The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    when they are in the 10-15k price range in about 10 yrs or so, i will consider one. in the short term, they seem like a shitty investment.
    You think they'll come down that low? They only sold 267 in the US last year. I'm going to drive one before my lunch appt today. My wife is semi-on board. I think I'd have to dump my E30 if I make it happen though. That has me torn.
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      I second the notion on the exhaust note. Not good. I'm also not sure if they handle all that well. I have a guy who autoXs with me who is a decent driver (had a 458 Italia prior to the Alfa) and he could drive the 458 quite well, but he really seems to struggle with the Alfa. I don't know if its him, or the car. I know he can drive as I've ridden with him a few times in the Ferrari, but the Alfa seems to be a bit squirrely and unbalanced.

In other news, I just got word that my Nardi wheel for the Alfa is done. I can't wait to see it all restored. I'm guessing its not perfect, but I bet it still looks amazing.

Will
      Good to know. I've driven the 458 and loved it. It's WAY out of my range. I don't like carpayments...especially ones that look like mortgages. I'll report back after my drive today.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
        Seriously thinking about one of these...
        I like the back third a lot, and the front third, but all those gyrations in the middle, and that Lotus-like heavy top which restricts your view from inside, just bug me.

And that odd body swoop up onto the rear deck / window area - similar to the la Ferrari....what is the reason for that? It's goofy.

I took a (very) quick stab long ago at what it could have looked like with a lighter roof and smoother lines...

I think that quarter window might have to be blank glass, as there's roof structure there, and maybe the gas filler.

Anyway, just an idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4C sketch2 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	7186617

Comment

Pretty stylish old shape...but the double stack of bumper strips is kind of odd....

1948 6C 2500 by Touring

Name:	48 Alfa 6C 2500 Touring.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	7186620

Side note - If you ever find me at that age sitting in a folding chair with a big gut and a straw hat behind my old car.....just shoot me.

Comment

^ that's purdy. Checked out the 4C. They're gorgeous in person. I think I've decided not to buy one, but I'm still driving one on Wednesday. I'll report back.
            sigpic

Comment

id love to know your thoughts. i checked one out at the burlingame fiat dealership just south of san fran. the fuckers wouldn't let me drive one. the dealer and manager both said that they would be happy to sell the car to me but they don't allow anyone to test drive the 3 4c's they had in the showroom. i said go fuck yourself. no one in their right mind is going to spend 80k on a fucking car and not take it for a test flight around the patch.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Spotted this weekend at Cars and Coffee..

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Spotted this weekend at Cars and Coffee..

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                  GT Jr. Cool car, 1600 engine. Some say it is what one of the Honda Civic variations was based off of. I'd drive one. There are a few here in the Bay Area. (like 3)

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

^^^ "Junior Zagato"

It's a 105 chassis, but smaller, lighter, and same engine. There ..were.. a bunch in Seattle-Vancouver.

Name:	alfa-romeo-junior-zagato-1600-05.jpg
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	7186655

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	7186656

Name:	75360.jpg
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	7186657

Comment

[ATTACH]109998[/ATTACH]

Comment

This is good! So easy, anybody could do it!

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/178201011" width="640" height="359" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is "The Super" by Evankleinfilms on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

(Not sure how to embed a Vimeo video...)

This is "The Super" by Evankleinfilms on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

shit....here it is...

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          id love to know your thoughts. i checked one out at the burlingame fiat dealership just south of san fran. the fuckers wouldn't let me drive one. the dealer and manager both said that they would be happy to sell the car to me but they don't allow anyone to test drive the 3 4c's they had in the showroom. i said go fuck yourself. no one in their right mind is going to spend 80k on a fucking car and not take it for a test flight around the patch.
                          OK...I drove one today. Incredible machine. I actually think the exhaust sounds cool, and the carbon fibre monocoque is just bad ass. It shifts well, and as far as I can tell, handles quite nicely. I had it towards the limit and the car breaks away in a smooth, predictable manner. The manual steering is direct and gives amazing feedback. That said, my E30 is a riot, and I have room for one fun car at the moment. I just can't justify something that I can't scare both kids in and is maybe 1/4 more exciting than the bimmer at 4 or 5x the price. I also like the fact that the BMW is subtle. The Alfa is anything but...
                          Last edited by ajhostetter; 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just ran across this old bit...

"F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen has always been a big fan. In this photo Kimi and his Junior Zagato before he came into F1."

Name:	sss.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	7187994

Comment

[ATTACH]110011[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                                Just ran across this old bit...

"F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen has always been a big fan. In this photo Kimi and his Junior Zagato before he came into F1."

[ATTACH]110010[/ATTACH]
                                great pic
                                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Working...
                                X