Falls Fire - some pics

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • QUKBMER
    replied
    You guys are horrible :giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • LuckyHenriksen
    replied
    ^ probably a dude

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by 2761377
    shot by a family friend. there's a you tube video that shows this same drop.



    pilot obviously thinks that's a stick, not a yoke
    I would dump a similar sized load on the chick on the right

    Leave a comment:


  • kickinindian
    replied
    That guy is a good pilot i love watching him fly some of that shit!

    Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Wow. That's an insane picture! ^^

    Leave a comment:


  • 2761377
    replied
    shot by a family friend. there's a you tube video that shows this same drop.



    pilot obviously thinks that's a stick, not a yoke

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Pare
    replied
    omg there was a fire?! i need to check the news...

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in
    Doesn't look like those little bags of water do anything.
    Those "little bags of water" can carry up to 2600 gallons of water. Quite a bit bigger than you think.

    Leave a comment:


  • kickinindian
    replied
    They use the water to help wet up the stuff that has not burned yet to slow it down a little where they have cut line with hand crews

    Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by LowR3V'in
    Doesn't look like those little bags of water do anything.
    The DC-10 sure will

    Leave a comment:


  • LowR3V'in
    replied
    Doesn't look like those little bags of water do anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • kickinindian
    replied
    A few miles from my place the usfs just are finishing up a 25k acre fire was pretty gnarly hit a record on our forest. Lucky it was not as close to a major metro area like down south!

    Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • smitche
    replied
    Yeah, at the point I was there it had only burned a few acres and only 2 choppers were running along with a Cal Fire spotter plane (which I got a lousy picture of). I took the day off to spend the day with a couple friends in OC. They had just closed Ortega as I was headed home so I had to take the 76 over instead.

    Edit: the fire had just jumped the ridge when CHP asked us to leave. I know it sounds morbid, but I was I could've stayed to get a few more pictures. The flames were massive when it came over the ridge.

    Leave a comment:


  • QUKBMER
    replied
    That fire was like 2.5 miles from my house.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    the big dc-10s were flying over my house all day going to san bernardino airport

    Leave a comment:

Working...