Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    imo the guy was killed by the ppl who want to keep everyone thinking "earth" is round.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Well the parachute came off of the "rocket" during the launch if you've seen the video. Really basic design mistake to put the parachute next to the engine, I've never seen such a thing on any rocket, full size or model. That ride down must have sucked.

I've heard some people say the stuntman might have just been riding the flat earth thing for publicity, don't know whether that's true or not, just something I heard. Either way it's pretty sick how many people are flat out delighting in his death just because he ostensibly believed something really dumb. He didn't harm anyone, didn't do anything evil. The people saying it's a darwin award winning stunt don't make sense either, the guy had 2 kids. You can't by definition remove yourself from the gene pool once you've procreated.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I really want to know what the motivation is for flat-earthers and why they would think they're being lied to ? Whats the end game of this round earth theory!? lol
    Well, being on a flat surface would suggest that there is some sort of higher being or whatever.

There is some pretty compelling evidence that I've seen.

I've also followed some IG pages that have been taken down that were posting "evidence" that suggests the earth is flat.

One of the more compelling ones is a man zooming into the sun as it's setting and you can see the full circumference of the sun, but it's just shrinking in size rather than setting in what looks to be a downward direction.

If you have an open mind, I'd look into it.

i'm no flat earther, but it's fun to go down that rabbit hole. People feel so strongly about it, you have to give it a chance at least.

If you're willing to launch yourself in the air with a homemade rocket, that either means you're a crazy ass mfer or you truly believe in it, because of solid evidence.

Edit; glad my 4000th post was about the earth being flat
    Last edited by MrBurgundy; Today, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    attention, idiocy? who knows. you need to get up around 60,000 feet to see the earth's curvature. definitely need a space suit for that altitude.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I really want to know what the motivation is for flat-earthers and why they would think they're being lied to ? Whats the end game of this round earth theory!? lol

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Worst thing is a group of Flat Earthers already disproved themselves with mirrors when trying to proof it's flat. Netflix is/did make a documentary about it. On another note, dude's rockets don't go high enough to see the curve anyways. :/
    That show was excellent.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    That flat earth guy who kept launching himself in rockets killed himself yesterday in his latest attempt.

Kind of funny, but also some people will see this as some big conspiracy/coverup
    Worst thing is a group of Flat Earthers already disproved themselves with mirrors when trying to proof it's flat. Netflix is/did make a documentary about it. On another note, dude's rockets don't go high enough to see the curve anyways. :/

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    That flat earth guy who kept launching himself in rockets killed himself yesterday in his latest attempt.

Kind of funny, but also some people will see this as some big conspiracy/coverup

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Down here we call that the gradu

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    ya check it out.

every single intake port was like this.
    exhaust, no oil.
    pistons tops have allot of carbon as well.

cold compression an the block that's by on the stand for 2 weeks where pretty even, shot up 30psi when adding atf.

it did it on the way back from work on a super hot engine.

would pictures on the pistons help? ring lands where actually very clean.
    Dannng by jet jones, on Flickr
    Oh god by jet jones, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Physics theories.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Dang. When you have a philosophical discussion with your 13 yr old kid that would rival 90% of the adult population is a total win. This kid amazes the teachers, even, when in depth. Feels good to know the apples dont fall far. ♥️
    so...what was the discussion over?

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Dang. When you have a philosophical discussion with your 13 yr old kid that would rival 90% of the adult population is a total win. This kid amazes the teachers, even, when in depth. Feels good to know the apples dont fall far. ♥️

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by bradmer View Post

Uber to the Blue Water Seafood in OB because the old town store always has a line out the door. Best fish tacos on Earth, clean kitchen, local long standing business with several tap beers. Pizza Port is a block away with even more tap beers and great pizzas. Can bike out to Sunset Cliffs (@ 2 miles and flat) from there for views of said sunset and smoking hot joggers.
    doh, just saw this...smoking hot joggers has my interest lol

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

where did you go?
    went to Ristorante Illando

Tonight I went to Taka sushi place, that was good too.

Today, woke up late, forgot my alarm wasn't set for Saturday. Ran to the class, about 45 mins late. Worked till 3 they had snacks, so I had a small apple, 1 banana and a small bag of chips... Left the class at 3, went on a whale/dolphin cruise that needed to leave at 4. Got there with like 10 mins before 4. We were out for 2 hrs and saw no whales, there were some dolphins but they were up at the front and I didn't get to see them. Oh and I like to have froze to death and I had pants and a hoodie on.

Left there then went to get some sushi. Had a fun time here in San Diego. Oh the Whale watching company gave us all a free voucher since we didn't see any whales. I leave tomorrow to go back to Dallas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X