Clear All

What's a "dealer"?

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
      What's a "dealer"?
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
        Best I've found is Rovers North. They have rough schematics for each model by system.
        Awesome, I need small stuff like a rear washer nozzle.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Anyone here taking advantage of Black Friday/Cyber Monday to buy parts for their Rover?
          If so, whos got the deals? And...anyone recommend a 2" or 3" lifted setup for the RRC? And...i know, i'm abusing this, where can i get black steelies with beefy tires?

Thanks and happy thanksgiving everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
            Anyone here taking advantage of Black Friday/Cyber Monday to buy parts for their Rover?
            If so, whos got the deals? And...anyone recommend a 2" or 3" lifted setup for the RRC? And...i know, i'm abusing this, where can i get black steelies with beefy tires?

Thanks and happy thanksgiving everyone!!
            Lol, anyone have any decent disco 1 steelies or seats I would be glad to take them.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Atlantic British has free shipping on orders about $250. So that applies to just about anything they are selling. :(

And...anyone recommend a 2" or 3" lifted setup for the RRC?
              Most people just mix & match OME springs to find a ride/duty that suits them. That's what I did (762F, 764R). (Though I've got a set of Safari Guards I need to swap in the front if you're lusting after my 762s) Just remember that anything over 2" lift (or so) and you'll be looking into extended brake lines, bigger bump stops, double-cardan driveshaft, and extended shock mounts.

I went with Terrafirma shocks. I would have preferred OME or Bilstein, but the price was awfully good on the TFs. I am satisfied. They work.

And...i know, i'm abusing this, where can i get black steelies with beefy tires?
              Keep checking the forums for the steelies. Dweb or Expo have them pop up rather frequently.

I bought a set of TreadWright Guard Dog tires for mine. They are retreads on proven casings. Mine happen to be BF Goodrich. I really, really like these tires.
              Last edited by quickervicar; 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot quickervicar!

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                  Damn! R3v gonna need a Rover subforum!
                  I'm actually Land Rover Discovery shopping at the moment... hrmmmm...........

Comment

I bought my steelies from OK rovers, they are American racing not sure if they still have any. I think they were a special run.

I run a ome lift with medium rear springs in front and heavy duty in the back
                    sigpic
                    89 325i Offroad
                    89 325i
                    05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                      Don't
                      Do
                      It.

I've shopped them for years, and always walk away happier that I didn't buy one. Plus, it's just a glorified AWD vehicle. ;) LAME!

Now, Defender 90... even I'd put up with the Land Rover oddities for one of those.
                      Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                        Don't
                        Do
                        It.

I've shopped them for years, and always walk away happier that I didn't buy one. Plus, it's just a glorified AWD vehicle. ;) LAME!

Now, Defender 90... even I'd put up with the Land Rover oddities for one of those.
                        Yep, glorified AWD...

I think it does quite alright...

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                          Yep, glorified AWD...

I think it does quite alright...
                          It does, but I like my 4wd vehicles to be able to switch from 2wd to 4wd when I want.
                          Discovers look great and are competent, just silly to be in "4wd" all the time.
                          Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                            Do eeeet!

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                            It does, but I like my 4wd vehicles to be able to switch from 2wd to 4wd when I want.
                            Discovers look great and are competent, just silly to be in "4wd" all the time.
                            Being able to switch to 2wd is for pickup trucks and cheap SUVs.

You don't get to be the best 4x4xfar driving around in 2wd.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

No. Silly is not being able to lock the center diff in your chain-driven transfer case. Silly is electronically-locking hubs that only work in the summertime. Silly is something the size of a Suburban weighing less than a tiny, aluminum-bodied Rover.

Comment

i spy a rover

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X