• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you P38 lovers:

Lucky P38

Comment

Wow...i like!

Comment

I'm still amazed at what a tight circle a P38 can make, its like the easiest SUV to park and maneuver around objects.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Hopefully going to look at a 95 disco this weekend. Its been sitting for awhile and has an oil leak, but hopefully I can get this thing for sub 1k.

Has pretty much every option for 95.
          1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

ROVER DOWN

So, recently whenever I came to a stop a large cloud of smoke would roll out from under the truck. I was like WTF. This went on for a couple of days as I had no idea where to begin looking.

Well, today I got under it, instead of looking in the engine bay like I had been, and low and behold, the muffler is covered in black shit. WTF? Look up, the underside is covered in clear fluid....brake fluid.

Apparently there is a pinhole in one of the solid lines, spraying right onto the muffler.

I am less than amused.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

the throttle body heater exploded on my P38 which made quite a huge puddle and steam show.

owned car for around 2 months-
              *replaced alternator- car completely died and threw every code possible, luckily after charging the battery the car told me it was an alternator fault making it a simple $200 fix

*suspension- car dropped to the floor within hours, only one bag held air.

*and repaired TB heater.

even with the problems its had If I had to buy another SUV it would still be a P38.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Latest addition to the collection, love it!

Comment

Someone bought a disco 2.
                  1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Damn everytime I look at this thread I start shopping for these things on CL.... like I need more shit to spend money on

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                    Bluebird Bus Conversion
                    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                      Damn everytime I look at this thread I start shopping for these things on CL.... like I need more shit to spend money on
                      I'm glad more E30 owners are buying them, because I don't want to be associated as a Rover owner...
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Pic from when I bought my Range Rover, made it almost two miles.

Comment

Lol, sorry to hear that. But that made me laugh.

Comment

All cleaned up

Already finding stuff wrong (duh) and my friends have already poured coolant underneath in an attempt to worry me, but I love the damn thing.

Comment

James ^ .... Nice DII.

If you are interested in a run down on things to look for or preventative items to get on shoot me a PM. Owned my 03 DII now since spring of 2005 and have almost 100k miles of experience with it. Great trucks and when it gets down to it, they are really easy to work on.

Oh, and get the DII workshop manual in PDF. It puts a Bentley BMW manual to shame.

Comment

so today the P38's battery died while driving, battery replaced and hopefully another alternator didn't go out.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X