X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
    Random Alfa appreciation link, I'm not really an Alfa connoisseur but 60's/70's GTV's do it for me.
    Andrew (that specific seller) was my old neighbor when we both lived in Culver City. When he had this and I still had my Datsun, we did a little canyon run together. The induction noise of dual Webers and dual Mikunis changed my life haha

Might as well drop these in here too... Sprint was driven by Dorian of DV Mechanics, a young lady Sera was driving the blue GTV and some idiot named Simon drove that blue sedan in the back haha

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Random Alfa appreciation link, I'm not really an Alfa connoisseur but 60's/70's GTV's do it for me.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...o-gtv-2000-10/

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Sprint updates?
    Well, I have a new wiring harness, an exact reproduction of the original. The engine is still in limbo, waiting for TEM machine to do their magic. Currently trying to get the Datsun engine all sorted out and back in the car (because race car again...) I do have my set of 40mm Mikunis all rebuilt and ready to go on the car.

Will

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

Sorry, nothing yet... Got a PPI done on a particular car and the closeup pics I got and watching this video definitely makes me get a tetanus shot and lowball the seller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRGIT5a2hpI
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Dang, saw a new post from you and thought this was where the new purchase would be revealed.
    Sorry, nothing yet... Got a PPI done on a particular car and the closeup pics I got and watching this video definitely makes me want to run away

The sills of this Giulia were in truly bad shape, but that's no surprise with an Alfa Romeo 105. Here's the first part of their restoration, including the bu...

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

Sprint updates?
    Dang, saw a new post from you and thought this was where the new purchase would be revealed.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    My Sprint and Datsun are actually hidden in the shadows behind the car.

Will
    Sprint updates?

Leave a comment:

• BlackbirdM3
    replied
    The same car, pictures taken 40+ years apart. I have been taking care of this car for about 10 years now. The first pic was taken before I was born, the second I took back in December.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	165257590_10226868384082205_6079005059594681111_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=P72gNkIE9ukAX_rwOYO&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=53b7dff597d26f89db767415a9d28f8e&oe=60842549.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	9980269
    Click image for larger version  Name:	165707479_10226868383402188_2095074111989723346_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xFr1EK9uCMYAX_4QARF&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=3a429842fc44bc897c6810538a13707d&oe=60838838.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.3 KB ID:	9980270

My Sprint and Datsun are actually hidden in the shadows behind the car.

Will
    Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 03-27-2021, 11:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rloewy
    replied
    That’s lovely, is that one yours also?
    Yup, I own 2, because, well, Alfa?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    That’s lovely, is that one yours also?

Leave a comment:

• rloewy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Not sure why we don't see more V6 swapped GTVs or Juniors.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Did another AROSC Driving School this weekend. The one and only Vintage Alfa there was this sexy GTV. I was quite shocked when he popped the hood!...

Short of the custom 180* on the intake it looked like it fit in there quite comfortably

Leave a comment:

• rloewy
    replied
    I can understand the Giulia Super/Ti lust. Always wanted one. Never found a good one when I was looking. Somehow, ended up with coupes all the time. Maybe one day...

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by rloewy View Post
    Recent warm weekend trip
    Lovely Junior!

My next vintage car (and maybe next car, in general) will be a Giulia Super or Ti... I've wanted one for years and years, but it never worked out. Im adamant that it will be the next project. Plan is to build a nice "1750"

I think my best bet will be finding the cleanest 1300 within my budget as I believe they produced more of them and it wont have the premium a 1600 Super would have. Bonus points if its a 60s car, though I will take anything up to '75. A roller with a clean body and interior would be even better, but I wouldnt get to drive it until I finish building the motor

Fun history. This is Norm. Norm raced with the Alfa Club of Southern California for years and years until maybe 2 years ago. He was an awesome old man, and everytime I saw him I told him I wanted to buy his Giulia when he "hung up his helmet" Being an old man, he never really remembered me so I would give him the song and dance everytime I saw him... sadly he sold it to someone else. Heres his Giulia, he put a huge yellow stripe across his trunk, basically giving anyone coming up on him the Blue flag to pass lol

And a few bonus pics of the Alan Ward Memorial from nearly 4 years ago... damn time flies

Santos Garage cars, the two similar cars were piloted by the Santos brothers.

Here’s an old Stanceworks article about the shop and the cars

Excellent battle up front with the Giulia taking the win

and there was these gems in the paddock

Heres looking forward to a wonderful 2021!
    Last edited by 2mAn; 01-07-2021, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X