Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From one person in Hurricane Alley to another;
    Be safe, let me know if there's any way I can help.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
      still can't get to this *specific* thread on tapatalk and can't be fucked to deal with the new site. get off my lawn. goddamn i totally forgot about that denis leary song. the 90s were awesome.
      Tapatalk success!! As you were. Good luck to everyone dealing with bullshit hurricane crap.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        Ugh, our turn to prep for a storm...
        best of luck. I've also been through this several times. how high are you above sea level? most of the time, if you are inland, it is the flooding that will do the most damage.

maybe thin out the trees around your home if you are worried about them falling on your structure.

i was watching the news this morning and it showed the latest track has the eye staying over the Atlantic. If it continues that way, you guys should get the clean side of the storm. I think the Bahamas will get screwed pretty good.
        Last edited by flyboyx; 08-31-2019, 03:06 AM.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Looks to be skirting the coast now, and making landfall in Georgia as a cat 1 or 2.
          I do things.

Comment

Can we just go back to pretending he doesn't exist?

Comment

Good luck to all you florida and south east coast inhabitants

Click image for larger version

Name:	flordia.jpeg
Views:	642
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	9866297
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks, we need it. I've seen too many last minute turns to do anything other than prepare for a direct hit.

And I really hope that doesn't happen because I really like the truck I just bought and its stylish '90s style graphics and I'd hate for it to get smashed up by flying stop signs, roof tiles and alligators.

Last edited by varg; 09-08-2019, 06:08 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 1-26

Comment

Man, this storm is all over the place, good thing no landfall is forecasted, she's a mean lady!
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                    Man, this storm is all over the place, good thing no landfall is forecasted, she's a mean lady!
                    One eye, no depth perception, what do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      Thanks, we need it. I've seen too many last minute turns to do anything other than prepare for a direct hit.

And I really hope that doesn't happen because I really like the truck I just bought and it's stylish '90s style graphics and I'd hate for it to get smashed up by flying stop signs, roof tiles and alligators.

Nice to have a truck, specially being a homeowner. Is the 4 or 6cyl?
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

For sure, and on top of being useful for hauling it takes the pressure off of any work on the E30 (like pulling the head to finally extract that damned broken hardened stud) since I have a second, more practical vehicle to drive if I need to. It has the 4.3 V6 and 4L60E transmission though unfortunately it has a 7.5" open diff, that's nothing that a lucky junkyard find couldn't fix. It's not a perfect truck, but it was cheap, the AC has a new compressor and drier and the drivetrain is durable and easy to work on.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

So I got pulled over the other day, officer would have given me a ticket for 81 in a 65 which is 4pts, instead gave me careless driving, which is 2pts. My record is clean and I don't have experience dealing with tickets. Any advice on how to proceed? He said there was a way to pay to have the points removed but I'm not really seeing that at the site listed on the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            So I got pulled over the other day, officer would have given me a ticket for 81 in a 65 which is 4pts, instead gave me careless driving, which is 2pts. My record is clean and I don't have experience dealing with tickets. Any advice on how to proceed? He said there was a way to pay to have the points removed but I'm not really seeing that at the site listed on the ticket.
                            Do you have the option to take a online test to lower the points? Its a state by state thing I think.
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Yeah, and I can also just wait a year (I think) and they'll disappear. Basically, I just wanna know if I should fight it and get it reduced to a no-points ticket, and probably a big ($300+) fine, or just take the points and pay the $86 online and be done with it. I'm not sure if there's a downside to taking the points and letting them go away vs not having them to start with.

Comment

Working...
                              X