Desmodronic valve setups
Because who doesn't want to adjust their valves every 6k miles? ;)
From what I understand that system was designed before valve spring alloys actually got good and is now pretty outdated, kind of like Harley's radial engines.
I have the hugest engineering boner right now...
Collapse
X
-
Ducati has something sort of similar in their bikes, called "desmodromic", still cammed but uses no springs, instead has a dedicated rocker arm and lobe for opening and closing each valve
Leave a comment:
-
I remember reading about their camless tech a year or so ago, they tested it in a rather run-of-the-mill Saab and saw some pretty impressive gains (both in power and economy).
Say what you want about Jalopnik, here's a link: http://jalopnik.com/what-its-like-to...ine-1529865968
more: http://www.cargine.com/history/Leave a comment:
-
-
-
I like how boss man isn't one of those board member guy in a suit types.
He's like the Steve Jobs of hypercars.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
I have the hugest engineering boner right now...
Koenigsegg cam-less engine technology:
And the new One:1 hypercar. 1360hp, 1360kg wet weight. How fucking ball-out crazy is this thing? The exhaust tip is the single largest piece of 3D printed titanium ever made. Now I have to go change my pants. Again...
The Hennessey Venom GT just hit 270 MPH on a runway. The Koenigsegg One:1 thinks that's cute. And that's because it should be able to hit 280 MPH. Oh, and it can go around corners like mad. Welcome to the new king. This is our behind the scenes look at the world's new mega car.
The Koenigsegg One:1 sits unfinished in the factory. In just four days, it has to be on a truck to Geneva. This is how it went from unfinished to incredible megacar over the course of 96 hours.

...aaaannndd sploosh.
Tags: None

Leave a comment: