No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news, water was gone by the time I got home. This is a 97 manufactured home with the grey pipe. Did some reading and it sounds like it's likely a cracked plastic fitting.

Stopped by home Depot on the way home and got some 1/2" pex, a crimping tool, and some pex-poly adapter kits.

Spent the night at a hotel last night so everyone could take a shower (mainly myself, worked with fiberglass exhaust insulation quite a bit yesterday.)

Going to get a nice breakfast and tackle it this morning.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Turn of events.

Put on my big boy pants and got in there, only to realize that none of the plumbing is accessable from below. Didn't realize until I started looking around that the only stuff in the crawl space is the well in, pressure tank, filter, cut off valves. A line goes up to the water heater, and another line goes up for cold water, nowhere near a faucet.

So, time to do some reading. I have a suspicion of where the leak is, but I am thinking I will need to go through the floor on this one. I don't want to cut my vapor barrier if I don't have to.

Edit:. Going to get fun. Decided I don't want do deal with wet insulation so I'll be cutting it all out and installing new.

Yay home ownership.
      Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 07-29-2017, 09:49 AM.
      No E30 Club
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Good news is that while I have grey that I can see inside, the lines going in are pex. Hopefully someone else already replaced the main lines....
        No E30 Club

Comment

Sold the f-150 today. Can't wait to go get the new truck.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Stopped to look at a new camaro. I actually really liked it...
            My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
              Stopped to look at a new camaro. I actually really liked it...
              Drive one first. Had a rental a couple years ago and the blind spots were maddening.
              No E30 Club

Comment

Me too. I agree about the blind spots. I found all that cheap looking plastic in the interior annoying as well as all the squeaks and inside rattles. Mine only had 18k on the clock. Couldnt get out of it fast enough. It was pretty fast, though.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Moving the house BS to the Home buying thread. Currently gutting my entire bathroom, and possibly part of my bedroom...
                  No E30 Club

Comment

^Jeez, hope things come right for you soon.
                    1990 325i
                    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      Me too. I agree about the blind spots. I found all that cheap looking plastic in the interior annoying as well as all the squeaks and inside rattles. Mine only had 18k on the clock. Couldnt get out of it fast enough. It was pretty fast, though.
                      How would you say it compares to the Stang?
                      I've had a few of them, but no Camaro's
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        How would you say it compares to the Stang?
                        I've had a few of them, but no Camaro's
                        Honestly Stanley, I haven't driven a stang since they started putting coyote engines in them so I can't really give you good advice there.

We are a ford family generally. My grand dad retired from there. I would generally choose that over a Camaro or challenger.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Ive driven my friends '15 GT and I cant stand it. Blind spots, no idea where the corners are, etc. Seems to be a common problem with new cars, thats why they have sensors everywhere to warn you, heaven forbid you actually turn your head to see if someone is in your blind spot!....
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Since we're talking Fords, I wrangled the President at work in to getting a rear wheel drive F-150 with the 3.5 turbo and limited slip instead of another F-250 with the uninspiring 6.2L and clunky 4WD. Here's hoping that I'll somehow be able to have that as my Operations vehicle instead of my current crappy Transit Connect.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              Since we're talking Fords, I wrangled the President at work in to getting a rear wheel drive F-150 with the 3.5 turbo and limited slip instead of another F-250 with the uninspiring 6.2L and clunky 4WD. Here's hoping that I'll somehow be able to have that as my Operations vehicle instead of my current crappy Transit Connect.

I hope you never have to tow anything and its just a commuter truck.Those ecoboost are absolute shit when it comes towing. Seems like everyone is running away from Ford after they went to aluminum bodies. We ended up going back in years. Went from a 2009 F-150 to a 2002 F-350 dually with the 7.3 cause they are tanks and it was my grandpas truck. He bought it new in 2002 and it has 70k on it with not a spec of rust.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                I hope you never have to tow anything and its just a commuter truck.Those ecoboost are absolute shit when it comes towing. Seems like everyone is running away from Ford after they went to aluminum bodies. We ended up going back in years. Went from a 2009 F-150 to a 2002 F-350 dually with the 7.3 cause they are tanks and it was my grandpas truck. He bought it new in 2002 and it has 70k on it with not a spec of rust.
                                I could be wrong, I often am, but the bold statement above is not accurate.

Here's a brief video featuring the Ecoboost engine that was torture tested 6 years ago.

My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X