X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    With all of the negativity going on, thought I'd share some good news.

Had my half-year performance review with my manager last week. Our fiscal year starts in Aug. That is when we usually are eligible for raises.

With all of the stuff going on and our company's stock tanking I was thinking we wouldn't be getting any bonuses.

So not only did I get a really good bonus, but I also got a raise as well! Totally unexpected!

Thought I'd share something happy.

Also found that a bunch of musicians did a "concert" found the link.
    (edit: apparently the YouTube codec isn't working for embedding a video...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et-JjT6i4rY
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    With all of the negativity going on, thought I'd share some good news.

Had my half-year performance review with my manager last week. Our fiscal year starts in Aug. That is when we usually are eligible for raises.

With all of the stuff going on and our company's stock tanking I was thinking we wouldn't be getting any bonuses.

So not only did I get a really good bonus, but I also got a raise as well! Totally unexpected!

Thought I'd share something happy.

Also found that a bunch of musicians did a "concert" found the link.
    (edit: apparently the YouTube codec isn't working for embedding a video...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et-JjT6i4rY

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    It's looking nice and sunny outside today and my brain can't focus working from home. Ahhh guess that's why I'm on this site haha.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    She can stay busy waxing Mr Melon...

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by Melon View Post

Lady Melon is furloughed, she works at a waxing salon.
    well, on the positive side: at work she gets to look at vaginas all day.

seriously, though...sorry to hear that she is out of work. my wife is too.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    i heard my pitbull cough twice today. never heard her cough ever.
    Quarantine!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    i heard my pitbull cough twice today. never heard her cough ever.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Fortunately the wife is in finance, so she is working WFH, and I don't interact with many people here at the shop. A couple of my friends with contracting companies (one plumber, the other does storm glass/doors/shutters) are going to the bank today to apply for the EIDL's. Thought about doing it, but am pretty small in comparison to those guys and don't have any employees - kinda feel like I would be taking it from someone in more need, plus, it's still a loan, so rather not borrow against my future sales.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    sometimes i feel like i might have corona because i have to clear my throat and maybe alittle tired. maybe a dry throat. idk
    but sometimes i think it's just in my head and i feel perfect.

is it just me
    yea i'm scared of it.

pig/bird flu i saw it was in the news for alittle bit but never really saw anything come of it wasn't really aware of those ones.
    like nothing was happening but i guess allot of people died from it huh?
    This shit hit here right as the oak pollen began to fall.

On top of that I had developed a nasty sinus infection, constant lethargy and sore throat, and of course nasal/sinus pain and pressure.
    Talk about a cause for concer.

I'm mostly over it now, although the sore throat has persisted, and I'm fine as well as everyone in the house.
    We're just hunkered down, we usually keep a 2-3 week store of food on hand for hurricane season, we stocked up before the first case hit, and once afterwards, so we got food until mid April.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Been away for a week or so, work is crazy, and the transition to WFH hasn't been smooth, but I got a work station up and running.

I did get the Corvette sold, for $9,000. I was asking $10,500 but with the economy tanking, and the issues with the car I'm fine with taking the cash.
    Only issue is trying to find a TT&L place that's open.

Lady Melon is furloughed, she works at a waxing salon, and with the shut down she's out of work until April, so she's applying for unemployment.

I still have a job, for now, but with oil tanking, and consumption grinding to a halt with stay-at-home orders my employment status is unknown for the next few months.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Watching the comments that scroll across the screen hurts.
    "Is there a chance for kids under the age of 15 to get COVID-19"

What could you have possibly seen that would give you that idea?

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    that's his plan.

Leave a comment:

• kickinindian
    replied
    anyone watch Bill Gates interview on CNN? he had run models with all available info that 2 months would be the best amount of time to stop the spread and that next year we should look at another possible outbreak and to possibly be prepared for mass spread in 3rd world countries that could not afford to treat their populace.

In case vid does not work for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71lfXrQlxU
    Last edited by kickinindian; 03-27-2020, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    10k new cases today. WTF
    imagine all the people that have it and not getting tested. passing it around. i think everyone is going to get it eventually before the vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    hikes parks and beaches are closed but i'm still going on hikes and stuff.
    here's la from far away. wash your hands.
    So small by jet jones, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X