Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Laughs in Cajun.
    Texas bros suffer with us Louisiana people.
    And where you're at is even worse with more humidity. You couldn't pay me to live in Houston...uhggg

    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    I get that we are humans, and we modify our surroundings to make our lives easier, but why wouldn't everyone with the means just move to a more moderate climate?



    As much as we might hate on the idea of modern California there is a reason people started moving there, climate.
    You see the issue with California is that there are too many people and the politics sucks balls.

    The weather and geography are awesome. You can be at the mountains in the morning and the beach in the afternoon.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

    Comment


      Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      You see the issue with California is that there are too many people and the politics sucks balls.

      The weather and geography are awesome. You can be at the mountains in the morning and the beach in the afternoon.
      This is why miss California.

      The people and politics, not so much. Oh and the ridiculous cost of living.

      Oh and cheap wine. Especially when I worked for a large winery.
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

      Comment


        How is phoenix?

        yah i know it's like 100 every single day, but other than that.
        my cars would definitely break down in that heat though.:/


        lately socal has been nice and cool recently. unusually perhaps?
        i think if it's super cool here when it usually isn't there's some place that is unusually hot nearby.
        like a give and take. like if there's a heat wave across the country australia is probably flooded or something.
        Last edited by LowR3V'in; 07-08-2019, 09:18 PM.

        Comment


          Down here it's not the raw heat that gets you, it's the humidity. I would take 100f and 0% over 90 and 80%.

          Walking outsde some days feels like walking into an oven. Now that I have ac in the shop, it's "only" 82 inside vs 90 outside - but it's not the same as working with the doors open and it being 82 and 80%. As soon as you start working in 80/80 your clothes are soaked with sweat - almost hard the breathe at times.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

          Comment


            How many of you have solved a Rubick's 3x3 cube? Thought I got a hang of it, but I keep getting 2 corners flipped and get lost in the algorithm. After solving it twice, and it just gets mixed up. Trying the same thing again after having a volunteer mix it up for me, there's always 2 corners that are twisted up. About to take the stupid thing apart and start over fresh.....these kids doing it in a few seconds blows my mind.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

            Comment


              Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Down here it's not the raw heat that gets you, it's the humidity. I would take 100f and 0% over 90 and 80%.

              Walking outsde some days feels like walking into an oven. Now that I have ac in the shop, it's "only" 82 inside vs 90 outside - but it's not the same as working with the doors open and it being 82 and 80%. As soon as you start working in 80/80 your clothes are soaked with sweat - almost hard the breathe at times.
              yeah...to each his own i guess. for me, when i spend time in the desert, i get really chapped lips and nose bleeds from the inside of my nose getting chapped. it doesn't matter how much water i drink. fuck that shit. yes, hot humidity is stifling, sticky, and annoying, but i will take it over dry heat. screw it! i will take off my shirt, put on a pair of flip flops and go out and work in the yard. yes, i wll be a sweaty, sticky, and smelly mess. i can always take a shower after though.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

              88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

              Comment


                Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                How many of you have solved a Rubick's 3x3 cube? Thought I got a hang of it, but I keep getting 2 corners flipped and get lost in the algorithm. After solving it twice, and it just gets mixed up. Trying the same thing again after having a volunteer mix it up for me, there's always 2 corners that are twisted up. About to take the stupid thing apart and start over fresh.....these kids doing it in a few seconds blows my mind.

                Did it but cheated. Used the online algorithm here. https://rubiks-cube-solver.com/how-to-solve/


                Ezekiel 25:17
                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

                Comment


                  Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  yeah...to each his own i guess. for me, when i spend time in the desert, i get really chapped lips and nose bleeds from the inside of my nose getting chapped. it doesn't matter how much water i drink. fuck that shit. yes, hot humidity is stifling, sticky, and annoying, but i will take it over dry heat. screw it! i will take off my shirt, put on a pair of flip flops and go out and work in the yard. yes, i wll be a sweaty, sticky, and smelly mess. i can always take a shower after though.
                  I'll never forget 120F in the Arizona desert.
                  That's some next level suffering, despite gallons of water.
                  It'll PULL the moisture out of you before you can even sweat it out!
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

                  Comment


                    Ever heard of a swamp cooler, valuable tool.
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

                    Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

                    Comment


                      imma cry here....i lost 4hrs of footage of a good recording that i cant get back....i am bummed

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                        Ever heard of a swamp cooler, valuable tool.


                        No kidding! The short time I was going to school in Phoenix I was working at the 24hours Checker Auto in Peoria. We had swamp coolers in the warehouse and man, those things were a godsend..




                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                        2006 BMW X3
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                        Comment


                          I've hear of 'em, but we generally don't have such a thing up here in Canada.
                          Mostly it's central a/c or the portable type.
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

                          Comment


                            Swamp coolers dont do anything but make humidity worse when the relative humidity is much over 15% if even that high. They work great in arid environments but not in the north or the pac northwest or sw bc
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


                            The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

                            Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

                            Comment


                              So, Baton Rouge could possibly flood again.

                              I swear to fucking god, if my house floods again I'm leaving this state.
                              I do things.

                              Comment


                                oh yeah I saw something on my phone pop up saying that new orleans is under flood watch.

                                What's going on? Yall getting a ton of rain?


                                Levy brake or something?
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X