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Il-futuro-Alfa-Romeo-dipende-dalla-nuova-berlina-Giulia-idea-di-Thorsten-Krisch-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	7176485

Name:	alfa_romeo_giulia_concept_rear_by_thorsten_krisch-d7qnmrs.jpg
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	7176486

Name:	Il-futuro-Alfa-Romeo-dipende-dalla-nuova-berlina-Giulia-idea-di-Thorsten-Krisch-2.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	7176487

Name:	Il-futuro-Alfa-Romeo-dipende-dalla-nuova-berlina-Giulia-idea-di-Thorsten-Krisch-3.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	7176488

I like it a lot, but it's huge, and the front looks way too Dodge for me.

Comment

Not real. Everybody is doing nice computer renderings these days.

And if you had that kind of money, you could go get a Jaguar sedan that looks a lot like this right now.

[ATTACH]96585[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]96586[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]96587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]96588[/ATTACH]

I like it a lot, but it's huge, and the front looks way too Dodge for me.
                            There are so many things I dislike about that rendering that its not funny. The front end is too high and blunt, the windshield too raked, the windows too high and too small. Rearward visibility is nil. Thanks, I'll take a 105.51 GTV or 101 series Sprint over that any day of the week. I don't care if they have no power steering, no a/c and no airbags. It doesn't bother me one bit that the Sprint has 4 wheel drum brakes either. It will still do everything I ask of it, and look better and more unique than the modern thing.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

[ATTACH]96723[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'm not sure if I like that or not. I'd have to see it in person. I think the wheel choice would be the deciding factor.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X