Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ucpGlWnq8EE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    more quality posting...

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

why are we watching a guy let snakes bite him?
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
        Right! I don’t have enough time say how nice that is good work man!! That’s tuff!

Looking back, it was crap built in my home garage, and it showed. :/

Nothing like the stuff built in the shop today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181008_184655.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	7201138
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Anyways, this is supposed to be off topic, right? My daughter was being transported from one hospital to another late Wed night, got the story today from her today (hospital transfer back story not for sharing here).

Well, the car was a retired police car, and still had the divider in it - she is in the back. Rainy day as usual here in FL, the car hydroplanes on the turnpike, front hits a median barrier, spins in front of a semi truck and the truck rips half the trunk off the car. To boot, the rear seat belts are non existent and she gets tossed around like a rag doll. Driver was super cool and called us immediately, she was rushed to the ER well coherent, but banged up. When we asked if he (driver) was OK, he just responded "We will worry about that later, but she is OK" ER did an MRI and cleared her. He still won't tell us how he is.

She made it to the destination today, but haven't heard back from the driver. Meanwhile, because of the distance and situation, all we can do as parents is sit by and take this in.

Bad things happen in three's, right?
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            Looking back, it was crap built in my home garage, and it showed. :/

Nothing like the stuff built in the shop today...

[ATTACH]126743[/ATTACH]

Fucking epic! That’s a sexy ass build. You do seem more meticulous than most. I’m still learning but I find myself having to go over my work re do things. I hope to one day have a system together where I can be more effective mechanically. I’m learning slowly 6 months ago I never thought I would know what I know now. I either have to get the e30 running today or make room in the garage cause they keep ticketing me even tho it’s in my driveway.

Comment

She made it to the destination today, but haven't heard back from the driver. Meanwhile, because of the distance and situation, all we can do as parents is sit by and take this in.

Bad things happen in three's, right?
              That's a crazy story. From the sound of it, seems like a really bad accident so I'm glad your daughter made it through OK.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Fucking epic! That’s a sexy ass build. You do seem more meticulous than most. I’m still learning but I find myself having to go over my work re do things. I hope to one day have a system together where I can be more effective mechanically. I’m learning slowly 6 months ago I never thought I would know what I know now. I either have to get the e30 running today or make room in the garage cause they keep ticketing me even tho it’s in my driveway.

I am an old man, and came from a very different time. Based on your posts, I would suggest to put the "dabs" down more often, same with the keyboard, do more listening than talking. Not a saint by any means, but am fully self taught (and I toked quite a bit in my younger days, even some more taboo stuff). Be diligent, follow through, go a week without saying the word "I" or "me", concentrate on helping others and being a sponge for information. Books (used loosely, today is "read" accurate information), and hanging out with a crowd that is more knowledgeable than you and act as a pee-on. I fond a lot of the younger crowd "knows it all" and you can't tell them shite. One of the local kids I help as a pro-bono recently bought an e90 335is - OMG he had us here until midnight the other night to install some down pipes. Let him use a parking space, and tools to do the job - should have taken a few hours at most, instead had three of us bailing him out and it being a half day event (3 men 4 hours = 12 man hours) for freaking turbo down pipes!

If you can't tell I was livid, but we saw it through, he bought us all dinner and a 12 pack of beer. All is well that ends well. Hopefully he will listen to the old farts and fix his oil pan leak before making another mod attempt. We told him to fix the darn oil pan and clean his intake ports before attempting to make more power....SMH.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

I am an old man, and came from a very different time. Based on your posts, I would suggest to put the "dabs" down more often, same with the keyboard, do more listening than talking. Not a saint by any means, but am fully self taught (and I toked quite a bit in my younger days, even some more taboo stuff). Be diligent, follow through, go a week without saying the word "I" or "me", concentrate on helping others and being a sponge for information. Books (used loosely, today is "read" accurate information), and hanging out with a crowd that is more knowledgeable than you and act as a pee-on. I fond a lot of the younger crowd "knows it all" and you can't tell them shite. One of the local kids I help as a pro-bono recently bought an e90 335is - OMG he had us here until midnight the other night to install some down pipes. Let him use a parking space, and tools to do the job - should have taken a few hours at most, instead had three of us bailing him out and it being a half day event (3 men 4 hours = 12 man hours) for freaking turbo down pipes!

If you can't tell I was livid, but we saw it through, he bought us all dinner and a 12 pack of beer. All is well that ends well. Hopefully he will listen to the old farts and fix his oil pan leak before making another mod attempt. We told him to fix the darn oil pan and clean his intake ports before attempting to make more power....SMH.

Thanks you always appreciate any advice. I practically raised myself. Believe it or not I was on Probation at 8 years old. For not having guidance I would say I’m doing pretty ok. I got out of breaking laws around 16. Hope your daughter has a speedy recovery it must be so scary having one of your kids hurt. I couldn’t imagine I have a 5 year old boy. Thanks again tho I know we don’t really know each other but I really do appreciate your words. I’m trying to quit le dabbage I just have really bad anxiety it feels like when I’m sober I’m a lot more thorough but very grumpy I kind of turn into a dick. But yes my efficiency goes up about 35% lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                    That's a crazy story. From the sound of it, seems like a really bad accident so I'm glad your daughter made it through OK.

Thank you. It's not so easy being on the parent side of the fence.

Bimerboi, you are preaching to the choir. Look up the term "latch key kid". Broken home, single mom working 2 jobs as a real estate agent by day, waitress at night with a brother 3 years younger in the 80's. He fell into hard core drugs and OD'd at 23, woke my ass up to reality. We all as humans have to deal with reality, suck it up buttercup. :P
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

kids these days...

John glad to hear your daughter is ok.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Thanks you always appreciate any advice. I practically raised myself. Believe it or not I was on Probation at 8 years old. For not having guidance I would say I’m doing pretty ok. I got out of breaking laws around 16. Hope your daughter has a speedy recovery it must be so scary having one of your kids hurt. I couldn’t imagine I have a 5 year old boy. Thanks again tho I know we don’t really know each other but I really do appreciate your words. I’m trying to quit le dabbage I just have really bad anxiety it feels like when I’m sober I’m a lot more thorough but very grumpy I kind of turn into a dick. But yes my efficiency goes up about 35% lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I don't think having your recess privileges in kindergarten counts as prohibition dude.
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                          I don't think having your recess privileges in kindergarten revoked counts as prohibition dude.
                          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            kids these days...

John glad to hear your daughter is ok.
                            Thx Simon. Just when you see light....

I don't think having your recess privileges in kindergarten counts as prohibition dude.
                            All bets are off here at r3v! Lol.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Seriously I’ll type up the story when I get home. It was for criminal damage we used to break into this water bottle factory. From 8-16 I was stuck in the juvenile justice system cause I kept stacking charges and my mom never paid my fees.

Comment

Seriously I’ll type up the story when I get home. It was for criminal damage we used to break into this water bottle factory. From 8-16 I was stuck in the juvenile justice system cause I kept stacking charges and my mom never paid my fees.
                                Four "I's", one "we" and one "my". Imagine if those words were not in the vocabulary? Hehe. Just ribbing ya, making a side point....
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X