Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Well I just fucked up a Machine Design II midterm that I should've wrecked into the high 90's, so I'm having a beer, and then packing to fly to Orlando for the weekend.
    You should have two beers for a II class. It's only logical.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

Are you a ME major?
      Yeah I'm in my 4th year of my bachelor's in ME (of 5 years because I'm doing 4 co-op work terms mixed in with classes). I went back to school in 2016 to get a degree after getting sick of being an airframe tech. Haven't had the smoothest time but this is the first class in a while that I actually have a good grasp on.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

You should have two beers for a II class. It's only logical.
        It was a 8.5% abv tall boy if that counts lol.
        Last edited by Northern; 11-07-2019, 05:49 PM. Reason: fucked up, wasn't 7%,
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

It was a 7% abv tall boy if that counts lol.
          it only counts if you "hid" the can in a paper bag and drank it sitting on your porch with a gaggle of homeless guys.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yeah I'm in my 4th year of my bachelor's in ME (of 5 years because I'm doing 4 co-op work terms mixed in with classes). I went back to school in 2016 to get a degree after getting sick of being an airframe tech. Haven't had the smoothest time but this is the first class in a while that I actually have a good grasp on.
            Trust me, as someone who graduated with a degree later in life, its better now than never. Sounds like you're getting close to the finish line. I'll tell you the same thing others told me, and Ive shared too... Just put your head down in the books, keep plugging away and before you know it, you'll be on the final semester and have that finish line in sight.

Also, not sure how I missed ForcedFirebird getting PAID to teach rich dudes how to drive in a 488... WOW.... definitely jealous. I got to drive a GT3 years ago (~2015) at one of those Exotic things, it was definitely something fantastic and didnt help the urge to want a Porsche

Ironically, in my boredom yesterday I went and test drove a '02 911 with the 3.6 and 3 pedals. Doing this definitely makes me excited to get back to finishing my 2.8 M20 build. If always loved 911s but that anchor all the way in the ass is definitely noticeable and not something Im comfortable with. Having driven the 911, it quiets the chatter in my head that I need a 911... hopefully that can expand to all Porsches because theres still a 3.6 Cayman on my list and also a 2270cc 914, but the 914 wouldnt mean clearing house, just the Datsun. I have a problem haha
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

does it feel like it's going to spin out on you will all that shit in the back?

Comment

Wat? by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Backup shitter in case of backups.

Comment

Nice, I recently left my ME/prop degree unfinished and really need to get back on it. It'll probably take me another 3 or 4 years. Any idea of what field your going into when your done?
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

I don't think it goes smoothly for anyone, even the best students and smartest guys I know in my classes have hit bumps in the path and have either come very close to having to retake a class or have done it. I'm also a ME major, if all goes as planned I'll be wrapping up to graduate this time next year. Lots of work to do, some rough classes, I'm just plugging away hoping I can find a job quickly upon graduation. Unlike the gen-z students in my classes who have no reason to stick around, I am a married guy in a house I like and am not willing to relocate for a starter job much less go across the country somewhere and I hope that does not make things difficult.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                        does it feel like it's going to spin out on you will all that shit in the back?
                        Exactly that, the pendulum effect is very real. The 3.6 pulled great, its been a while since Ive felt that. Great torque.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Exactly that, the pendulum effect is very real. The 3.6 pulled great, its been a while since Ive felt that. Great torque.
                          Ya want torque? I got torque for ya.

I jest, Cayman is really nice.
                          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Ya want torque? I got torque for ya.

I jest, Cayman is really nice.
                            haha the Cayman is truly IMO the best car and bang for the buck, but being a 2 seater makes it a small challenge.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

haha the Cayman is truly IMO the best car and bang for the buck, but being a 2 seater makes it a small challenge.
                              I'd say the Corvette and The Boxster/Cayman are tons of car for the price point.

A 2006+ 987 is really in a sweet spot right now.
                              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

I'd say the Corvette and The Boxster/Cayman are tons of car for the price point.

A 2006+ 987 is really in a sweet spot right now.
                                Speaking of hella car for the money: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...z-sl65-amg-21/

600 factory HP twin turbo V12 went for $23k
                                Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 11-06-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X