Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Anybody else find the Runge Cars fascinating?
    he is a young guy just getting started in the industry. i think he is off to a good start. i love the polished aluminum bodies. his designs are pretty cool but i think the proportions are not yet quite where they need to be. he is getting there though.

about 8 or 10 years ago, i remember seeing pictures of a one off car in polished aluminum at the pebble beach car show. that thing was absolutely amazing. i did a search but could not find it.

i do think that more and more bespoke builders are going to be making creations in polished aluminum though. i see this as the future of this genera.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      his designs are pretty cool but i think the proportions are not yet quite where they need to be. he is getting there though.
      That's about my take as well. I used to follow him on Instagram. His first few were pretty ugly honestly. They got much better, more curves vs just slab sides, better proportions, but still looked a bit off. He's clearly got the ability to make a good car, but his designs need work.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        The endless bombardment of BMW CCA raffle ads finally got me. I bought one. You're welcome BMW CCA for my donation lol
        I usually end up buying one per "special drawing" period.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          I usually end up buying one per "special drawing" period.
          Not that I will win, but if I do Im not sure Id actually want to keep it lol
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Had a coworker climb under a coach car that was in front of the locomotive I was moving into the shop the other day... Huge safety violation, and due to PTC, it was on camera.

I'm conflicted, because he is not a bad guy. Has a Wife and new kid. But, what he did was extremely reckless and showed a lack of respect for the job.

Hopefully he gets to come back, and take things a bit more serious....
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Yah, you don’t mess around in the yard.

As a kid I was one of those train nerds who’d be down there with my camera taking pictures of everything. This is back when SP still had an active fleet of SD7/9’s and stuff on yard duty. I learned a lot of the safety protocols from the guys around the yard to keep myself out of trouble.

I still cringe when I’m near tracks and I see people stepping on the rail head..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

why aren't you supposed to step on the track trains do it.

Comment

Side note, I put in an application for a railroad position in Florida yesterday. I don't have any real plans to leave my current job, but started looking around and if I can snag this spot, it would be a significant bump in pay, a move to a management position, and a big move south for me and my family.

Curious to see how it plays out! Haven't applied to a job in 6 years now.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    Side note, I put in an application for a railroad position in Florida yesterday. I don't have any real plans to leave my current job, but started looking around and if I can snag this spot, it would be a significant bump in pay, a move to a management position, and a big move south for me and my family.

Curious to see how it plays out! Haven't applied to a job in 6 years now.

Sounds cool, good luck! This is how good things start, I think...just staying open to new opportunities.

Ezekiel 25:17
                    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                    The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

What part of Florida? I lived there for like 5 months when I was 10. My dad wanted to move there and see if he could get his business going. Every weekend we were able to go somewhere and do something really fun.

We moved back because he couldn't really get his business off the ground. But We were about 5 blocks from the beach and I probably would have done something in oceanography. We lived in New Smyrna, which I learned is the shark bite capitol of the world lol
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

The building I live in is gated on both ends. A previous seller has left a lock box that isnt the key type but the 8 digit rotary type. I have been trying to have it removed as people are using the lock box to prop open the door. Anyone have tips? I have a cutting wheel that I want to take to it, but not sure if its hardcore enough to cut all the way through it. I wish there was an easy way to get the code and have it unlocked and removed, but I think if it was easy it wouldve already have been done

Ideas?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          The building I live in is gated on both ends. A previous seller has left a lock box that isnt the key type but the 8 digit rotary type. I have been trying to have it removed as people are using the lock box to prop open the door. Anyone have tips? I have a cutting wheel that I want to take to it, but not sure if its hardcore enough to cut all the way through it. I wish there was an easy way to get the code and have it unlocked and removed, but I think if it was easy it wouldve already have been done

Ideas?
                          Without knowing exactly how there using it prop the door maybe you can chain it or bolt it in a place that people cant move it between the door.
                          That's second to totally removing it.

Or google the brand name and find any info pertaining to preset codes or a way to unlock it.

There's also salt water, oxy torch, and canned air + sledge hammer.
                          91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                          Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                          E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                          "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                            Without knowing exactly how there using it prop the door maybe you can chain it or bolt it in a place that people cant move it between the door.

That's second to totally removing it.

Or google the brand name and find any info pertaining to preset codes or a way to unlock it.

There's also salt water, oxy torch, and canned air + sledge hammer.

I will take a picture soon when I get home. Its not something I can hammer, because the "pipe" its latched to wold likely break first.

I emailed the HOA company and basically questioned WTF they are beign paid for because I have had many requests on things that have gone unanswered.

For ex. I took this pic in November, about 2 months after we moved in. I made several requests to update the list. Apparently there’s a lot of names that are wrong. Kinda kills the boner when your name isn’t on the list....

Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Here’s the pics of the lock and the BS that I worry about

Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

you Pussy! that is the easiest lock in the book to pick. with a thin piece of metal, you can have that one open in like 40 seconds.

sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X