No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have some of that backwards, so feel free to correct me, that's just off the top of my head.

I am a fan of Ellis Juan, proof:
    I do things.

Comment

Some of the lumber burned in Notre Dame was over 700 years old.

Sad to lose such a time piece, but they will rebuild, and lumber that's alive today will most likely be around for another 700 years, so that's something I would be really proud to be a part of if I was a contractor in Paris.

They saved most of the artwork and stained glass, and I don't think anyone was injured.
      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        not to pry, but canada has this rule about not allowing certain people into their country that are carrying around a record in the last 10 years. most commonly, it is because of a DUI but could be anything that is a felony. we had a few pilots at the last job that had issues with this. apparently, there is a temporary(3 yrs) and a permenant solution. the 3 year thing is pretty easy to do i am told. the permenant one is more like a colonoscopy and costs a great deal.
        No worries, Im happy to share some of my stupid past...

I got a DUI back in 06, then went to Canada in 07 with my cousin. I had my expired passport, a CA drivers license and my birth certificate. Not what they want, but enough to prove who I am. My cousin had a valid US passport with him, but because he was born in Iran they pulled us inside at the border and questioned the fuq out of him. Eventually they let us in, didnt give me a hard time at all.

A year later, Im back at the border, but this time with a different group of friends. A chinese dude, a Filipino and a white guy. I have the same exact stuff as last year, but this time because Im the only middle eastern in the car, I get pulled inside for additional questioning. This time they didnt want to let me in. The little Asian Canadian border patrol chick started rattling off the colonscopy I would have to go through in order to enter Canada, and I replied with a statement along the lines of "Canadas nice, but its its worth that effort." She didnt appreciate my response and said, " Are you insulting my nation!" to which I kinda backpeddled and said "whoa whoa whoa, calm down." Told my friends to drop me off back in Blaine WA, but then couldnt find my passport. Went back to the little Canadian lady and she said she gave it back to me, went back to the border person, they didnt have it, went BACK to the lady and suddenly my passport appeared.... They dropped me off at a random dive bar in Blaine to which I got pretty hammered and they went off to Canada, but turns out I had more fun then them lol...

I havent been back to the border since. Id like to be able to, so Im prepping for the colonoscopy...
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

are you talking about a literal colonoscopy at the boarder???
          free?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            are you talking about a literal colonoscopy at the boarder???
            free?
            In order to answer that question I will need the following:
            -Every address you've lived at since you were 18, leave no time out otherwise I will not answer your question
            -Every job you've had since you were 18, leave no time out otherwise I will not answer your question
            -Explain why you believe I should answer your question
            -Send me $200CAD
            -I reserve the right to ask you more questions before answering yours
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Yeah that definitely sounds like a colonoscopy. Like you said, Canada is nice buuut I think I’d book different travel plans.
              sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
              1991 318is - Sold
              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                Iron block vs, all aluminium primarily, but later truck engines had aluminium heads. Some of the later 6.2L models used in trucks had all aluminium engines (De-tuned LS3's)

The 4.8L 5.3L and 5.7L all share the same bore, the stroke is different.
                The heads are interchangeable between the LS1, LS2, LS6 and the 4.8L and 5.3L
                The 243 heads on the LS6 (C5 Z06) are some of the best for those engines.(They flow great with sodium filled valves.)

The LS3, and variants, LSA, LS9, and the almighty LS7 have a larger bore with varying strokes. 6.2L 6.4L and 7.0L respectively.

The L94 engines had VVT, this is the 6.0L and 6.2L used in the G8, SS and some trucks.

The 5.3l that was in my 2006 Saab 9-7x was all aluminum, first year it was offered in the platform. From 2007, all the SUV’s and PU had aluminum 5.3’s. So LS motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Ive alaways believed the heads are what really is the difference between a truck and a car. The 5.3 iron/aluminum trunk motors have vortec iron heads, hence the name vortec 5.3. Some early 2000's suburbans and Silverados have aluminum LS1 block and iron truck heads.

The Camaro, Corvettes etc. Have aluminum heads and aluminum blocks. For the most part LS blocks are interchangeable and so are heads. So while a iron block truck engine 5.3/6.0/7.0 isn't a "car engine" it's still a LS family motor.

Secondly,
                  When you call out a swapper for not having a LS because he has a iron block. What does he call it? It's a LS family motor, same design just a iron block. The reason people react to getting "called out" for a fake LS, is because they are self conscious for not having the cool light block.

If I put my 5.3 iron block in a car I'm calling it a LS swap, simply because it's easier then "5.3 vortec iron block truck motor" It's not a LSA, LS3, etc.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                  Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                  E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                  "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Also, most LS rebuilders look to the 799 heads (cathedral ports) that were only installed on the 5.3l “truck” LS motor..

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      In order to answer that question I will need the following:
                      -Every address you've lived at since you were 18, leave no time out otherwise I will not answer your question
                      -Every job you've had since you were 18, leave no time out otherwise I will not answer your question
                      -Explain why you believe I should answer your question
                      -Send me $200CAD
                      -I reserve the right to ask you more questions before answering yours
                      if your issue was back in 06, i don't think you have to worry about it anymore. i am pretty sure it only goes back 10 years. i think after that, you have rehabilitated yourself.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        if your issue was back in 06, i don't think you have to worry about it anymore. i am pretty sure it only goes back 10 years. i think after that, you have rehabilitated yourself.
                        Im pretty sure nothing will come up, and Im probably overthinking it. I just dont want any surprises and my attempts to get an answer from Canada has been fruitless
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

i would suggest calling the consulate and ask.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            The 5.3l that was in my 2006 Saab 9-7x was all aluminum, first year it was offered in the platform. From 2007, all the SUV’s and PU had aluminum 5.3’s. So LS motor.

The Saablazer. Love those things.
                            I do things.

Comment

Just pick up this baby to drive while my M10 is hogging the corner with control arms that need to be installed already. Can’t get the original off on passenger side because exhaust is in the way.

1985 300D Turbodiesel
                              430k miles

She is just getting started.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

1995 air filter

The turbo spools so beautifully now!

Comment

Working...
                                X