X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    i don't know jack crap about 80's high end audio equipment but they look awesome. those stands you had made are really cool too.

school me on why these are better than a newer set of bose speakers with a sub woofer?
    Because BOSE has been junk for decades?

It's for lazy upper-middle class white people that want something they don't really have to learn about to get working.

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied

Dropping off materials for a 24'x32' "shed." Lol. Unfortunately the builders got stuck in traffic, didn't get the post holes dug in time, the inspector showed up, saw the lack of holes and left. Everything is pushed back a day.

I am very impatient at this point. Been years waiting for this.

Leave a comment:

• keefy6
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Those are awesome! I had a set in the 80's I ran through Luxman seperates.

Great pickup.

Cool stands, I have Elac F5s.

lol
    I've heard luxman/JBL and it's a considerably great combination. About to graduate from SS to tubes however.

I also have ELAC; it's the B5 and one difference in these and of what some speakers offer (and what I own) is these actually have a crossover for each Low, mid, high freq. No comparison with the B5s they sound like well terrible compared to the L112s..

JBL in general were the speaker/monitor of choice of a large part of very many studios for a very, very long time. Highly likely the favorite song you have was mixed using a JBL.

Leave a comment:

• Varinn
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    They kick ass. I've had various pliers and cutters from them in a professional setting for over 3 years without ever having to warranty them. Cornwell, Matco, and mac all resell them on the trucks for a markup too, they just print their own name next to "knipex" on the handles.
    Can't speak to the reselling but I replaced my various SnapOn pliers with Knipex and never went back. The cutters are better, jaws and teeth are stronger, handle shapes bang on, they're light, the slip joint design is awesome.

High quality German tools and they're cheaper than Mac or SnapOn.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Bose used to build/repair/refurb stuff in Hillsdale MI, until about 14 years ago when they moved the repair/refurb work to SC and new product to Mexico. Whats happened since then I dont know. Used to know several people that worked for them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X