Congrats man.
We are going to look at a place tomorrow. 1760 Sq/Ft detached big 2 car garage with a shit house in it, Couple of decent out buildings. 20ac backing up to Forest Service on 2 sides, end of the road parcel, 2 neighbors with no more splits to be made along the shared drive way.
Buying a haus! (Ugh...PG. 9)
Collapse
X
-
I have no garage. :(
Not really a deal breaker for me, as I just do work at my parent's place. Dad has a lift, etc. All my tools are there too.
I do have plans on throwing a garage up in a few years.
The thing I love about this house is all it needs is updating. Appliances, counters, heating, AC. Do that work and, if the market it right, sell it in 5 to 10 years.Leave a comment:
-
I can live in the corner of the garage, and we can lust after much British stamped steel.Leave a comment:
-
It's the one that needed repairs. They agreed to fix it all. Afterwords, we're going to have the inspector come back through and check the work.
You'll be sharing with me, of course!
With about a 1/2 acre wooded lot, I'm sure to find a nice place for one out back under the shed or something.
I am a noob. ;)Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Is thisthe one that. Needed the pump and joists/windows fixed, or the other one you liked?
Either way, congrats. I know it is frustrating im waiting on land title transfer to complete my deal that has been in the works for FOUR MONTHS!
Lol, im stoked for you.Leave a comment:
-
Whelp, the sellers agreed to fix everything.
So, we got it. Just got my approval letter. Pending the title search and whatnot, but this time next month I'll be a home owner.
So stoked.Leave a comment:
-
-
^^was that directed to me? if so, I view 40 posts per page, so the above post would be the 3rd post on the 4th page. You could just give me a post number if that would help.Leave a comment:
-
Ok, went through and skimmed most of the thread, but if I missed anything I apologize. Couple things with the assessment, if you are financing the house, the loan will be pending appraisal, if the appraisal comes back below 138k due to the master bedroom wall, the bank will not fund the loan unless you pay the difference. inspection items and appraisal are good way to go back to the seller and renegotiate the price. especially the appraisal, because the house will never sell for more than that. Also, just because you are under contract doesn't mean you can't back out at anytime for any reason, if you're not feeling comfortable with the issues the house has, you should either ask the seller to correct them, reduce the price by the cost to fix them, or back out of the deal. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I've been through this a few times.Leave a comment:
-
UPDATE
So, got the inspection done. Now I'm stuck. Needs a crawl space sump pump, has something growing on the floor joists, and has some previous repairs under the living room floor that need addressed again. This is all in addition to various deterioration around some of the window and door frames.
Also, the bank assessor came by and said it would be assessed as a two bedroom as the master doesn't have a wall or door separating it from the rest of the house, making it common space. So the value will probably go down down down.
BUT I found another place I love.It's perfect, but only has one bath. Also we'll have to go through this whole process again, meaning my little girl will be here by the time we move in. Plus too, another home inspection, what could be wrong with this one?
I'm stuck.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: