Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Soooo gooood.... I gotta do my ABC delete. Local friend/customer has stage 2 in his 335d and it's quite an impressive improvement over stock.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Speaking of NA expensive to make fast…

I got my S54 RRD ITB kit on.. Just trying to sort things out with tuners.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Yeah NA is great but it's unavoidably expensive to make it fast, I wish I could get my bike's responsiveness and power out of my cars NA but 110+hp/L would be a tall order for anything BMW. For my cars S54 swap is probably the only feasible option and an S54 powered E34 would hardly be considered fast.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Dont forget to short shift it too.... TORKE BAYBEE

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Wait til you have that boosted diesel! lol
    I'm so excited to start that.

See in an OM617, it's slow before the boost kicks in, then the turbo kick in and you're still slow. Very predictable- just how I like it.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Even on n54/55 and b58s where turbo lag is very minimal, it still doesn't do the same for me as an NA engine w half the power just pulling more and more to redline. It's just too satisfying.
    Wait til you have that boosted diesel! lol

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    For an auto-x car, I'd rather just have an NA motor and learn control.

Mighty Car Mods actually did an episode/series pitting 2 NB Miata's against each other on an auto-x course. One supercharged, one turbo, both at the same max PSI. The supercharged one way outperformed on the course, although I bet the turbo car could turn up the boost and take off on the straights. It makes sense due to turbo lag, but was cool to see in practice.
    Yeah, I def feel the same..

I had a turbo car for a while and the way the boost hit made it not that fun to hit the twisties with.. It was def fun with all the noises and just being a pretty quick car, but I got rid of the 300whp car and replaced it with an m20 e30 lol

Even on n54/55 and b58s where turbo lag is very minimal, it still doesn't do the same for me as an NA engine w half the power just pulling more and more to redline. It's just too satisfying.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    For an auto-x car, I'd rather just have an NA motor and learn control.

Mighty Car Mods actually did an episode/series pitting 2 NB Miata's against each other on an auto-x course. One supercharged, one turbo, both at the same max PSI. The supercharged one way outperformed on the course, although I bet the turbo car could turn up the boost and take off on the straights. It makes sense due to turbo lag, but was cool to see in practice.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

No Mazdaspeeds for you, eh?
    No :c

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Goal; at least one wagon tail of the dragon pic in the thread before December.
    the slower you go the better focused it will be for the pics

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied

lol NEVER

If I had to choose between a boosted miata or an NA- I would go with NA

Varg, I definitely feel that at times... The older I get, the more shit I have to deal w and the less time I have to work on my own projects...

Very jealous that you'll be on that road.. def a goal of mine to hit that in the e30
    No Mazdaspeeds for you, eh?

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver View Post

So you're saying a miata with turbo?

lol NEVER

If I had to choose between a boosted miata or an NA- I would go with NA

Varg, I definitely feel that at times... The older I get, the more shit I have to deal w and the less time I have to work on my own projects...

Very jealous that you'll be on that road.. def a goal of mine to hit that in the e30

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Crazy how life gets in the way and tanks your motivation to do something sometimes. My wagon is barely any further along than it was at my last update in its thread, but I have a goal in sight; road trip up to the smokies and hitting the driving roads in the area. I just hope the weather holds out because my rear tires are not well suited for anything lower than the 50s, not that I plan on pushing the car on those roads, just spirited driving. Goal; at least one wagon tail of the dragon pic in the thread before December.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    psh x2
    So you're saying a miata with turbo?

Last edited by McGyver; 08-26-2022, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    LOL MrBurgundy your hair would look lovely cruisin down the PCH with the top down in a Miata...
    The hair dresser comments would be imminent lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X