Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F34R
    replied
    How Maximus Decimus Meridius sits now(He was named a day after he got home haha). Made a new seat last night so you can get low on the bars.

3M glue fitted the top and sides, let it cure.

Used some Gorilla super glue to hold the tabs down on the front and rear to make the curve of the seat. Looks stock! Used some leather that I had been saving.
    This is just a picture of the 3M glue setting up with the sides tucked. The first picture is all finished after a LOT of pulling and clamping to get them to stay while the super glue cured.
    Used a leather indentor to crease the lines on the top.

Talking about clogged jets...I went and picked up a Briggs and Stratton Filter. REMEMBER to fill the filter up and out till the top line has fuel out of it. Air will not travel back into the tank through the petcock filter.

Next on the list is:
    -Side mirror
    -Coilover shocks in the back
    -Install new tires this Tuesday when they arrive.
    -Make a custom plate holder
    Last edited by F34R; 04-14-2013, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
    Haha... I love you soo much
    lol love you too Jerbear <3

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
    friends had some of those when we were kids, fun to ride,

My brother was sponsered by PUCH, BMX racing, for about 1 event, then they pulled out of it,
    Must have been cool to be there for when all this stuff was happening. On Mopedarmy.com there is a thread about 'Golden days' of riding these. Some of the stories are just awesome.

Originally posted by blazing View Post
    Nice,glad your having fun with it.
    31 mph,man mine must have been a hurting pup,I don't think it would have broke 15mph.
    We used to mis pronounce the name and call it the puke..lol
    All it takes is a little bit of crap in the tank to make it not run well. I have been filtering the tank since it has been sitting. It got a little TINY bit of crap in the jet and it would not even start.

From what I have been told by some older chaps over the phone while ordering parts it is: PUC, the H is silent. But that is what I have been told, who knows if they are right.

Leave a comment:

• blazing
    replied
    Nice,glad your having fun with it.
    31 mph,man mine must have been a hurting pup,I don't think it would have broke 15mph.
    We used to mis pronounce the name and call it the puke..lol
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    I am having a blast on it, my brothers came over and I took it for a 30 mile ride to get some burgers. My phone GPS app and both their bikes said I was doing 31mph flat out.
    I get nothing but thumbs up and smiles from others. Had a few bikers laughing and smiling as I went by with my brothers: CBR 600RR and a Suzuki 600 sports bikes.
    And it is a TOTAL chick magnet, I have no clue why but women come up and just start talking with me. Winks and blowing kisses, all funny as shit.

I cannot wait for the new tires, these weather cracked ones are scary.

I have a LONG ass scarf that blows in the wind and a leather jacket haha. It is funny as hell, I just sit at a stop lights doing a lifted rear tire burnout.

Leave a comment:

• steve68
    replied
    friends had some of those when we were kids, fun to ride,

My brother was sponsered by PUCH, BMX racing, for about 1 event, then they pulled out of it,

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyMadness
    replied
    Originally posted by Minimonkey View Post
    GAY....

G...A...Y...

My dad says he loves you but your gay.... He likes the scooter!

Originally posted by F34R View Post
    I really have no clue if I should take offence to that? I was not the one jumping it, that was my little brother. Is "gay" a slang for dumb in cali?
    Haha... I love you soo much

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Minimonkey View Post
    GAY....

G...A...Y...

I really have no clue if I should take offence to that? I was not the one jumping it, that was my little brother. Is "gay" a slang for dumb in cali?

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
    Watching your second youtube video when your jumping looked like something straight out of hot rod. lol Anyways, I really want to pick one of these up just to mess around on.
    HAHAHA, that is what we were shooting for. It was not really jumping it, it does not have the support for a hard landing. The fuel tank is part of the frame.

It is worth it man, both my brothers are buying one now because of how awesome they are. I never understood before I owned this, they really are all about having fun.

Leave a comment:

• hfabricius
    replied
    Watching your second youtube video when your jumping looked like something straight out of hot rod. lol Anyways, I really want to pick one of these up just to mess around on.

Leave a comment:

• Minimonkey
    replied
    GAY....

G...A...Y...

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by blazing View Post
    I had a yellow one as a teen,we just ran it around an empty parking lot and a dead end street.
    As I recall at full throttle I could pedal it past the point where the motor was doing anything to propel the bike.
    I am having a blast on it, my brothers came over and I took it for a 30 mile ride to get some burgers. My phone GPS app and both their bikes said I was doing 31mph flat out.
    I get nothing but thumbs up and smiles from others. Had a few bikers laughing and smiling as I went by with my brothers: CBR 600RR and a Suzuki 600 sports bikes.
    And it is a TOTAL chick magnet, I have no clue why but women come up and just start talking with me. Winks and blowing kisses, all funny as shit.

I cannot wait for the new tires, these weather cracked ones are scary.

I have a LONG ass scarf that blows in the wind and a leather jacket haha. It is funny as hell, I just sit at a stop lights doing a lifted rear tire burnout.

Leave a comment:

• blazing
    replied
    I had a yellow one as a teen,we just ran it around an empty parking lot and a dead end street.
    As I recall at full throttle I could pedal it past the point where the motor was doing anything to propel the bike.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by pineapplegti View Post
    I wouldn't jump the poor thing too much..
    My bad ;)

Attached Files
    Last edited by F34R; 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pineapplegti
    replied
    I wouldn't jump the poor thing too much..

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by pineapplegti View Post
    Don't delete the pedals .. They are half the charm of a moped. Feel free to pm me any questions.
    The pedals are growing on me...as is the thoughts of hitting the 1/4 pipe in my backyard lol. BMX Moped?

Most important update...legal and in my name now. Also bought a set of smexy tires: Michelin Gazelle M62 2.25/2.50
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pineapplegti
    replied
    Don't delete the pedals .. They are half the charm of a moped. Feel free to pm me any questions.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    That cafe style one is SO BEAST!

I am thinking about this kit:

I am not sure on what combos would be best, but that would get me to around 45mph and retain good mpg.

I am REALLY thinking over making one of these:

I am going to delete the pedals first and make a kick start for it. Then do a kit and by winter a cafe style conversion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X