Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
      13) Hoodrich E65 owners.
      KC in a nutshell.
      1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
      1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
      E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

^FACT. I live in 'East Brookside' (block off Troost, on the 'good side'), and I see a LOT of those.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

1st half of #2, then #3 and #6. Because I'm a broke 20-something, but I'm also able to work on it when needed. I DID wreck it though... Also, I will for sure be 6 in the future. Already got the lady convinced that we need a 2 seater someday for weekend cruising.
          88 325i Cabrio
          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

^
            LIFE as you get a little past the broke baggy pants stage changes that "roadster for cruising" mantra....

New kitchens/Appliances, bathrooms, TAXES, Living room Furniture, Bed room sets, water heaters explode, 401k's/IRA's, Several verities of Insurances, Septic system maintenance, medical bills, rug rats, Wifes car needs a Trans so fuck it buy new Mini Van/Cross over, A savings acct with more than 123.67 in birthday money in it, Someone left the hose attached and the Hydrant on last night and it all froze solid so have to dig that up, Freezer in the garage implodes and have to replace it and its content, HEAT, Landscaping supplies, a passing fancy with Boating, attempt land lording / house flipping, weddings in other states your obliged to go to, you will develop a fondness for actual FOOD (rammen and walmart Mac&Cheese are not such things), Applebees will not pass for a "Nice Dinner Out" anymore, Vacations to places you want too see, unplanned trips to visit sick or dead relatives that occur at the worst possible moment........ Not necessarily in that order, I can continue on and on and on and on ;)

Mark my words.....

If you dont like mine, a line from John Lennon's 1980 Beautiful Boy might be a little more concise and to the point.....

"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans."
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-14-2018, 11:12 AM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

^Easy for you to say, that statement is for the rest of us. Look at them boobies you get to lay with!
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                ^
                LIFE as you get a little past the broke baggy pants stage changes that "roadster for cruising" mantra....

New kitchens/Appliances, bathrooms, TAXES, Living room Furniture, Bed room sets, water heaters explode, 401k's/IRA's, Several verities of Insurances, Septic system maintenance, medical bills, rug rats, Wifes car needs a Trans so fuck it buy new Mini Van/Cross over, A savings acct with more than 123.67 in birthday money in it, Someone left the hose attached and the Hydrant on last night and it all froze solid so have to dig that up, Freezer in the garage implodes and have to replace it and its content, HEAT, Landscaping supplies, a passing fancy with Boating, attempt land lording / house flipping, weddings in other states your obliged to go to, you will develop a fondness for actual FOOD (rammen and walmart Mac&Cheese are not such things), Applebees will not pass for a "Nice Dinner Out" anymore, Vacations to places you want too see, unplanned trips to visit sick or dead relatives that occur at the worst possible moment........ Not necessarily in that order, I can continue on and on and on and on ;)

Mark my words.....

If you dont like mine, a line from John Lennon's 1980 Beautiful Boy might be a little more concise and to the point.....

"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans."
                Lol yes having a child early on has driven me deep into the adult world. Next year marks the beginning of paying for my own health insurance. I could wait for another year, but marriage and all. I actually DO have a 401k. I don't understand how many people my age don't. Especially since my employer matches 4%. And along with my stupid decision to buy a house built in 1897, I can safely say I'm feeling the pain lol.
                88 325i Cabrio
                04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

I had a 403b but since leaving that job to go to graduate school I haven't rolled it over to a IRA which Im under the impression is the only way I can add to it. So no retirement savings for me.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                    I had a 403b but since leaving that job to go to graduate school I haven't rolled it over to a IRA which Im under the impression is the only way I can add to it. So no retirement savings for me.
                    dont stress about that, take a few minutes to research what funds you can put it into now rather than a Target 2050 fund or something stupid like that which is probably what it defaulted into. Most 401ks have low fees, and the fees eat into any gain there is, so its not always a bad idea to leave that in the 401k. Yes you cant continue to contribute to it, but you can start another one later... Easy option is to put that money into a fund that matches what the S&P 500 does...

I have an old 401k dubbed my Ferrari Fund and then I have my current 401k which I put as much as I can into...

I plan on having a well fund 401k to support my retirement, and the Ferrari Fund to really just be my "play with cars in retirement" money
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I assumed something exciting was going on here, since this thread was blowing up for a minute, but...

This is such a frequent topic in my life now.. I must be near the end of my transition into being a full blown adult.
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Fuck maval rebuilt steering racks.

I went through two in less than a year
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          Fuck maval rebuilt steering racks.

I went through two in less than a year
                          thanks for bringing it back down to r3v standards
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

steering racks seems like an easy thing to rebuild like brake calipers

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              idk if i'm maxing out my fuel pump or injectors.

80# siemens & walbro 255 17psi on a camed m30
                              80% DC @ 6,000 rpms 14.5 afr :o

What turbo? 17psi means squat. :P

If you have a large-ish turbo, you should be in the neighborhood of 5-600whp. 80lb should do the trick. Easy to test, though, throw a fuel gauge on the fuel line and see if pressure is dropping when you are creeping in the 14's. You FP should rise equally 1psi boost to 1psi fuel pressure, and hold steady at a steady boost level.

Just a hunch, but if you are still running ~8mm lines, you won't have enough volume. Run 12mm supply and 8mm return if you have stock junk.

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                              15 types of BMW owners:

1) Middle-aged business man who's worked an office job his whole life, never held a wrench, has no patience, is a prick. Typically drives an LCI e90, likely owns a top of the line power washer to clean his driveway with.
                              2) The broke-ass 20-something on corded tires, wrecks it, keeps driving it anyway because he can't afford to fix it, may or may not have a suspended license and a bag of weed hidden somewhere.
                              3) The responsible guy that's capable of working on his own car, always helping other people, taste for the classics but doesn't hate on new stuff, all around good dude.
                              4) The track-obsessed guy that is always modifying his car until eventually it can only be trailered on public streets.
                              5) The 65 year old original owner of an E34, which he's had serviced at the same dealer since new in 1990.
                              6) The hoarder with like 9 cars in his driveway/yard.
                              7) The 17 year old in his "classic" E46 who's considering starting a youtube channel to document his exhaust upgrade.
                              8) Female realtor on the phone in her X5. Edit: any type of female really.
                              9) Stanceworks euro hipster fashionistas.
                              10) The Chinese foreign exchange student in a new ///M.
                              11) 'Murican muscle redneck who inexplicably owns a BMW, of course has plans to LS swap it.
                              12) Crazy Scandinavian guy with a 12,000 hp boosted M50 that he built himself, stock bottom end.
                              13) Hoodrich E65 owners.
                              15) Former e30 owners who sold theirs in like 2003 but still always talk about how they regret it.

bonus: z3 owners

I fit none of that criteria, but the cliche's are spot on!
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                steering racks seems like an easy thing to rebuild like brake calipers
                                there are significantly more fiddly bits but otherwise its just replacing seals, I'm only speaking from having rebuilt calipers not a steering rack. I'd like to rebuild my rack while I have it laying around tho.
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X