No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Murray, designer of the McLaren F1, has just come out with his new supercar, and successor to the F1, and it has a NA Cosworth V12 and a MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Never thought I'd see another supercar with a stick shift. Listening to him speak in this video, I love where his head is at with designing the car, and the experience he wants it to deliver. Excited to see more of this one.

Gordon Murray takes me round the GMA T.50 and explains why he decided to launch this new supercar now, which he sees as the rightful successor to the mighty ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gordon-Murray-T50-Supercar-1024x555.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.3 KB ID:	9942890

Comment

Do females go thru a mid life crisis around 40ish?

My GF recently has gone haywire. Now she's dressing like she's 20 and listening to the weekend (sp?) and the Taylor Swift.
      It's like the 90s and 00's never existed (used to be her fave era for country music, as well as pop).

...is this normal?
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        On another note, rivnuts are such a cool invention. Installing a diff cooler, cool suit, fuel swirl pot and lexan windows in this e36 and the rivnuts made quick/neat work. Still have to install the windows and my forearms already feel like Popeye after installing so many.
        A little late to the party, but I absolutely hate rivnuts.
        The old Sea Kings had them all over the place to hold trim panels and they would always be stripped.
        Easy to remove/install, super light, but pretty low on durability.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post

My GF recently has gone haywire. Now she's dressing like she's 20 and listening to the weekend (sp?) and the Taylor Swift.
          It's like the 90s and 00's never existed (used to be her fave era for country music, as well as pop).

...is this normal?
          I'll get back to you in 10 more years lol

Comment

...is this normal?
            We cannot tell without a visual reference...

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              Gordon Murray, designer of the McLaren F1, has just come out with his new supercar, and successor to the F1, and it has a NA Cosworth V12 and a MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Never thought I'd see another supercar with a stick shift. Listening to him speak in this video, I love where his head is at with designing the car, and the experience he wants it to deliver. Excited to see more of this one.
              Just watched that too. Im quite excited by this but also the T.43 he is coming out with. Supposed to be a car us regular folks can afford. Think Lotus Elise if Gordon had designed it and made it more usable. Should be a hit and if its anything like what I think it will be, I will probably go crazy trying to find a way to buy it
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

...is this normal?
                Maybe shes tired of being your GF and wants to be more...

I do know that their sex drive supposedly goes up in their 40s so maybe she wants it. We will need pics of before and after to determine if thats the goal
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

haha I didn't even notice, touche :D

I've not had to do the alternator on a 3.4, and I think that would be a blessing now lol
                  My dad told me the t-stat on those is a bitch and a half too. Something about having to remove the manifold or something...

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  For ease of maintenance, my jeep has been fairly easy to work on. Granted there was that one time i forgot to put coolant in the system after a waterpump replacement...that turned into me replacing the motor lol
                  I'm a little scared for maintenance on my WK...
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

A little late to the party, but I absolutely hate rivnuts.
                    The old Sea Kings had them all over the place to hold trim panels and they would always be stripped.
                    Easy to remove/install, super light, but pretty low on durability.
                    Aluminum? They also have zinc coated and stainless steel, but the little hand held gun barely does 8mm steel (we use all steel in the race cars).

On the subject of rivets, I have always use Arrow brand tool, never had an issue. Well, the one that's about 3yr old crapped the bed with a stripped mandrel, so grabbed old faithful (about 15yr old) and the stupid rivets were breaking off half way up the shank. Go to the store, get a new Arrow tool for like $30, all the way back tot he shop, it's doing it too. OK, maybe bad rivets, go buy the expensive rivets at $7 50ct. Back to the shop, THOSE are breaking off too WTF. Fed up, worked on something else and stopped by Harbor Fright on the way home to get a new electric motor for the lathe (that's another story, turned out the reversing switch went bad) and I saw this rivet tool for $4.99. Grab on and a box of rivets for like $3 100ct. OMG the HF tool works 3x better then all three of the others. Two pulls and they snap off countersunk.

EDIT: Totally thought I typed "Freight", but decided to leave the pun lol.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Just watched that too. Im quite excited by this but also the T.43 he is coming out with. Supposed to be a car us regular folks can afford. Think Lotus Elise if Gordon had designed it and made it more usable. Should be a hit and if its anything like what I think it will be, I will probably go crazy trying to find a way to buy it
                      Had to look up the T.43, since I've only just heard about these cars today. Sounds sick. Small, light, manual gearbox, and practical. Only things I'm not too fond of are the 18" wheels, and the 3cyl turbo. Would prefer 15s (or maybe 16s) and a NA 4 cyl like a Honda K20. Can't imagine a car like that needs huge brakes that would necessitate 18" wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post

My dad told me the t-stat on those is a bitch and a half too. Something about having to remove the manifold or something...

I'm a little scared for maintenance on my WK...
                        My wife had a 2008 WK with the 4.6L...I think that was the motor, anyway I replaced the alternator in the grocery store parking lot as it died and wouldn't start back up cause the batter was done. Was on top of the motor and was just a few bolts and it was done... I did accidentally leave my 13mm deep socket under the alternator, and then we sold it like right after so I never got it back... haha
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Aluminum? They also have zinc coated and stainless steel, but the little hand held gun barely does 8mm steel (we use all steel in the race cars).

On the subject of rivets, I have always use Arrow brand tool, never had an issue. Well, the one that's about 3yr old crapped the bed with a stripped mandrel, so grabbed old faithful (about 15yr old) and the stupid rivets were breaking off half way up the shank.
                          I think all of these were aluminum (some were the splined style, some were unsplined but had a key you needed to file a way for), but it's done a good job to turn me off them.
                          On the (much newer) EH101's, everything was either a potted insert or an anchornut. Both have their own issues, but IMO are more robust

For pop rivets breaking off, I honestly don't know.
                          Stuff like CherryMax rivets or Avdel/Cherry MBC are pretty sensitive to grip length and using one too long will cause that problem, but I don't think pop rivets do grip lengths?

Comment

Dont think it was length. I have a rotating and deep mandrel tool, but they both were popping them half length. Was having to use side cutters to look them off, then a punch to keep them from slicing skin.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

HOAs are hilarious. I stepped up to be President because all the ladies in this building are ... special... Im finally getting important stuff done, but the minor, petty stuff is where they want to spend all the time and energy on... hilarious.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                HOAs are hilarious. I stepped up to be President because all the ladies in this building are ... special... Im finally getting important stuff done, but the minor, petty stuff is where they want to spend all the time and energy on... hilarious.
                                Well, good/bad for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X