No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In honor of the E30 picnic, these are from the national convention on the east coast…

Click image for larger version

Name:	18902_0_0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	7177504

Name:	019.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	7177505

Name:	18913_0_0.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	7177506

Name:	thumb_DSCF6781_1024.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	7177507

Comment

[ATTACH]98539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]98540[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]98541[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]98542[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]98543[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice.
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

[ATTACH]98641[/ATTACH]

Comment

^done a couple gtv6s with plexi windows. Always thought they were funky cool.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

my favorite attainable alfas are gtv's and and gtv6's. i dream of doing a 24v swap with a 164 engine.

i don't know if that engine would fit a gtv but i have heard of it already being done to the gtv6.

in fact, this one looks like a good candidate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-G...m=261948443833

i guess i need to join an alfa romeo forum.
              Last edited by flyboyx; 07-03-2015, 05:30 AM.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

i need an alpha in my life, great thread!

Comment

It's an "Alfa", silly! They won't let you buy one if you can't spell it right.

"Alfa Romeo was founded in Portello, just north of Milan, in 1910. Cav Ugo Stella, managing director of a Portello assembly plant for the Darracq, a French automobile, decided to organize a group to purchase the plant and build a car more suitable for the harsh and mountainous Italian roads. Along with a few Milanese businessmen, he took out a loan to purchase the Darracq plant. The group named itself the Lombardy Car Manufacturing Company (Societa Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili) and soon was known by its initials—ALFA."

"...in 1915 the company was acquired, suddenly and surprisingly, by Nicola Romeo. From rather humble beginnings, Romeo had graduated from the University of Liège with a degree in electrical engineering. After working for a short time in Germany and then France, he returned to his native Italy and started a business in Milan in association with the American company Ingersoll-Rand."

"...Fortunately, Romeo was also a motoring enthusiast and had always dreamed of making a prestigious Italian sports car. As a result, he immediately expanded the production facilities at the ALFA factory in Portello. In February 1918, he changed the name of the firm to Società Anonima Italiana Ing. Nicola Romeo & Company. In addition, he decided to place his own name next to the well-respected ALFA name on the company’s radiator badge, and after 1918 all the firm’s cars appeared with “Alfa Romeo” on the hood."

al-fa row-MAY-oh

This is why you hear old Alfa guys talking about "the Portello works."

The great tragedy of being acquired by Fiat way back when was they shut down the Alfa engineering department, which is where all those great engines and chassis came from. The Busso V6 in the GTV6 was the last of those engines, and the Milano / 75 the last of those in-house engineered sports cars.

It's just now, with the formation of this Ferrari engineer-staffed "skunk works", that these new interesting engines have started to emerge.

Flyboy - it's been done, tight fit. Also a Montreal V8 stuffed in there, since the Montreal was a 105 chassis as well.

That black one looks faded but solid...?

The Alfetta / GTV6 forum...

Various Alfa engine conversions forum...
                  A forum just for posting about engine conversions such as Twin Sparks, 24v V6's and others.
                  Last edited by LateFan; 07-03-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                    It's an "Alfa", silly! They won't let you buy one if you can't spell it right.

"Alfa Romeo was founded in Portello, just north of Milan, in 1910. Cav Ugo Stella, managing director of a Portello assembly plant for the Darracq, a French automobile, decided to organize a group to purchase the plant and build a car more suitable for the harsh and mountainous Italian roads. Along with a few Milanese businessmen, he took out a loan to purchase the Darracq plant. The group named itself the Lombardy Car Manufacturing Company (Societa Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili) and soon was known by its initials—ALFA."

"...in 1915 the company was acquired, suddenly and surprisingly, by Nicola Romeo. From rather humble beginnings, Romeo had graduated from the University of Liège with a degree in electrical engineering. After working for a short time in Germany and then France, he returned to his native Italy and started a business in Milan in association with the American company Ingersoll-Rand."

"...Fortunately, Romeo was also a motoring enthusiast and had always dreamed of making a prestigious Italian sports car. As a result, he immediately expanded the production facilities at the ALFA factory in Portello. In February 1918, he changed the name of the firm to Società Anonima Italiana Ing. Nicola Romeo & Company. In addition, he decided to place his own name next to the well-respected ALFA name on the company’s radiator badge, and after 1918 all the firm’s cars appeared with “Alfa Romeo” on the hood."

al-fa row-MAY-oh

This is why you hear old Alfa guys talking about "the Portello works."

The great tragedy of being acquired by Fiat way back when was they shut down the Alfa engineering department, which is where all those great engines and chassis came from. The Busso V6 in the GTV6 was the last of those engines, and the Milano / 75 the last of those in-house engineered sports cars.

It's just now, with the formation of this Ferrari engineer-staffed "skunk works", that these new interesting engines have started to emerge.

Flyboy - it's been done, tight fit. Also a Montreal V8 stuffed in there, since the Montreal was a 105 chassis as well.

That black one looks faded but solid...?

The Alfetta / GTV6 forum...

Various Alfa engine conversions forum...
                    http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/engine-conversions/

you da man late fan!
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

The factory built some Alfetta GTs with the Montreal V8...

Name:	AlfettaV8.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	7177567

Name:	2007.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	7177568

An Alfetta GT with a Montreal V8 conversion...

Name:	MK GTV8 2.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	7177569

A 105 GTV with a Montreal V8 conversion...

Name:	1970_Alfa_Romeo_GTV_Montreal_V8_Conversion_For_Sale_Engine_Carbs_1.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	7177570

Comment

thats so cool. keep them coming. i was doing some research on that engine. i would imagine finding one would be pretty difficult. i was surprised to see its only 200 hp. i guess its only 2.5 liters. i would probably still opt for the 164's 24v fuel injected engine at around 240hp. i presume it would be a lot easier to find.

were gtv;s and alfeta's deleon style drivetrain like the gtv-6?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

I want a Giulia badly
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            I want a Giulia badly
                            Same here, black or red. I don't think I've wanted another sedan more than I want that car.
                            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

I think we all want giulias lol.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

I watched two drag race each other at the recent petrolicious rally that I broke my car at. It was beautiful and hilarious at the same time
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X