No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove an 02 911 recently that has the 3.6, with 3 pedals and it was quick. Probably not as fast as the E39 M5 in a straight line but probably can leave it on the track... with the right driver... I didnt like the way the car felt with all that weight back there. Im curious how the Cayman will feel with the same motor in the correct sports car location
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      I've never driven a porsche, but from what others say about them they must be good driver's cars. I know the early 2000's porsches were slow, my e39 m5 could beat them. Granted the turbos were way faster but still.
      go buy a POS boxster from the late 90s

it will change your life

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

go buy a POS boxster from the late 90s

it will change your life

Ive driven several Caymans, mostly 'S' models... I cant imagine what a ~200bhp Boxster from 98 would feel like but it certainly wouldnt be as good as a 24v E30
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          I've never driven a porsche, but from what others say about them they must be good driver's cars. I know the early 2000's porsches were slow, my e39 m5 could beat them. Granted the turbos were way faster but still.
          The 3.4 was 295 relatively high strung horsepower in a 3000# car... the S62 is 400 Hp in a 4000# car, but the S62 has God's own powerband and more low RPM torque than a 6 liter LS2.
          Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 11-14-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Ive driven several Caymans, mostly 'S' models... I cant imagine what a ~200bhp Boxster from 98 would feel like but it certainly wouldnt be as good as a 24v E30
            The Audi 4.2 supposedly bolts right up to the Cayman transaxle... My eye would be on the easier to swap late '90's/early '00's engine out of the S6/S8 (Even seen Ronin?) with 360 HP, but Audi also makes an 8000 RPM 420 HP version from the B6(?) RS6

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

The Audi 4.2 supposedly bolts right up to the Cayman transaxle... My eye would be on the easier to swap late '90's/early '00's engine out of the S6/S8 (Even seen Ronin?) with 360 HP, but Audi also makes an 8000 RPM 420 HP version from the B6(?) RS6
              I had never heard of this and had never considered it.... but now Im ruined. Someone give me a shovel, I have a new rabbit hole to go down.

edit: seriously if this motor BOLTs up to the Cayman transmission Im in trouble.
              Last edited by 2mAn; 11-13-2019, 10:51 AM.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Boxters are just a smidge above miata in my book. The newer Boxters are better looking but still...

Caymans do look good.

Yeah I was talking about straight line performance with the regular 911. I did a airstrip event and got to race a 911 down the strip. Also went against an e55 AMG...barely got beat by him.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I'm not gonna lie, Simon, but it feels pretty good..

YES it looks like shit and you feel and look extremely gay driving one BUT it's a pure drivers car. No bullshit in the cockpit, engine in the right place, makes all the right sounds, two seats and modest power, so you can wring it out without the fear of loosing your licence.

Hard to beat for the money IMO (>3000)
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I'm not gonna lie, Simon, but it feels pretty good..

YES it looks like shit and you feel and look extremely gay driving one BUT it's a pure drivers car. No bullshit in the cockpit, engine in the right place, makes all the right sounds, two seats and modest power, so you can wring it out without the fear of loosing your licence.

Hard to beat for the money IMO (>3000)
                    You would ruin peoples days seeing that long hair blowing in the wind... driving fast in a Boxster and as they pull up next to you they would be expecting this...​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	101366659-164386188.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	9885159
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

all the dudes cruising PCH rolling up behind me will be greatly disappointed when they pull up to the stop light

Comment

Get a hardtop for the Boxster and your golden, 5000$ lotus elise killer if you gutted it. My co worker had a Caymen S that he tracked for about 6 years and sold back to a dealership for a bit less than what he payed for it, he put a bunch of cool GT3 parts in it and it was clean. He said there still got a bit of value to loose before they will eventually go up.

My elderly and gearhead neighbor wants to sell me his Mercedes Benz Gullwing replica car that i'm pretty sure he built before I was born. Might be cool, defiantly needs restoration he repainted it in the front yard 10 or so years ago.

Edit:
                        30 seconds on craigslist and i already found one.
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

there are deals like that all day for boxsters.

caymans tho..

This is one of the better deals you can get on one

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...018385784.html

Salvaged tho.. maybe it was something stupid

Comment

If you have balls you could even find a Boxster or Cayman roller... but you have to be stupid like me. I know of a complete 987.1 -S with a dead motor, taken apart. Asking $10k, clean title. Throw a 4.2 Audi V8 and you have a baby R8 for a fraction of the price... so tempting... you could also just buy another Porsche motor, but they arent cheap unless you want a basic 2.7 or something ...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

there is a roller 06 987s in Seattle that needs a ton of work, but he wants like 3k for the set up so there your that much further ahead......

No affiliation just something I ran across a couple days ago and this line of discussion reminded me of it

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/p...008747908.html
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                                Get a hardtop for the Boxster and your golden, 5000$ lotus elise killer if you gutted it. My co worker had a Caymen S that he tracked for about 6 years and sold back to a dealership for a bit less than what he payed for it, he put a bunch of cool GT3 parts in it and it was clean. He said there still got a bit of value to loose before they will eventually go up.

My elderly and gearhead neighbor wants to sell me his Mercedes Benz Gullwing replica car that i'm pretty sure he built before I was born. Might be cool, defiantly needs restoration he repainted it in the front yard 10 or so years ago.

Edit:
                                30 seconds on craigslist and i already found one.
                                https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...018317183.html
                                too bad its pole smoker yellow. the hardtop is a huge bonus though

i never realized these things were this cheap.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X