Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    What are you wanting to use it for? Mint is a good light version. If you want to replace Windows, Ubuntu is a good place start.
    Mostly for performing basic tasks without getting bored. Primary objective is to squeeze a few more years of life out of my laptop and make the process fun while i am at it.
    Win 10 updates have f**ked shit up real good for older machines. And I don't feel like going back to Win 7 after being spoiled by fancy UI which is also messed up in Win 10.
    Why the hell they have two sets of design languages running in parallel.
    There is the good old explorer type GUI inherited from Win 7.
    Then there is the unnecessary bloated Win 10 Settings menu with all kinds of junk options in it.

There is duplicated functionalities everywhere that can be navigated via two different paths. Example below. WTF is microsoft doing.

Ľ PARTS FOR SALE
    Ľ TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

The best thing is to get one, pick whichever tickles your fancy, and start learning. You'll find what you like and don't like about that distro. Then try another and see how you like that one.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

LOL These are the best. Glad i'm not the only one who uses lmgtfy.
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I do things.

Comment

^haha
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

First day back at work today...been gone for paternity leave for 6 weeks...I feel like a newb again.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                First day back at work today...been gone for paternity leave for 6 weeks...I feel like a newb again.
                I can't imagine being gone that long and coming back. I feel like a lost newb after a 4 day weekend :)
                2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                  I can't imagine being gone that long and coming back. I feel like a lost newb after a 4 day weekend :)
                  haha right.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

In everyoneís opinion whatís the future for E30s? Iím worried they might go extinct due to the abuse they get from teenagers I always see driving them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                      In everyoneís opinion whatís the future for E30s? Iím worried they might go extinct due to the abuse they get from teenagers I always see driving them.
                      As long as teens are driving them they must be cheapish, as soon as it's all old dudes the game's up and it's time to bail.

Comment

how much do u think it cost to wire a garage with 120 and 220 with it's own breaker?

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          As long as teens are driving them they must be cheapish, as soon as it's all old dudes the game's up and it's time to bail.

This.

When I first got my license, the tri-five Chevyís commanded high dollar, and 60ís muscle cars could be found for cheap (I went through several 66-67 Chevy llís in my earlier driving years).

Fast forward to now, everything pre-60 is going for peanuts at auctions, and even some of the marquee muscle cars are starting to go for less. But 80ís cars are going crazy money, almost across the board.

When youíre in the money demo (25-54), values of things you remember from your child hood get obtainable, and the value starts to inflate. Once you lose your earning power (retirement age), then the values start to drop. Itís a cycle. Always has been.

Except for American cars from the mid 70ís. Nobody wants those Pieces of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                          2006 BMW X3
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Muscle cars are $$$.
                            Even a rolling chassis Mustang is out of price for most people. Boomers riding that market.

80's cars are on the rise because of people like me, in my 30's.

I think E30's are always going to be around, they made so many, but will no long see daily duty, they'll be nice weekend cars.
                            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                              In everyoneís opinion whatís the future for E30s? Iím worried they might go extinct due to the abuse they get from people having their wheels fall off, I always see driving them.
                              ftfy

Sorry Sonny I don't mean to always harp on you but you lined yourself up for that one, haha
                              Steve ē Toronto
                              1991 318is ē Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

:golfclap:
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X