Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    These days I cry every time I see an e30 whose mint fender arches are hacked up and drilled to fit a widebody over fender kit. Everybody doing this to their car is like what all the ricers were doing back in the early '00's with crappy fiberglass body kits.
    My Feedback

    Comment


      ^Yeah, the widebody kits look bad because they look like and fit like what they are; an afterthought. They don't follow the car's lines nicely, the screw holes and indents do not suit the clean look of classic cars, and objectively they generally fit badly too like most other screw-on fender flares. At the last cars and coffee I went to I gravitated toward a beautiful classic Z, I love the Z31 and older Zs, it was such a clean and straight car but I could see in the distance that it had fender flares. I went up to it and the fit was typical; so bad there were gaps between the flares and the body in some spots (you could see light through them), and touching the body in others. Screwed the car up for a trendy look. Because they're screwed on and don't fit well you often see gap fillers used which add contrast that looks even more screwy but at least it takes up the gaps and probably reduces the relative movement which tears up the paint with time. Taking a car like that Z which is renowned for its graceful lines and putting chunky looking flares on it is just bad taste.

      IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, 3L M50 + BW S366 project

      Comment


        I knew a guy that had a serious hard-on for rocket bunny kits and wanted to put that on his s38 swapped e30. I hated the idea then, and I hate it now. But I might be biased because I only like to modify with period-correct stuff.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

        Comment


          20 years from now will we be stoked to see a rocket bunny like a testarossa kit?


          hah

          I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

          Comment


            yeah the Rieger Genesis kits are genuinely cool if they're installed well and finished.

            The pandem kit didn't look good when they released it, so there's no way in hell someone in 2042 will be like "brah that duraflex pandem knockoff kit looks so 2020s, that's [insert slang of the youngins]!"

            I think the LTO kits look great, would rock one if I had like 5K to blow, time, and a spare chassis.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

            Comment


              Man, almost 2 weeks since the last post..

              Got covid finally.. was out of work for 2 weeks waiting to test negative.. My shop is slammed now with 3 engine out jobs waiting and more waiting to come in..

              Was planning on heading up to Car Week this coming weekend, but won't be able to make it now..... LAME

              I came down with covid too right at the start of my vacation so I sat in my hotel the whole time lol
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:


              WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

              Comment


                Double whammy. I’m due to get out. E30s in pieces, cooler weather is coming!

                I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

                Comment


                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  Man, almost 2 weeks since the last post..

                  Got covid finally.. was out of work for 2 weeks waiting to test negative.. My shop is slammed now with 3 engine out jobs waiting and more waiting to come in..

                  Was planning on heading up to Car Week this coming weekend, but won't be able to make it now..... LAME

                  I came down with covid too right at the start of my vacation so I sat in my hotel the whole time lol
                  It's such a joke anymore. My whole household got it just after the new year. We didn't even realize we had it, but was suspect since an in-law tested positive just after they had gotten home from the holiday. Barely a dry cough for me, the kids were asymptomatic, except the middle son who battles allergies. I got a sinus infection in the spring that treated me worse than the corona. It's all the hoops you have to jump through that's the biggest pain, kids had to stay home and wait for neg test etc. Even people who had 47 boosters are still getting it.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

                    It's such a joke anymore. My whole household got it just after the new year. We didn't even realize we had it, but was suspect since an in-law tested positive just after they had gotten home from the holiday. Barely a dry cough for me, the kids were asymptomatic, except the middle son who battles allergies. I got a sinus infection in the spring that treated me worse than the corona. It's all the hoops you have to jump through that's the biggest pain, kids had to stay home and wait for neg test etc. Even people who had 47 boosters are still getting it.
                    Not in the spicy subforum, but isn't none of this the case any more with the new "regs" coming through. The asymptomatic stuff was always a joke.

                    Instagram: Reichart12

                    Comment


                      E30 truck in the movie "Beast"???

                      https://youtu.be/Opwpubinghc
                      Attached Files
                      My Feedback

                      Comment


                        r3v is slow, but I guess I could post more.

                        Here's a conversation starter: I really want to have an auto-x / track car to learn more driving skill. I also have always wanted a touring. I also want do a turbo build.

                        I have a 1989 325iA sedan. I have a full 5-speed swap. I have all the parts to build a high-comp m20b27i (except the block). I have all the parts to turbo the engine.

                        I guess I could drive the car as-is until it breaks, then 5-speed swap and build the engine. I don't think I want to turbo the sedan and I don't think a turbo car would be a good auto-x, but I guess I could. The goal was to turbo my coupe, but with that gone, I think a turbo touring could be cool. Or should I just get something super cheap to beat on for auto-x?

                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

                          Not in the spicy subforum, but isn't none of this the case any more with the new "regs" coming through. The asymptomatic stuff was always a joke.
                          Not sure. Here in Florida, we were wide open and mask less for quite some time. They did test my son and sent him home, not sure if they are doing the same this year.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                            I guess I could drive the car as-is until it breaks, then 5-speed swap and build the engine. I don't think I want to turbo the sedan and I don't think a turbo car would be a good auto-x, but I guess I could. The goal was to turbo my coupe, but with that gone, I think a turbo touring could be cool. Or should I just get something super cheap to beat on for auto-x?
                            Is there any cheap left to get? I see a lot in the auto-x communities people suggesting to get Miatas or FRSs as that car but I don't think there are many options below 10k (but I also don't look). Seems that the FRS in a stock class is competitive. That would probably be my option if I wanted to fit into a class. My e30 that I take is modded into a funky class that makes the car not really competitive in.


                            Instagram: Reichart12

                            Comment


                              Reichart12 Yeah, I don't think there are many "cheap" options left out there, but I'm also not looking much. I'm pretty sure I could get a 4-cyl z3 for cheap. Although that'd be a familiar car to work on, I'd really like to branch out from BMWs since that's all that I've really owned (except for a 1991 Buick Skylark).

                              I didn't even think about classes to be competitive, apparently I have a bunch of reading to do. I guess I should just try it with the sedan as-is and let that guide the next toy.
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

                              Comment


                                Are there any E30s that are competitive in state level or higher autocross these days? I'm sure there are some locales where there are some fast guys in E30s but every time I see E30s and autocross come up people seem to say not to bother making an E30 an autocross car unless you're not really interested in the competitive aspect because the chassis and suspension are outclassed.

                                IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, 3L M50 + BW S366 project

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X