No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and the racing team partner decided to pick up another e30. We are going to build a fresh and clean new car for 2020, the current car has been in so many races, bumped so many times, the body is pretty tore up - and - we seem to over-sell every race, might as well add another to the fleet....
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      cant figure out the youtube embedding here...

but this is a pretty cool e30 build. Very different, I don't know if I like it or not

https://youtu.be/bI9kDNyV8W0
      That's this car: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...279335&page=19

Comment

That's Ross's car. Was wondering when someone here was going to link that vid...
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          The new Canyons are big, my neighbor has one and it looks like a C/K full size next to my S10. I am enjoying having a truck, 2003 S10 with extended cab and 4.3 V6, and it's my daily now. It's slow but I wouldn't call it 'underpowered' more like 'desperately needs a LSD'. It will one wheel peel on demand and is super easy just spin a tire uselessly away from a light or even provoke a slide on a wet road because of that. I scrounged an upgraded swaybar for it from the junkyard not too long ago and it made a fairly impressive difference, next up it needs that LSD and next year I might just rebuild a 5.3, put a cam in it and wind up with a reliable 400hp S10 to daily. Dailying the truck has also made the E30 the 'fun' car so I've been adding ignition advance and playing with the boost some without fear that I'll blow a head gasket and have to rush to replace it, it's pretty quick.
          I had a 2000 S-10 2.2L
          5-MT
          It was so damn slow, every on-ramp was foot to the floor and hope I could make 60. The 4.3 has decent torque and is bulletproof reliable, truly one of the best engines GM made.

Also, to your first point, a lot of people have called my truck small. Bruh, I parked next to an 80's suburban one day, and it's about the same size as that battle wagon. It tows what I need, fits four adults, it's already big enough as it is.

New full size trucks are just ridiculous. I've had less room in a limo, than you get in the back of a Tundra.
          I do things.

Comment

Yeah the 2.2L S10 is a dog, there's a reason I went straight for the V6. Manuals exceedingly rare but I don't really mind a slushbox in a truck. And boy are those new Chevy full size trucks UGLY. At least the 2020 Canyon looks like a GMT900 with the aspect ratio stretched vertically. I was surprised at the size of the current gen Canyon/Colorado since the old Canyon/Colorado is no bigger than the S10, but people buy "small" trucks for commuting now not light work so it's not really that much of a surprise that they're bigger, more expensive and more comfortable now.

Budget allowing, my ideal truck is a rust free 1st gen extended cab 2WD Cummins Ram. I'd pull the interior and soundproof the heck out of it because from experience the interiors are just a metal box with a thin layer of plastic lining them, but talk about 'bulletproof' and quite possibly the best engine to ever wind up in a truck.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Varg, do you just not like four cylinders? You can be honest with the group, it's a safe space, and we never, ever flame anyone, ever, promise.

Comment

I should pop in a junkyard 302 in my ranger

Put those 195 tires to work
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  My commute in LA is a joke so I can have something silly.... and I think why not?!

Oh, Add a C63 to the list... I LOVE that "6.3" AMG motor and want it in something
                  GM: 5.7 V8, 345 HP
                  Chrysler: 5.7 V8, 350 HP

GM: 6.0 V8, 405 HP
                  Chrysler: 6.1 V8, 425 HP

GM: 6.2 V8, 430 HP
                  Chrysler: ...

Mercedes: "Behalte mein Bier..."

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    I should pop in a junkyard 302 in my ranger

Put those 195 tires to work

Do it. Of course, it isn't exactly as trivial as "popping it in", there are motor mounts, oil pans and exhaust manifolds you have to consider, so if you're going to buy the swap parts you may as well improve that 210hp Explorer motor a bit.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Varg, do you just not like four cylinders? You can be honest with the group, it's a safe space, and we never, ever flame anyone, ever, promise.
                    M42 guys just can't let it go I guess^

I don't like crappy 4 cylinders. Good ones like the Honda K and F series, Mitsubishi 4G63T, Toyota 3A-GE/GTE, Volvo redblock (especially turbocharged) are fine with me.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

I don't like crappy 4 cylinders. Good ones like the Honda K and F series, Mitsubishi 4G63T, Toyota 3A-GE/GTE, Volvo redblock (especially turbocharged) are fine with me.

Forgot about the worlds greatest 4 cylinder the SR20DET

But if you want a slow truck my 2002 4 cylinder 2wd tacoma is on the struggle bus to try and get up to 70. I've joked about putting a supercharger on it for years now, not sure how my 300,000 mile engine would like it...
                      -Dee
                      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        Any Auzzies on the board?

Recently watched a youtube vid where a guy referred to himself as a "sick cahunt" (minus the "ah"). He then went on to explain that in Australia/New Zealand, that's what they refer to as a "cool guy/girl"

Reminds me of last summer when my gf and I invited a couple over for dinner who have since moved out of the area. Anyway as the night progressed, the guy kept referring to his fiancée as "such a cahunt" repeatedly. She clearly didn't approve of this behaviour despite his claim that it's a term of endearment. My gf and I both were perplexed as we couldn't understand why someone would call their future spouse a "cahunt", regardless of the social setting (especially as guests at our place).

Is this a thing?
                        Or am I just getting old and out of touch with kids these days?!
                        Since no one else answered this, here ya go. While I'm not Australian, I have met many aussies and kiwis through rowing. Yes, calling someone a "sick cahunt" or "mad cahunt" is high praise in those lands. Not sure why but it is. That word really doesn't have the same association outside North America. Let's not forget about shoeys.

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post

Forgot about the worlds greatest 4 cylinder the SR20DET

But if you want a slow truck my 2002 4 cylinder 2wd tacoma is on the struggle bus to try and get up to 70. I've joked about putting a supercharger on it for years now, not sure how my 300,000 mile engine would like it...

Uh, the best 4 cylinder ever made was the M10 and you know it. Lol @ SR20. All jokes aside don't forget about the 22r, 4age, B or H series, etc.
                        Originally posted by Melon
                        Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

Mercedes: "Behalte mein Bier..."
                          Exactly... right at the end of the NA high-po generation. The "basic" one isnt bad, but find one with the Performance pack and you are talking about a 100bhp/liter V8 that will rev....
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I dunno, the SR20DET is inferior to the 3S-GE/GTE in my eyes. It's lighter, but the 3S has a better head and the 3S-GE can actually make NA power unlike the SR20DE. The famous BEAMS and Blacktop 3S-GEs are just shy of 100hp/l bone stock, no SR20DE ever came close, the later SR20VE cracked it but is a newer and much more rare engine. Just cramming boost in and making peak power isn't all it takes to stand out, all you need for that is stout internals my trusty redblock in my old Volvo could do that with ports that flowed like a cheap hotel shower head, but it would have been completely hopeless NA. Fortunately it's also one of the most unkillable engines ever made and that makes the redblock stand out.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Do it. Of course, it isn't exactly as trivial as "popping it in", there are motor mounts, oil pans and exhaust manifolds you have to consider, so if you're going to buy the swap parts you may as well improve that 210hp Explorer motor a bit.
                              lol thanks for the insight
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Just noticed that theres been a M20B25 short block for sale pretty much local to me... I might need to grab that, throw it in with the stuff I currently have so I can bump from maybe 133bhp to "144whp"
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X