Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E-Thirty View Post
    http://amzn.com/B008LTBJFW

Thats what I used for my 2012 MBP. User reviews say it works fine in a 2011 and even recognizes the 1600MHz.
    Awesome! Thanks.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
      I use a raspberry pi for all my high power gaming.
      I've got one here that I use to monitor/control a salt water fishtank. Kinda cool little thing. :p
      91 318is - Gone
      16 VW GTI
      07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

just bought an ssd. sandisk ultra II 240gb for basically $1.55 out of my pocket.

had a $50 amazon gift card that i received from credit card reward points. add that to the amazon visa $30 promotion making the total stupid cheap.

happy black friday/cyber monday to me.

Comment

I've been building a PC too! The cpu cooler comes in tomorrow then finally I can put this thing together

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
          CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
          Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE
          Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
          Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB
          Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
          Video Card: Sapphire R9 280X
          Case: NZXT S340
          Power Supply: Corsair CX600M
          Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND
          Monitor: Asus VN248H
          Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire Rapid
          Mouse: CM Storm Havoc

Comment

Just a heads up on a great deal.

My gtx660sc died last night, so I replaced it with a evga gtx970sc.

Newegg offers customers an awesome experience shopping for computers, hardware, electronics, networking solutions, and more. Upgrade your shopping experience today!

Figured I would share if anyone else is looking for a new card.

No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Before i get too deep I could use some advice from the experts here as im starting to spec out my first ever tower build. (I havent bought anything yet ) This is where im at so far

case: corsair carbide series 500R
              cpu: intel core i7 5960x 8 core
              Gpu: nvidia gtx 980
              Ram: corsair dominator platinum ddr4 32gb
              Mobo: asus x99 rampage v extreme
              Power supply corsair axi 1200

Looking for further recommendations and how to make it all work.
              Last edited by ALYKZANDYR; 01-08-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
                Before i get too deep I could use some advice from the experts here as im starting to spec out my first ever tower build. (I havent bought anything yet ) This is where im at so far

what do you plan on doing with your rig?

going anything above an i5 is just throwing money away as far as gaming goes, as MOST games cant handle the 8 threads the i7 uses. 16 gigs of ram is also more than enough i have never used all of my ram and i have music playing, browser open, battlefield 4 running, and chromecasting to my TV all at the same time. your case is what you wanna spend honestly i bought my case for $30 and its been fantastic its all just what bells and whistles you want on it. bottom mount PSUs are nice since the computers weight is down low and helps with cooling having heat go out the top. Mobo is better to buy a quality one but same thing as the processor when it gets to a certain point, its not worth the extra to buy the top of the line ones. most of the name brand PSUs are fine modular is awesome but not needed. also more fans does not equal better cooling capacity!!!!:hitler:

in closing save some money on stuff you dont really need, and blow all your cash on the best GPU you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post

da faq you trying to do.

re-render the movie frozen
                  sigpic

Comment

Computer will be for casual use and gaming. Im tired of having weak computers and want to build an extremly powerful one that will last a long time before an upgrades are needed.

As for cooling im looking into liquid cooling for the cpu.

Are there any major "do not dos" as far as assembling the rig that i should know?
                    Last edited by ALYKZANDYR; 01-09-2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

The die hard computer people will tell you that closed system liquid coolers suck.

That said, I run an H100i and my phenom ii is currently overclocked to 4.2 from 3.6 and never breaks 42*C.

I agree on 32gb ram overkill. I run 8, and have considered 16 but I usually close out everything before launching any games.

980 is going to be a great card, I just installed the 970 a few days ago and it is well ahead of the 660 it replaced, which I had no problems with other than it overheating and crashing when playing mechwarrior.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Asus motherboards. Before my current Asus I had an MSI, which had a MOSFET blow and catch on fire during a load test at 4.2ghz. This was on the same processor that my Asus board has been running at that speed for a year now without issue.
                      No E30 Club
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I have 32gb of ram. but, this is a work machine. 8 cores too. :D

I've maxed it out several times.. models get out of hand after you work on them for 5 years!
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Bump.

Aiming for a sub $1k build (not including mouse, keyboard, and monitors).

Any ideas to refine this list or replace unnecessary parts? I'd really love to keep the i5-4960k and GTX970 but I'm up for any recommendations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.89 @ OutletPC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($73.99 @ NCIX US)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($70.97 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($328.99 @ Directron)

Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1049.77

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Aiming for a rig capable of high-ish quality gaming, 3D modeling, Photoshop work and maybe some lighter video editing later on.

Edit2: Link to my /r/buildapc thread - http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/com..._a_parts_list/
                          Last edited by lambo; 02-14-2015, 09:29 PM.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Looks like a good build! if u rma the wd blue they will send u back a black series HDD and unless you seriously need to overclock the i5 then you could probably ditch the cooler for now Intels run pretty cool

Comment

Since this is bumped figure I'll update.

I wanted to throw in a better processor, so I ordered a fx9590 (4.7ghz, 5.0 in turbo mode), not realizing that only a select few motherboards can handle it.

I was going to switch to Intel when the time came to upgrade my mother board. Unfortunately I didn't figure out the comparability issue until it was too late to cancel. So I ordered an ASUS fx sabertooth for the 9590.

I'm happy with the end result, 100+ fps on BF4 ultra settings with the gtx970sc. Even MWO is getting 85, which with the phenom ii I had and gtx970 I was still only getting 35.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Lambo, you may want to get a CPU with hyperthreading for doing 3D and video work.

Comment

Working...
                                X