Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varg
    replied
    I'm pretty much done with FL, it's just not worth it anymore, too expensive and too crowded. I get to work early and leave early (6a-4p when I can) to avoid peak traffic, but for the past year or so even if I'm able to leave at exactly 4:00 I'm stuck in stop and go traffic for most of my trip home and that's if there are no crashes and no rain. It's taking me >1hr to get home every day and my commute is 33-38min in the morning. Can everyone who moved to south Florida in the past 10 years please just go back? It's over, you guys killed it. It wasn't always like this. It's going to become southern California with different politics and worse weather at this rate. A suburban 1,200ft^2 3/2 in a decent area with a garage and a 1/4 acre lot is $500,000, then $6,000/yr+ in insurance, and it's not worth that. Car insurance has gone up 50% in the last 3 years. I know young engineers who are spending >1/3rd of their income on rent for a basic apartment, engineer is a decent paying job, that's nuts. It's not worth it. Not for flat land, straight roads, nasty rude people, almost no scenery or nature left, a miserably hot summer, and some mediocre beaches (the good ones are too crowded). So it doesn't get under 40° in the winter and we have theme parks, big whoop. No income tax, too bad your house costs twice what it should and your insurance 3x.

Originally posted by bangn View Post
    Small vent.. I love how easy M20s are to work on, but sometimes they can eafd. Literally the only parts in my motor I didn't replace because they don't give troubles and appeared to be in good condition..
    I guess the schrick springs were just a little bit too much for these guys. Was right where the top of the coil terminated. Could of been very bad once the wick got turned up.
    Meh, this stuff is old, it doesn't last forever especially used hard. That retainer goes through 1 cycle every two revolutions. If it averaged 2,000rpm for 2,000hrs that's 120,000,000 cycles. It may have very well had the strength to last 750,000,000 cycles with stock valve springs and usage but upgraded valve springs and getting beat on...

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    One of the very cheapest customers I ever ran in to when I was at a shop had an E65 that was pretty much trashed. After doing some workable, but somewhat incomplete fixes I just got tired of him and started quoting more unreasonable prices. Eventually he went away.

It's odd how people are, especially those who can just barely afford their crypto luxury cars.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    People can be so ridiculous... So at the shop, I've had this person call me 3 times for a timing chain service on an M60B44.

The kid calls me and is like can you change just one chain, out of the three. I tell him, I'm only willing to do the job if we do the whole thing, I buy the parts, you get a warranty, blah blah blah.

He calls me a second time almost begging me to do just one chain, because he claims the other chain was just done. I tell him, listen man, this is the way I do it, but that's just me, go take it to whoever did the one chain before and have them do the other one... Why does it have to be me?

Then his Mom calls and is like hey, I want to get one of my chains replaced on my 740i. I say oh, someone just called about this and she goes, this is my first time calling LOL. Okay... then literally describes the same shit the kid did.

She's like grilling me why I cannot just do one chain. I'm like LADY this is my policy, that's just me, there are people out there who will do that for you, but not me.

Then she goes on about how she's going to bring me the parts... Shop policy is we supply parts so you get your warranty and we don't get stuck with your car because you bought shitty parts or the wrong parts all together...

God damn lol Why do I have to be forced to do this shit for you lol..

Also, why tf would you drive a 2001 740i if you're worried about cost of ownership...Go buy a 2003 camry and you'll never have to worry about that

/rant
    Last edited by MrBurgundy; 03-13-2024, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    Goon247
    that's a good one lol

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Goon247

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    HTLRFAN or LAMALVR, not sure which is more forum accurate.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    G00n3r

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    ^^
    We're waiting for your most horiffic custom plate combo for our amusement.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    I got 5 on it

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Hehe, we could have a COKGBLR repeat, but CA would probably shut that plate down.
    Actually CA ruled they couldnt restrict what has been submitted. Its available too...

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Hehe, we could have a COKGBLR repeat, but CA would probably shut that plate down.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

I'm sure there's a sub 1k hooptie out there that we could crowd fund for you.
    If its a 84/85 325e with 3-pedals I will match whatever R3V puts into it LOL

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Doors definitely staying on the E30 during its drive home...

Wait, are you guys buying me an E30?
    I'm sure there's a sub 1k hooptie out there that we could crowd fund for you.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

Yeah, can't rely on aircraft to get you home, an E30 is probably a better bet.
    Doors definitely staying on the E30 during its drive home...

Wait, are you guys buying me an E30?

Leave a comment:

• bangn
    replied
    Small vent.. I love how easy M20s are to work on, but sometimes they can eafd. Literally the only parts in my motor I didn't replace because they don't give troubles and appeared to be in good condition..
    I guess the schrick springs were just a little bit too much for these guys. Was right where the top of the coil terminated. Could of been very bad once the wick got turned up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2024-03-11 at 18.48.42_5bd447e9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	10116129

Leave a comment:

Working...
X