Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    That flat earth guy who kept launching himself in rockets killed himself yesterday in his latest attempt.

Kind of funny, but also some people will see this as some big conspiracy/coverup
    Worst thing is a group of Flat Earthers already disproved themselves with mirrors when trying to proof it's flat. Netflix is/did make a documentary about it. On another note, dude's rockets don't go high enough to see the curve anyways. :/

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Worst thing is a group of Flat Earthers already disproved themselves with mirrors when trying to proof it's flat. Netflix is/did make a documentary about it. On another note, dude's rockets don't go high enough to see the curve anyways. :/
      That show was excellent.
      I do things.

Comment

I really want to know what the motivation is for flat-earthers and why they would think they're being lied to ? Whats the end game of this round earth theory!? lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

attention, idiocy? who knows. you need to get up around 60,000 feet to see the earth's curvature. definitely need a space suit for that altitude.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I really want to know what the motivation is for flat-earthers and why they would think they're being lied to ? Whats the end game of this round earth theory!? lol
            Well, being on a flat surface would suggest that there is some sort of higher being or whatever.

There is some pretty compelling evidence that I've seen.

I've also followed some IG pages that have been taken down that were posting "evidence" that suggests the earth is flat.

One of the more compelling ones is a man zooming into the sun as it's setting and you can see the full circumference of the sun, but it's just shrinking in size rather than setting in what looks to be a downward direction.

If you have an open mind, I'd look into it.

i'm no flat earther, but it's fun to go down that rabbit hole. People feel so strongly about it, you have to give it a chance at least.

If you're willing to launch yourself in the air with a homemade rocket, that either means you're a crazy ass mfer or you truly believe in it, because of solid evidence.

Edit; glad my 4000th post was about the earth being flat
            Last edited by MrBurgundy; 02-25-2020, 04:54 PM.
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Well the parachute came off of the "rocket" during the launch if you've seen the video. Really basic design mistake to put the parachute next to the engine, I've never seen such a thing on any rocket, full size or model. That ride down must have sucked.

I've heard some people say the stuntman might have just been riding the flat earth thing for publicity, don't know whether that's true or not, just something I heard. Either way it's pretty sick how many people are flat out delighting in his death just because he ostensibly believed something really dumb. He didn't harm anyone, didn't do anything evil. The people saying it's a darwin award winning stunt don't make sense either, the guy had 2 kids. You can't by definition remove yourself from the gene pool once you've procreated.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

imo the guy was killed by the ppl who want to keep everyone thinking "earth" is round.

Comment

Burgundy, I am not flat earther, quite opposite. Study geology, cosmology, and physics (practical, theoretical and quantum) as a side hobby. I am also hard pressed NOT to believe that there was a grand design/creator, and can talk for hours about the whole lot. That's the most fun part about discussing philosophy with my kids as earlier noted. Scientist are required to approach a theory with an open mind, then prove through scientific algorithms.

When I mentioned the discussion with my kid, we went back and forth with "what if" and gathered knowledge and research to back our ideas.

Who never thought "What if our solar system is just an atom in a giant universe, we could be toe fungi in a grander scheme" type deal. We are just a bunch of sentient beings wondering "where did we come from, where are we going", when in reality existentialism is just the realization of self conscious. Most Earth life (according to "our" standards, doesn't realize they are alive, just how to get next meal.

Lowr3v'in, go grab a laser and home made rocket and prove everyone else wrong :p

Philosophical debate is a fun subject, but OTOH, I ain't got time for that. Have cars to race, making a rocket to propel me to 10k feet to prove the earth is flat, is just asinine in today's society with abundant (yet closing in on depleted) helium, and cheap GoPro type cameras.
                  Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 02-25-2020, 11:11 PM.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

To add. After a 14 hour day with 12 billable hours, finally got a good shower, and instead if going to sleep, am in the midst of a lecture dusssing the real deal relation between wave function, histories if said functions, and weather or not the double slit theory can actually explain the observable universe.

​​Once we figure out how to bend spacetime, perhaps we will discover the pyramids were built in the future and we are seeing our past as a result in a bent (maybe circular spacetime?).

Really curious what the physicist Chiara Marletto will come up with once the Constructor theory is complete.
                    Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 02-25-2020, 11:31 PM.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

Why do humans sleep so much?
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

One of the more compelling ones is a man zooming into the sun as it's setting and you can see the full circumference of the sun, but it's just shrinking in size rather than setting in what looks to be a downward direction.
                        Fun fact I learned awhile ago (so hopefully I am remembering correctly). When the sun is setting and is at the horizon line, the light that we actually see is 15 minutes old so the sun is actually 15 minutes worth of rotation lower in the sky than we see. Something to do with the curvature and how the light travels and bends, better explanation is beyond me.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

When you are farting. The sound is actually your butthole slapping together not you buttcheeks.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            When you are farting. The sound is actually your butthole slapping together not you buttcheeks.
                            Depends on the fart. Sometimes you can feel the cheeks clap, then the warm bubbles ride up the crack. Worst ones are the ones that are ultra hot, but make no noice. :(

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Fun fact I learned awhile ago (so hopefully I am remembering correctly). When the sun is setting and is at the horizon line, the light that we actually see is 15 minutes old so the sun is actually 15 minutes worth of rotation lower in the sky than we see. Something to do with the curvature and how the light travels and bends, better explanation is beyond me.
                            Kinda. The Sun is 92m miles away, speed of light is 186k miles/sec (both rounded), if you do the math it's about 8 minutes. Based on that, here's another fun fact: If the Sun were to explode we would see the flash in about 8min, but the pressure wave would take 13yrs to actually reach us. I now, I am a nerd.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Kinda. The Sun is 92m miles away, speed of light is 186k miles/sec (both rounded), if you do the math it's about 8 minutes. Based on that, here's another fun fact: If the Sun were to explode we would see the flash in about 8min, but the pressure wave would take 13yrs to actually reach us. I now, I am a nerd.
                              We'd be dead way before that pressure wave hits us... but how long after the 8 minutes we see it explode?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

We'd be dead way before that pressure wave hits us... but how long after the 8 minutes we see it explode?
                                8 mins
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X