No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent a little time working on the Disco 2 today.

For the last few months the SRS light has been on, and as I got my Nanocom Evolution last week I found it was a faulty rotary coupler behind the steering wheel causing the fault (Open Circuit, Drivers Airbag)

As a new coupler is around $300 from Land Rover I went over to Pick-N-Pull as they had a fairly complete 2001 Disco, while it was certainly a risk that this one would also be faulty I nabbed it for 17 bucks, as well as a new horn button (mine has been broken since I bought the Disco) as well as a spare ignition switch, rear sunroof switch (mine was just gone) and a few other odds and ends.

Airbag out

Replacement Coupler

Success!

Comment

So, dug into the problem.

I donno. Basically it's like the harness isn't plugging into the pump assembly properly. The wire, unfortunately, is the power wire to the pump, not the ground. So, I guess I need to get another harness and try that. Of course it's NLA on Worldpac where I could have gotten it for like $30.

I've got it redneck style zip tied on there, but it died when I was moving it from the shop to the driveway, so I'm not chancing it.

Maybe good time to work on body lift????/
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

[ATTACH]75959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75961[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75962[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75963[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]75964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75965[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75966[/ATTACH]

..and an Alfa Romeo to shake things up..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	7159917

Comment

I lol'd at the irony of this in my current RRC.....

Comment

Just saw this. I so want to do it now.

Land Rover LR4s successfully cross America off-road

Comment

Nice! Yep, me too.

Comment

D1 flares

Nice D1 on Expedition Portal...

Name:	D1 - paint or flares.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	7159939

Name:	D1 flare canopy.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	7159940

My son and I have been trying to learn what we can about D1 factory flares. Not much out there. Some guys cut up D2 flares to make them work and it works..ok.. The wheel wells are completely different.

There is a dumb-looking factory flare that is pretty flat, and just turns into the rubber side moulding. I don't like it.

But this one looks like a factory piece -

Name:	fl 4Richersveld4.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	7159941

Any ideas out there?

Comment

So tempting...

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                      Not for 2500. That's what I paid for mine, running and lifted...
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                        Not for 2500. That's what I paid for mine, running and lifted...

I agree the asking price is too damn high. What is tempting me is the Manual Transmission and 70,000 miles.
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Ugh. Looks like the headliner is gallon out too. Like the whole fiberglass piece. $700 max truck. Paint is shot too. Who knows what else.

Comment

I still really want a disco but I can never seem to find them for a price that I can justify buying at, seems like everyone that has a LR thinks because its a Lux brand at 12 years old or better its still a 6k plus rig..... even with every light in the dash on and neglecting to service or fix anything on it for the last 5 years its been on the road.
                            Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-02-2013, 08:52 AM.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

I really don't think you're looking in the right places if you can't find a sound Disco for sub 6k.

What are you looking for specifically? D1, D2?

Comment

I am not looking hard or anything, just causally, and most that I see worth buying, people still want a small fortune for, or want to too much for them for being clapped out and need a pile of work done to them just to get them back to being road worthy and 1/2 reliable even for a Rover.

Looking for one in good repair that I can lift a little, Lockers, Bumpers, Lights, Rack, and few other up grades for a back country rig........................ But I dont want 10k in a toy I might get to use twice a year either, while have to plate and insure and just maintain for just sitting.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X