Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Of course, I would post a P38 above. -_-
    Let's be honest, you prefer your Range Rovers burnt to a crisp on the side of the road...

P38 <3
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

this is why..

[ATTACH]75433[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75434[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75435[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75436[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75437[/ATTACH]

Comment

God that looks like so much fun.
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

[ATTACH]75439[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75442[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75443[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]75444[/ATTACH]

Prototype testing..
            [ATTACH]75445[/ATTACH]

The King's LR...
            [ATTACH]75446[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75447[/ATTACH]

The Queen's LR..
            [ATTACH]75448[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]75449[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75450[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75451[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75452[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75453[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]75455[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75456[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75457[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                  94 was the first year in the US. 94 and 95 are by far the most basic of them all and probably the most problem free. With that said they are the most utilitarian. Great trail trucks but as far as comfort, convenience, and power they are down. They have the 3.9 V8 with a distributor.

96 to early 99 saw huge changes for the D1. The rover V8 got the GEMS efi system also gaining the 4.0 designation, more creature comforts and luxuries, more horsepower. Still great trail trucks, bit more problematic engine wise.

Late 99 to 02 got the Discovery 2. These trucks are longer, more roomy, and much more comfortable than the previous Discovery 1. These trucks while capable, were less trail savvy than it's predecessor. Things in the D1, like all electrics mounted high for water fording were now mounted low. BMW was in ownership at this time, and with that came Bosch management to the V8. early trucks had the CDL transfer box, but lacked the linkage. CDL swaps on early D2's are pretty straight forward. Later trucks had a different transfer box entirely. Land rover believed CDL wasn't necessary with their improvements with traction control.

With 2003 came a huge change. Trucks got a facelift and got the 4.6 out of the Range Rover, improved brake calipers were also introduced. They go more creature comforts on the inside and more features on the outside. These trucks are plagued with oiling issues and are common to see low mileage trucks needing replacement engines.

In 2004 the CDL box was introduced back into the Discovery as customers were complaining. Oiling issues with the 4.6 were fixed, but due to old, worn molds in the factory, the engine blocks were cast with poor tolerances and these trucks suffer with porous blocks, and slipping cylinder liners. Still 2004 is the most sought after year of the D2.

Keep in mind these trucks have aluminum bodies, but steel chassis. Won't rust on the outside but will on the inside. Rust likes to form on the rear arches, rear cargo door area, rear floor, and around the roof windows.

Disco 101, Professor Holland presiding.

Thanks!
                  Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

Thanks!
                    SRSLY, haha! Holland is the man!
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

Thanks!
                      LOL! What's funny is that I always wanted a Land Cruiser, and yet here I am.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Here's some additional info that might help -

Discovery II - What to look for when buying a Land Rover Discovery - This is a very common question and also a very good one. The Discovery series one (DI) ran from 1989-1999, US models from 1994-1999. Pre-1996 models have the 3.9L V8 with a distributor, all models after that have the 4.0L engine and electronic...

Discovery I - Discovery Series I Tech Section - Land Rover Maintenance Schedule http://www.landroverresource.com/docs/D2_03-04.pdf Rave Manual https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/link-rave-iso-images-42972/ Engine Oil and Filter...

I would like to get very specific about Land Rover Discoveries. Where I am from they are all around me and I am sure that just about everything that I am asking has been mentioned in one place or another. Please be patient! We know that Discoveries have some inherent problems. Are there any...

DiscoWeb is the world's biggest online forum of Land Rover Discovery owners. Featuring Discovery classifieds, registry, and more. Completely ad-free.

Comment

FS Thread - parting out several Rovers.

[ATTACH]75463[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                            Here's some additional info that might help -

Discovery II - What to look for when buying a Land Rover Discovery - This is a very common question and also a very good one. The Discovery series one (DI) ran from 1989-1999, US models from 1994-1999. Pre-1996 models have the 3.9L V8 with a distributor, all models after that have the 4.0L engine and electronic...

Discovery I - Discovery Series I Tech Section - Land Rover Maintenance Schedule http://www.landroverresource.com/docs/D2_03-04.pdf Rave Manual https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/link-rave-iso-images-42972/ Engine Oil and Filter...

I would like to get very specific about Land Rover Discoveries. Where I am from they are all around me and I am sure that just about everything that I am asking has been mentioned in one place or another. Please be patient! We know that Discoveries have some inherent problems. Are there any...

http://www.discoweb.org

Thanks for the links !
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

[ATTACH]75464[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75465[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75466[/ATTACH]

These guys drove from London to Singapore in two Series I's sometime after the war, before there was a road from London to Singapore...
                              [ATTACH]75467[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]75468[/ATTACH]

Comment

Watched the Bolivia Special TGUK again last night. Still my favorite episode.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                                X