X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    GUYS.

My Disco 2 is done.

Wait, you mean you finally finished something!?!
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      Wait, you mean you finally finished something!?!
      Yup.....my Disco doesn't leak a drop of anything.

But uses 2qt/60 miles.

Long story long, I've been getting a 7 misfire. Did the wires and coils just cause....wires were looking shitty and I'd had them arching on the valve cover from time to time. Fixed it for a little while....then 7 misfire came back. Fouled plug. I'd previously wrapped up my oil leak fixing....front crank seal....and it was STILL using oil at an alarming rate. Heads were done like 20k ago. I was getting some smoke on hard accel, but figured it was just blowing shit out since I never drive it...let alone drive it hard. #7 was oil fouling. Cause....piston ring. Compression is great, which threw me. 165psi, give or take. The oil ring seems to have come apart or gotten stuck. Put a bore scope thru the plug hole and looked around....had to manually turn the engine over to get the piston down....peeked in there and there is a nice line of oil down the bore, along with drips flowing down from were the piston had been. Also chunks of shit, presumably carbon from the piston top.

So.....TLDR: engine's fucked. Wanna build it to 4.6 now....but wanna focus on the 109 so bad.
      Last edited by slammin.e28; 01-27-2016, 12:10 PM.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

GM 6.0, aluminum heads of some sort, done.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Ouch! build up a 4.6 for much more power.

I did my head gaskets this summer in my 2001 P38. Has 135k miles now, coil conversion, 33s, winch, racks, armor and lots of goodies.

Mine is the silver P38 in this pic from Baja a few years ago. Heading back in April. Have since built a swing out and metal rear bumper to store the spare.

Last edited by spikemd; 01-28-2016, 07:13 PM.
          1985 E30 S52, OBDI, E36 suspension
          www.e30s52.com

Comment

My other rover, 2006 LR3 with ARB front bumper, winch, lift seen here in Moab on the White Rim Trail last September. Rovers are awesome.

1985 E30 S52, OBDI, E36 suspension
            www.e30s52.com

Comment

The last Land Rover. They picked a perfect one to end it on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	last Land Rover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	7181979

Comment

Slammin, do you know who is selling this? Looks pretty clean.

http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/5425072970.html

Comment

What are your thoughts on this: https://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/5394230632.html
                  My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by skateimitation View Post
                    Slammin, do you know who is selling this? Looks pretty clean.

http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/5425072970.html
                    I've never seen that one around....however, on the map, it appears to be down the street from me.

Comment

Blizzard @ about 1/3 point

Comment

A few from a day or so after the storm...

Tire tracks there are from the D2 driving through the full like 30"

Comment

That thing is way....way off the ground. What locates that rear axle sideways?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                            That thing is way....way off the ground. What locates that rear axle sideways?
                            It's been converted to spring-over-axle. Apparently at some point it had a 4BT in it. The steering arm is all jacked up because of the angle.

I was just after the body. Going to need some repairs, but it's going onto the RRC LWB frame eventually.

I donno what powerplant to pop in it. I want to do BMW, since the 4hp in the RRC has a M20 bellhousing on it from when the RRC was M52'd. Really wanna to M30B35....think it's a fitting engine for a Series truck....if it'll fit in the bay. I don't wanna move the grille up flush with the fenders....but may have to.

Comment

Here's a 1985 Land Rover 110 'Truck Cab'. It's very pretty.

Comment

Awesome truck and an awesome username
                                -Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X