Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford = Fucked Over Rebuild DODGE
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Nonsense Thread

I miss my old Focus ZX3. After the Vortex SC, it was fun on the AutoX. But again, there was nothing American about that car, it was completely designed in Europe, so it was extremely tossable. I just wish the US had gotten the MK1 Focus RS...

One of the first cars I rebuilt the motor on was a ‘79 Mustang Turbo. First year of the fox body, hatchback, black interior with dark grey. Those 2.3’s with the turbo and carb sucked something fierce (and not in a good way), but I do still miss it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

My mk1 VWs were fun. Lightweight and anything over 100bhp meant I could push it, have fun and not die
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          My mk1 VWs were fun. Lightweight and anything over 100bhp meant I could push it, have fun and not die
          The friend I bought my E30 from has a MK1 2.0L 16v swapped. It hasn't run in 7 years, but he has it nonetheless. Straight body, with zero rust.

I've been around VW's for a while.
          I had a MK6 GTi with tune + intake + downpipe. Around 275hp/tq that car was fun, but was nose heavy and needed a LSD bad.

I've often contemplated selling the C5 for a clean 996 911.
          I really want a C7 GS, but Melon's bank account says 'Fuck you buddy.'
          I do things.

Comment

I've never been brand specific.
            Every manufacturer does a few things well, and a lot of meh.
            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              Okay, honestly, why is he not banned yet? He lies all the time, constantly post whores nonsense, and contributes next to nothing to the forum. Why is he still here? You all must be far more patient than I am, because I really don't see the reason to keep him around. He's been given plenty of chances, and has made no improvement whatsoever. This thread is boring now since the conversation basically revolves around him and whatever dumb shit he's posting.
              I was so very close to banning him yesterday after seeing that dribbling spew of shit he posted. But also wanted to go to bed. Sleep won, plus I kind of wanted to see how others would react. I see he bothers people by PM and more people are putting him on the ignore list. Honestly the clock is ticking...

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                I was so very close to banning him yesterday after seeing that dribbling spew of shit he posted. But also wanted to go to bed. Sleep won, plus I kind of wanted to see how others would react. I see he bothers people by PM and more people are putting him on the ignore list. Honestly the clock is ticking...
                Ahh damn, so close.
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  Yeah, I dunno what they were thinking with the new Civic Type R, the styling looks like it belongs on a space ship. Looks awful.
                  No, a spaceship would only have functional vents, not ugly hunks of black plastic that are going to grey out with age and kinda look like vents if you're looking at them from a distance through some fogged up binoculars. It's not "flamboyant" it's gaudy and tryhard and in 20 years everyone is going to be saying it didn't age well and looks like dated cheap shit. Simple styling stands the test of time, Honda used to consistently get that right. Edgy overcomplicated styling winds up looking dated, like it was part of a fad. Today's automotive styling fad is fake grilles and vents. Look at the old NSX, to this day people universally think they look modern and good, then compare to the modern NSX with its busy front end covered in 4 different grille patterns (look closely!), half of their surface area fake, that just isn't going to hold up. Today people like me say "what were they thinking?" in 20 years people in general will be saying "what were they thinking?"

Simple is good and stands the test of time, we all know this because we love E30s.
                  Last edited by varg; 06-05-2019, 07:14 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      No, a spaceship would only have functional vents, not ugly hunks of black plastic that are going to grey out with age and kinda look like vents if you're looking at them from a distance through some fogged up binoculars. It's not "flamboyant" it's gaudy and tryhard and in 20 years everyone is going to be saying it didn't age well and looks like dated cheap shit. Simple styling stands the test of time, Honda used to consistently get that right. Edgy overcomplicated styling winds up looking dated, like it was part of a fad. Today's automotive styling fad is fake grilles and vents. Look at the old NSX, to this day people universally think they look modern and good, then compare to the modern NSX with its busy front end covered in 4 different grille patterns (look closely!), half of their surface area fake, that just isn't going to hold up. Today people like me say "what were they thinking?" in 20 years people in general will be saying "what were they thinking?"

Simple is good and stands the test of time, we all know this because we love E30s.
                      I do like the Type R, but I agree with the fake vents and scoops that seem to be all the rave. By far, the biggest offender are fake exhausts.

The rest of your comments;
                      I do things.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                        The friend I bought my E30 from has a MK1 2.0L 16v swapped. It hasn't run in 7 years, but he has it nonetheless. Straight body, with zero rust....

...I've often contemplated selling the C5 for a clean 996 911.

I really want a C7 GS, but Melon's bank account says 'Fuck you buddy.'

Mk1 16v was the car that got me into VWs and taught me about power to weight ratio. My brothers friend in High School had one and was consistently taking it to Brand new SS Camaro’s (original LS).

I’ve wanted a 911 my whole life, lusted after a RS America but that ship has long sailed. (Somewhere I still have the Road&Track I bought new where they tested it) Now it’s down to a ‘99 996 because it still has a manual throttle cable and typically can be found with LSD, or a 987 Cayman S. They are both still relatively “light” being under 3000# (LOL)

In my wise old age, I’ve learned how bad of a design the 911 is and how amazing and held back a Cayman is so it’s the right combo of underdog for me. Having found one locally with a 3.6 and some other mods is really ducking with me... tempting me to sell the Roadster to get it. That’s where the problem is though.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Yup, the reason classic cars are classic has a lot to do with their looks. They have simple, elegant, designs (generally) that stand the test of time, which allows them to be classics today. Of course, even some of the bolder design ideas from the 50s and 60s sometimes still look good today, the big rear fins as an example. Cars today just aren't beautiful (generally). They're churned out, and designed with short term thinking, and you get cheap shit like the new Type R as a result. Safety regulations have also had a negative impact on car design. I guess it's a requirement now that the beltline of a car be so high, and as a result, you end up with cars with goofy proportions, with tall sides, and a short roof. The newer Mustangs are a good example of this.

Comment

Sonny is no more, no need to ban I realize I’m not welcomed here. Farewell

Comment

omfg sonny

You've said that literally 100 times, yet here we are...
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Serious this time, enough bullshit for you guys sorry
                                Last edited by Sonny; 06-05-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X