• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    my step daughter gave me and 9 of my buddies chlamittia
    I really want to put just this in my sig
    88 325i Cabrio
    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

you think your commute is bad....

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        you think your commute is bad....

He said maybe $500 a week in gas!!!
        What does a barista make an hour?

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
          He said maybe $500 a week in gas!!!
          What does a barista make an hour?
          Hey man, he "never really thought about it." What an idiot, if the video is even real.

By using some rough approximation he's spending over $500 Canadian on fuel each week, without even considering the added maintenance expenses. After more assumptions it looks like he's probably bringing in under $2500 take home pay each month, which won't go far with a family, even in the hinterlands of Alberta.

If they were to move closer (within 100mi) it could be expected that they would have at least another $1000 in the bank each month considering increased hour potential and higher costs around Van City.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Hey man, he "never really thought about it." What an idiot, if the video is even real.

By using some rough approximation he's spending over $500 Canadian on fuel each week, without even considering the added maintenance expenses. After more assumptions it looks like he's probably bringing in under $2500 take home pay each month, which won't go far with a family, even in the hinterlands of Alberta.

If they were to move closer (within 100mi) it could be expected that they would have at least another $1000 in the bank each month considering increased hour potential and higher costs around Van City.

Even a job in Alberta that pays $500 a week less would be better!!
            Travel, car maintenance, etc would be far less.

If I spent $500 a week in gas I'd look for a new job and an Ironworkers pay is pretty good.

Comment

who drives 10 hours each way to work/home every day? when do you sleep?

Edit, yes the video is fake lol.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I gotta be honest, if someone is commuting 10 hours each way to work every day of the week, I'm gonna have to assume that person is an idiot. His problems are his own fault.

Edit: I didn't watch the video, but the comments are saying it's satire.

Comment

We opened the box of party stuff that my fiancee ordered online. My first question after pulling out some personalized napkins, "So what else has the date on it?" ...She ordered the napkins with the wrong date, luckily everything else is date free...

Comment

Well that was fun.

I was gonna go for a quick drive in mom's A4. Got to the traffic light at the end of the street here. Light turns green, I go, shift to second, and nothing happens. thinking that second gear somehow self destructed, I tried 3rd, etc., all of them make the same grinding sound when I let the clutch out, basically like if you miss a shift and grind a gear. Managed to coast to the shoulder, call dad, we tow the car home. FYI, a cable is the wrong damn tool to tow a car, but that's all we had available. Get the car home, manage to get it into the garage. I was thinking it was the clutch or shift linkage. Ended up being a CV shaft (credit to dad for guessing correctly). Amazing that one broken axle can completely immobilize an AWD car. Oh well. Better than the alternatives. Thank god it happened close to home.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                      I really want to put just this in my sig
                      I'd be honored.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I wonder how many of you thought the "riderless bicycle" vid was also real

EDIT to be honest, I had my GF thinking the following vid was real too

Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 07-21-2016, 10:32 PM.
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Well that was fun.

I was gonna go for a quick drive in mom's A4. Got to the traffic light at the end of the street here. Light turns green, I go, shift to second, and nothing happens. thinking that second gear somehow self destructed, I tried 3rd, etc., all of them make the same grinding sound when I let the clutch out, basically like if you miss a shift and grind a gear. Managed to coast to the shoulder, call dad, we tow the car home. FYI, a cable is the wrong damn tool to tow a car, but that's all we had available. Get the car home, manage to get it into the garage. I was thinking it was the clutch or shift linkage. Ended up being a CV shaft (credit to dad for guessing correctly). Amazing that one broken axle can completely immobilize an AWD car. Oh well. Better than the alternatives. Thank god it happened close to home.
                          Yup, open front and rear diffs, and a torsen center diff. Quattro is amazing, but as with any torsen differential, if you lose all traction on one end it becomes open.
                          No E30 Club
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Drove my E30 for the first time in a year. Everything buttoned up enough to go start to shakedown/start logging. Was going great until I decided to give it like half throttle... The HX35's compressor housing popped off and destroyed the compressor, and either bent the shaft or snapped it. I need to take the front end of the car off to see if the intercooler caught any aluminum chunks, there's one in particular I'm looking for.

On the upside, it's a great excuse to ditch the HX35+huge turbine housing and get something more modern... maybe(well, most likely) a BW S257SX-E

Oh, and after a quick google search, I learned that the compressor housing Oring that came in my HX35 rebuild kit, was actually for an H1C, and they don't actually use one on the snap ring style HX35 housings... So tl;dr: it's 100% my fault. I just figured the PO was an idiot since they smashed the turbine trying to take its housing off and put an oring where there wasn't one before.

Comment

I'll be using a s256 soon, getting it on a trade.

Been doing some reading, and I kind of wish it was a s257, but I'm still pretty excited.

Should be a great turbo for a very strong mid-high range powerband, with some drop off past 6k.
                              No E30 Club
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Pulled the stereo out of my E30 today to put in my truck. I felt bad cuz the car has been sitting in the back of my parents shop since April. I was tempting to clear out a path and take it for a spin. Mine will probably be for sale soon, or parted out.

Any ideas on a new project? Thinking either another E30, a Vette, E46M or (Thanks to Exodus) an S4. This will be for track/joy driving on the weekends since I have my truck to daily now.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by flyboyx
                                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                                Originally posted by Northern
                                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Working...
                                X