Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

Do you still have my friend Ian’s number? I bet he will give you one of his extra cars for almost free just to get it out of his dad’s barn
    No, but please send it again!
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

here's a little time-waster. guess what the diff came out of?

i will say this guy has spent a lot of money on metalworking tools.

sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

here's a little time-waster. guess what the diff came out of?

i will say this guy has spent a lot of money on metalworking tools.

https://youtu.be/BIvoiwozm8w
        I watch their videos periodically, haven't watched it yet, but came across the "suggested" feed. Actually am building a steady rest for the lathe and am semi-quasi copying their idea for one....

The particular video was not only INTERESTING but also it was necessary to be made as the TOOL that we created, this time, will provide us further help in th...
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Interesting diff, Is this how tanks work usually? seems like it would be hard to control since the moment you stop one side, the other suddenly goes twice as fast?
          I suppose you only need to add a little friction in order to turn though.

It's been a good few weeks. Bikes are working well, and I've been out on at least one reasonable trip each week, and the e30 is up and running with new injectors and some other bits.

I finally bought Megalog Viewer HD and I'm genuinely mad that I didn't do this before because the histogram/table generator feature is beautiful. Just set it up once, then throw logs into it to get a correction table. Not idiot proof, but as close as it gets.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Would it spin 2x as fast? I think it would be the same? When you get stuck with an open diff, only one wheel spins but it doesn’t speed up?

im not sure, but I think this guy did a vid where he built a “track motorcycle/unicycle” thing.

I noticed that the vid I posted above had about 2.5 million views when I watched it a few days ago. It would seem this guy probably makes a lot of money off those vids and has quite a following.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Would it spin 2x as fast? I think it would be the same? When you get stuck with an open diff, only one wheel spins but it doesn’t speed up?

im not sure, but I think this guy did a vid where he built a “track motorcycle/unicycle” thing.

I noticed that the vid I posted above had about 2.5 million views when I watched it a few days ago. It would seem this guy probably makes a lot of money off those vids and has quite a following.
              When both wheels turn equally, the spider gears (and output shafts) are stationary and all spin at the same speed as the pumpkin right? But if one wheel stops, it holds that output/gear and has to spin the spider gears attached to the pumpkin, which speeds up the other side.

Comment

I Found this video. Youtube embedding doesn't seem to be working.

How Differential Gear works (BEST Tutorial)

1990 325i
                2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  Interesting diff, Is this how tanks work usually?
                  Braked differential steering has been done but the typical setup is far more complex so that multiple speeds can be incorporated into the same gearbox as the differential steering gear. Some tanks have used multiple transmissions.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  I finally bought Megalog Viewer HD and I'm genuinely mad that I didn't do this before because the histogram/table generator feature is beautiful. Just set it up once, then throw logs into it to get a correction table. Not idiot proof, but as close as it gets.
                  A useful tool. I find that I rarely use logs when tuning anymore since I set up multiple tuning dashes in tunerstudio which have real time histograms. All other dash configurations are caveman mode for tuning once you've done that. I will sometimes log so that if something happens that I want to look at closely I can do so but it's rare I need to open them.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    A useful tool. I find that I rarely use logs when tuning anymore since I set up multiple tuning dashes in tunerstudio which have real time histograms. All other dash configurations are caveman mode for tuning once you've done that. I will sometimes log so that if something happens that I want to look at closely I can do so but it's rare I need to open them.
                    I wish I had real time anything with MS41. Maybe someday I'll socket the chip and figure out an emulator setup but that's a lot of work.

For now I can use short term fuel trims as a z axis in MLV HD to get my main fuel table to stoich wherever it is closed loop.
                    If it's in open loop, I have a calculated field that spits out the correction to hit 11.8:1, and I'll probably add calculated fields for other AFRs slightly leaner than that for cells away from peak torque

Comment

Hope everyones COVID projects are moving along well... I went on a drive in the Mini yesterday chasing my buddies AMG GTS haha
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

The only reason most any AMG would let a regular Mini stay behind them would be to be more eco friendly by allowing the Mini to hoover up their copious particulates for a second burn.

Comment

Speaking of AMG...can they really be deemed an "enthusiast cars" due to no manual option?
                          https://www.mbgilbert.com/blog/does-...-transmission/
                          Last edited by TeXJ; 06-02-2020, 10:05 AM.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Please tell me you're joking...

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              The only reason most any AMG would let a regular Mini stay behind them would be to be more eco friendly by allowing the Mini to hoover up their copious particulates for a second burn.
                              There wasnt many long straights but trust me when I say he was at 4/10 while I was at 9/10 and he still was far ahead haha
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

There wasnt many long straights but trust me when I say he was at 4/10 while I was at 9/10 and he still was far ahead haha
                                Having almost always had slow cars I've always really appreciated and have had some of my most enjoyable driving experiences when folks with legitimately fast cars let me chase them in the twsties. Conversely, when I keep up with or pass the racer bois on the highway I can only laugh at their feeble efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X