Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Go with keto, with a couple long fasts 12ish hours a week and get rid of the sugars and you will have better results and not be lacking in vitamins and minerals
    actually just started this not even doing all the macroing just not eating sugar and ive dropped 10lbs+- water weight. so 327 down to 317!

its weird eating just meat and non starchy veggies, im actually tired of beef XD

also you can fast almost every day if you stop eating at like 6-8pm and not eat breakfast until 10 or so.

Comment

I think we will probably do this for about a month or so. afterward, we will probably eat chicken, fish, or turkey once or twice a week and red meat perhaps once a month. I can cook the shit out of some lamb shank. I don't want to give that up entirely.

I forgot to mention, I'm about 6' tall and 34" waist, so my ideal body weight is probably about 180 or so. I am pretty happy with my size the way I am. my wife does orange theory about 4 or 5 times a week. her bod is so tight I could bounce a quarter off it.(f u Gais on the pix) I do it twice due to being on the road all the time.

a guy I flew with a year ago was/is doing the keto thing. he said he lost 50 lbs at it.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
        actually just started this not even doing all the macroing just not eating sugar and ive dropped 10lbs+- water weight. so 327 down to 317! .... also you can fast almost every day if you stop eating at like 6-8pm and not eat breakfast until 10 or so.
        damn, you're a big boy! haha keep dropping those lbs

I used the new year to get more disciplined about my intermittent fasting. I eat nothing until 10am just a cup of black coffee, and Im done by 5pm, sometimes 6pm latest. I dont use a scale but my wife says I feel slimmer. I know its working because I stopped wearing those damn slim fit shirts last year and now I can wear them again without worrying about one of those buttons launching from my shirt and murdering someone.

Besides being more disciplined, Im now eliminating the cream from my morning cup of coffee. There was disputing reports about how much/little cream wont break the fast, but I said fuck it and just eliminated it. Im also now drinking a smaller cup too, going from 12oz down to 8oz. If I can cut the mid-day chocolate snacks Im sure it would make a bigger difference, but its progress not perfection.

Also, I work on the 12th floor and Ive taken the stairs down basically every single day at the end of the work day, but lately Ive also started taking the stairs down on my lunch break. I take the stairs down to get a fork from the cafe down there and I take the stairs back up. I hate doing it, but its become fairly routine and it helps me doing something that bumps my heartrate once a day. I take a slow pace and its not too bad. I do all 12 floors nonstop.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Go with keto, with a couple long fasts 12ish hours a week and get rid of the sugars and you will have better results and not be lacking in vitamins and minerals

That diet seems too extreme for me. Im pretty happy with my results they says you should lose 1-2 pounds a week. Im already ahead of that and I have a pretty strict diet. I take in 50-100 carbs a day and keep my self to 800-1000 calories a day. Which puts me at a pretty good calorie deficit each day right around I’ve calculated I burn right around 23-2500 calories a day from being awake and active my job has me putting on anywhere from 4-6 miles of fast passed walking a day.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

^lol Simon. but you feel so sech-zey in the dark...no homo!

one of my favorite work outs during college was to run stairs. I would go to the football stadium and run two or three laps going up and down each section. that shit will put you in shape in a hurry. I always looked at the down portion as a chance to take a break and get my heart rate back down for a minute or two.

I am trying so hard to cut out all of my gmo junk food. jalapeño Cheetos fuck the world!!! fuck you Frito/Lays for making those things so freaking good. for some time now, we have been just not buying that stuff.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Yea I'm 6'5" so I wear it pretty well

I just want to get back to about 250ish is when my abs start to be hinted at

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice weight drops, keep it up.

For me, radical diet changes are difficult to stay with, I prefer a slow approach since I like to eat. I lift regularly and eat plenty of protein and vegetables while avoiding sources of pointless calories like added sugars, excess carbs, etc. I hadn't lifted since 2008 and started again last summer. By cutting back on the carbs (pizza, pasta, etc) and lifting regularly I dropped 6lbs while gaining a noticeable amount of muscle, feels good. It was easier to start lifting since had a gymgoing buddy who I started working out with, we kept each other honest lifting 5-6 days per week over the summer and when the summer ended and he left to go back to college the habit was formed. I wasn't even trying to lose weight, just build muscle, but since I have more muscle now it naturally followed that I would want to cut fat. I've been slowly altering my diet, cutting back on things I loved like sweets and Pizza slowly has made it so much easier to leave them behind and make them a once-in-a-while treat. I'm almost to the point where I follow what many would call a strict diet and when the sweets in my house now are gone that will be it for regular consumption of sweets/desert altogether. I don't drink soft drinks unless I'm out to dinner for a special occasion and don't drink alcohol so I was already ahead of the curve when it comes to empty calories I guess. Started out at 193lbs (36" waist) and couldn't lift half what I did when I was younger, now I'm at 186lbs and on the way to being that strong and eventually surpassing it. Goal: beat old one rep maxes by the end of the year, lose all visible fat deposits by April.
                Last edited by varg; 01-21-2019, 12:06 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Kudos to all you dudes who are cutting the lbs and getting after the diets! Simon, I'm envious of all those stairs. I wrestled in HS and my life was running stairs, back when I could see my abs and could run for more than 15 minutes.

I'm fortunate to still have a pretty fast metabolism at 28, so I'm not really putting on weight, just becoming an amorphous blob of 5'11" white guy thanks to eating junk and not doing much aside from yard work and walking the dog. I'm going to finally start running this week along with push-ups, ab workouts, etc. Considering Orange Theory since there is one about 1 mile from my house, but we'll see.

The hardest thing is resisting temptation to eat all of the candy, cookies, muffins, cheez-its and all of the other office snacks. Then there are the Kansas City style pot-lucks....aka 15 different plates of dips, cheese covered this and that, meats, breads, etc.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                  Sounds like you need a massage.
                  Originally posted by kpeng
                  Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Yea I dong eat sweets anymore and never really was a soda drinker. So That was easy to cut out. I do like my. Cookies but haven’t had any in a while. I still eat normal just cut way back. I’ll still have pizza but very little and its usually the smart ones pizza or a totinos which are pretty low calorie compared to most. Walking at minimum 30 miles a week helps alot.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      Yea I eat sweet dong
                      fixed that for you.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

keto and intermediate fasting is really what people should be doing to lose fat fast.
                        it's not radical, or something you have to grind your way through.

you guys don't seem like fat slobs. just alittle over weight which basically everyone is, but
                        for a fat slob like i was, it will slide right out your butthole everyday and literally be pissing fat.

low carb/suger. simple as that. you don't even have to exercise that shit is a lie.
                        exercise is to get fit.

i've been seeing this guy maybe close to 50 fat muther fucker just walking up and down the street
                        about 5pm almost every day for over a year he's probably still eating doritos and pizzas everyday wondering why he isn't losing shit.

been doing it for close to a year i eat all meat burritos and coliflour pizzas, diet cokes. unhealthy stuff like that but my body still burns it off.
                        at least i'm staying at 190 vs 265 when i started out. bodys not flabby it tightens back up.
                        not trying to lose weight at the moment just eating what i'm eating on keto

anyway point of rant is go keto you will probably feel better
                        i keep my carbs at or below 20g a day but if ur active you can do 50-100 who knows but 20g works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                          fixed that for you.

Lmaooo didnt even catch that. I typed that with my gloves on. Made for good misspelling for sure.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I love me some nice sweet hot dong.
                            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                              fixed that for you.
                              beat me to it. I had something else in mind but it ruined now.....:)
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Long Duck Dong?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X