No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Little Italy last night for dinner, cool place(San Diego)
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Not much of a TV fan, but excited about season 2 of Altered Carbon, and soon after season 3 of Westworld.

Any other Sci-fi buffs in here?
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
        where did you go?
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          Uber to the Blue Water Seafood in OB because the old town store always has a line out the door. Best fish tacos on Earth, clean kitchen, local long standing business with several tap beers. Pizza Port is a block away with even more tap beers and great pizzas. Can bike out to Sunset Cliffs (@ 2 miles and flat) from there for views of said sunset and smoking hot joggers.

Comment

non sense.

got my head rebuilt with new viton valve seals.
            it smoked after couple hundred miles. STOPPED.
            a year later it smokes out the exhaust again.

thought it was the block. compression is good.

there oily gunk all up my intake manifold and intake ports.
            wtf

Comment

You remind me of Otis aka Good & Tight who is local, and a friend of 1.5 decades. His junk is so fast, but looks like an aftermarket back yard company threw up in his engine bay after a long night in Mexico.

Manys years ago, we just freaking completely nixed valve seals and saw almost no difference in oil consumption in SBC's. The guides are less than .02mm aka "seven ten thousands of an inch", not even one thousands, or one third the thickness of a human hair. That puts it at less than the rod bearing clearance, yet, not under direct oil pump pressure as is the rod bearings. Back in the 80's, we would put an umbrella type seal on the valve stems.

No way shape or form, should your guides cause excessive oil consumption UNLESS, excessively worn, and even then, it's typically only upon first start as oil will rest in the top of the guides (or umbrellas). Conventional physics show that cylinder pressures are higher than crank case (aka static dripping oil pressure in the head) means that combustion gasses by osmosis will migrate to the crank case, not the other way 'round. Higher pressure always migrates to lower pressure. This is why a vehicle needs an FPR, otherwise the manifold vacuum at idle will "suck" the fuel out of the injector pintle, since the mani pressure is far lower than atmospheric (m20/m30 runs about 11" below atmo, so we need that 11" above FPR pressure to compensate)

Usually with what you describe, a turbo car naturally runs so rich compared to NA, that the rings get gunked up, and stick in the ring lands causing the blow buy.

Take my shiz with a grain of salt, only speak about what I see IRL.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

To add to above, only reason I mention Otis is the car us driven/raced a couple time a year, definitely NOT a daily, nevermind a weekend warrior.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

where did you go?
                  went to Ristorante Illando

Tonight I went to Taka sushi place, that was good too.

Today, woke up late, forgot my alarm wasn't set for Saturday. Ran to the class, about 45 mins late. Worked till 3 they had snacks, so I had a small apple, 1 banana and a small bag of chips... Left the class at 3, went on a whale/dolphin cruise that needed to leave at 4. Got there with like 10 mins before 4. We were out for 2 hrs and saw no whales, there were some dolphins but they were up at the front and I didn't get to see them. Oh and I like to have froze to death and I had pants and a hoodie on.

Left there then went to get some sushi. Had a fun time here in San Diego. Oh the Whale watching company gave us all a free voucher since we didn't see any whales. I leave tomorrow to go back to Dallas.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post

Uber to the Blue Water Seafood in OB because the old town store always has a line out the door. Best fish tacos on Earth, clean kitchen, local long standing business with several tap beers. Pizza Port is a block away with even more tap beers and great pizzas. Can bike out to Sunset Cliffs (@ 2 miles and flat) from there for views of said sunset and smoking hot joggers.
                    doh, just saw this...smoking hot joggers has my interest lol
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

Dang. When you have a philosophical discussion with your 13 yr old kid that would rival 90% of the adult population is a total win. This kid amazes the teachers, even, when in depth. Feels good to know the apples dont fall far. ♥️
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Dang. When you have a philosophical discussion with your 13 yr old kid that would rival 90% of the adult population is a total win. This kid amazes the teachers, even, when in depth. Feels good to know the apples dont fall far. ♥️
                        so...what was the discussion over?
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Physics theories.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

ya check it out.

every single intake port was like this.
                            exhaust, no oil.
                            pistons tops have allot of carbon as well.

cold compression an the block that's by on the stand for 2 weeks where pretty even, shot up 30psi when adding atf.

it did it on the way back from work on a super hot engine.

would pictures on the pistons help? ring lands where actually very clean.
                            Dannng by jet jones, on Flickr
                            Oh god by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Down here we call that the gradu
                              I do things.

Comment

That flat earth guy who kept launching himself in rockets killed himself yesterday in his latest attempt.

Kind of funny, but also some people will see this as some big conspiracy/coverup
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X