No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here remember that guy that was selling fuel injectors here on the forums?
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      Anyone here remember that guy that was selling fuel injectors here on the forums?
      There was a few. I think MEPEH was down in OC, then he closed up shop... later a college kid started doing it, Red Baron I think his name was... now who knows
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        There was a few. I think MEPEH was down in OC, then he closed up shop... later a college kid started doing it, Red Baron I think his name was... now who knows

There was someone in Florida that bought all of Mepeh’s equipment, and the disappeared. But the Baron guy is still active, he’s doing online college classes and working so if you really want a set he sells actively on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Decided last sat to go on a major diet. Cut out sugar and am only taking in 1000-1500 calories a day. And am burning 3-4000 a day. Dropped 6 pounds this week. And Im feeling great. Goal is 30 pounds by my cali trip march 1st. I don’t wanna be the only fat guy in california lol. 30 pounds would have me at 170 which is right about were i need to be for a guy my height. Want to get down to 160 by end of summer 2019.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

you have curves in all the right places....no homo!
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Want to get down to 160 by end of summer 2019.
              Ya, me too.
              I'm kinda disappointed with myself lately. I've always been 150 but recently I noticed my 28 waist pants are fitting a little too snug. I've started a new job in the past 4 months, so the comfort foods have all made their way to me. At first I thought it was 'cause my GF might have changed up the laundry detergent/shrunk my pants in the dryer, but no dice. I've changed up my diet slightly (no more 1 beer per week) and go to the gym at 6am-7am, 4 days per week focusing on mostly weights with a bit of cardio. I also started implementing my "eat a small meal once every 3 hours". Honestly I think it's making the biggest difference (even more than the gym and my weekly bottle of beer).
              Want to get down to my birth weight by early summer 2019
              Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 12-23-2018, 08:33 PM.
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                Starting from 6th grade up until I graduated HS, I had a falling dream that started with me taking a step of a cliff and waking up to actually hitting the ground and just laying there unsure if I died in the dream or in real life. It was a state of limbo.

Im a lucid dreamer and I can usually figure out Im in a dream and change it up, but that reoccurring and progressive dream was uncontrollable. Laying there not knowing when Ill wake up from the dream was really scary, thought I actually died in my sleep a few times because of how long I was laying there 'motionless'. Whats even worse was I vividly remember it as changing from first person to 3rd person constantly. Kinda like the dream was reminding me, your dead in here bud, check it out!

I haven't had it in over 10 years but yea. Feel like if it happens again it probably means I died in my sleep in rl.
                Yeah, usually my falling dream consists of me falling face first from the second floor to the first floor in the foyer of my house. I immediately know I'm dreaming, but I can't do anything about it and I shake myself awake real bad. In normal dreams I know I'm dreaming, but usually I'm just along for the ride. It's like a bad movie in 4D. Those are the only dreams I have really. It's one of those things that I'm interested to learn more about, but I don't have the energy or time to do the research/find the factual information.

On the subject of weight loss, I can attest to the dieting/food intake management being more effective. I rowed D1 in college before I transferred to where I am now, and even at that level of physical activity managing the intake of food was more effective to lose weight.
                Don't forget that weight on it's own doesn't really have much significance. Height and general body type are also important factors to consider.
                Originally posted by Melon
                Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Speaking of me being a fatty...
                  Went to the city owned gym yesterday...apparently they weren't open till 8am...I got there at 7am. So I went home and walked around the park, it was actually pretty nice, mid 60s.

This morning, went and did the treadmill for like 30 mins and then did 10 reps of the upper body machines...I'm pretty much a beast right now...
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I'm right there with you fellas...headed to dad-bod status quickly, especially after the holiday eating and drinking.

My plan for this week is to buy a new pair of running shoes and find a 10k in the spring to make my target. The first and last time I ran a 10K as an adult (4yrs ago), I managed 6 miles in the 7:05 - 7:30 range. My goal is to run a sub-7 minute mile 10K in the spring....or I'll just forget about this and keep getting fat.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                    Sounds like you need a massage.
                    Originally posted by kpeng
                    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Wow sub 7min miles for a 10k is quick. We have one around st pattys that I think I manage a 7:20 for last year. Can't do much quicker than that.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                        Wow sub 7min miles for a 10k is quick. We have one around st pattys that I think I manage a 7:20 for last year. Can't do much quicker than that.
                        It's very ambitious considering I haven't run in years (with any regularity). My family is comprised of good running genes (my little sister is a collegiate all american in the indoor 10k as well as cross country), so I'm going for it. Realistically, I expect to be in the 7:20 - 7:45 range.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                        Sounds like you need a massage.
                        Originally posted by kpeng
                        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

my knee would explode if i tried to run .2 K right now.... it sometimes nearly puts me down to walk 2 steps lately
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Maribelsutton
                            Nonsense thread, nice concept. People can post here anything they want.
                            Fantastic observation.

Shup da de boop
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                              Shup da de boop
                              Beep boop beep beep.

Captain obvious above feels like a smart bot.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                                It's very ambitious considering I haven't run in years (with any regularity). My family is comprised of good running genes (my little sister is a collegiate all american in the indoor 10k as well as cross country), so I'm going for it. Realistically, I expect to be in the 7:20 - 7:45 range.

Just work on cadence. That’ll get you to your mark quicker. I’ve been focusing on that more recently, and it’s been helping with my longer runs and getting the pace down.

What I do is listen to a long drum n bass mix podcast. That gets me a constant 165-170 bpm, which you then just work on getting your foot strikes on one side to hit the beat. The elite runners are turning over about 180ish range. The speed will come, just get used to that cadence.. Remember the key to running is like racing: using smooth motions with as little effort as you can and relying on muscle memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X