Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    I unplug the maf and car runs a lot better. Plug the maf back in and the car almost dies and runs like crap.
    Check for (a) vacuum leak(s).

If it's a 24v swapped car, the usual culprit for me is the hose coming out of the intake elbow boot. It dry rots and breaks, making the car run like shit and not idle, but unplugging the MAF smooths it out.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

^you read my mind. The hose on the underside of the 24v intake manifold can be a real mofo.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
      Sounds like you need a massage.
      Originally posted by kpeng
      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

What did you guys do to this guy? Lol

Well hopefully this bit of nonsense can this thread back on track?
        #maker3vnotwar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He didnt get enough hugs as a child
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
            What car related YouTube channels do you watch?
            The ones I sub to that actually put out regular (mostly) content:

Adam LZ, Tommyfyeah, Cleetus McFarland, Home Built by Jeff, Team Boosted, Street Bandito, Jay Leno's Garage, boqer123.

A couple non-car notable mentions that you guys might enjoy:
            Alec Steele, Torbjorn Ahman, Clickspring.

Comment

He was "trina" sell his merch here and got roasted (assumption...a safe one).

Also not enough hugs as a child.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
              Sounds like you need a massage.
              Originally posted by kpeng
              Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                Check for (a) vacuum leak(s).

If it's a 24v swapped car, the usual culprit for me is the hose coming out of the intake elbow boot. It dry rots and breaks, making the car run like shit and not idle, but unplugging the MAF smooths it out.
                I'll take a look into that. I believe I had done that and even cleaned the ICV. I'll check again when I get home.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

That’s Trina?

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

he's Trina be Trina.

he kinda looks like he's shanked a few dudes the last time he was in the pen.

fiberglass m3 panels on a regular e30 ftw!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
                    Forgive me if this is too on topic, but is that guy from the R3V Facebook who bought the "new" E30 M3 shell on here? Build quality is ridiculously high, but so is the money spent on tools/equipment. Do you guys think that build quality is highly dependent on the tools/equipment available?
                    no, to a reasonable level, I think you can get good results with not very expensive tools. it think it just takes longer and makes the job more difficult.

the guy that bought the shell is a member here. he doesn't post a lot anymore, but he is still active.
                    Last edited by flyboyx; 01-28-2019, 04:26 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

TexJ - My issue was similar to that. It would start and then stall or hesitate regardless of throttle position. If you have someone with a spare/good MAF it'd be worth a try. Definitely check for vacuum leaks but if it runs better with the MAF unplugged...

On another note. That dudes eyebrow tattoo is sick. He's so edgy and cool...
                      Originally posted by Melon
                      Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Quick question, I was looking at replacement MAFs and they run the scale on price. Which would be a good one to get. Right now I have a Bremi 30121k, when I look that part# up I cant find another like it.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

BMW 328is Mass Air Flow Sensors parts online. Buy OEM & Genuine parts with a Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping and Unlimited 365 Day Returns.

Usually I hate the person who says to only use OEM, but he/she is right about sensors on a BMW. I would get the VDO one since it's probably the supplier for BMW.

flyboyx: Yeah, good to know. Seeing a build like that makes me feel like everything that isn't expensive is garbage.
                          Last edited by CMBusch; 01-28-2019, 05:24 PM.
                          Originally posted by Melon
                          Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                            Quick question, I was looking at replacement MAFs and they run the scale on price. Which would be a good one to get. Right now I have a Bremi 30121k, when I look that part# up I cant find another like it.
                            with MAFs i would stick with genuine ones
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

none of you fuckwads have told a decent story in a while so here goes:

for the last couple years, my wife has held the position of marketing director for a group of 12 rehab/assisted living homes here in the Houston area. now and then I would pass through the halls of one of them or another to drop off lunch and steal a kiss or two. in all honesty, I simply can't help but dread the thought of walking in the door. the reason why is that I am more than occasionally greeted by some decrepit old man flashing me his wrinkly pair, or just as often a 90+ year old woman lifting up her hospital gown to show me a fuzzy worn out cooter. for whatever reason, the women in particular do NOT have their legs arranged in a feminine position! to be very clear, we aren't talking the accidental "oops, my gown slipped" kind of thing. literally, they sit around in their wheel chairs just waiting for an unsuspecting victim to walk by. I would say my chances of espying "senior citizen naughty bits" are probably pretty close to 30%. seriously folks! put on some damn underwear!!

the other day, I did my walk though and there was this skinny little old lady sitting in her wheeler right in the middle of the hall. she had her left ankle perched behind the back of her head! COME THE FUCK ON, MAN!!!!!!! how the hell is this even possible at that age? why couldn't I have met a chick like that when we were both in our 20's? as I dodged around her (with a forceful effort not to look down), she says to me: "wanna lick mah pússy?" I don't even want to talk about the smell! lets just say it wasn't the freshest fish in the sea.

now...if I was Quagmire, I suppose I would say: "dear diary!!! Giggi-tty!!!!!! proceeded by wheeling her into the nearest bathroom. since I am not, I guess my face probably went crimson red with embarrassment and I got the fuck out of there like a scared little girl running from a park flasher. Jesus Christ!!!!!

my wife says this sort of thing is apparently common in places such as this. a good deal is probably attributed to dementia. on one hand, I kind of respect the virility of it all. I'm sure it gets pretty boring for them. might as well pass the time with a little mischief. on the other hand, it really is something you can never unsee.......ghaaaaaaaaa!
                              Last edited by flyboyx; 01-28-2019, 07:02 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
                                What did you guys do to this guy? Lol

Well hopefully this bit of nonsense can this thread back on track?
                                #maker3vnotwar

Tried to see over priced shit on here. Would do wraps on e30’s too. Also got banned on r3v facebook cause he was an idiot so therefore he hates r3v.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X