Abandoned Places thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST1G View Post

When I wen't to Spain I got a little confused and never understood how a arrow pointing down means forward especially when they also use arrows pointing up to indicate forward (which is the proper way).

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
      Yup, that was it.

Abandoned stuff like this is crazy to me as I grew up in a tourist town where every square inch of property is worth a ton, so nothing ever just sits. Having an entire building just not be used is so foreign to me. I see these places and think about all the cool stuff I could use the space for.
      LA is the same way, if its abandoned the building has been leveled if its not leveled its up for sale (which sometimes takes years)

i love this stuff though, it gives photographers a great background or subject, and gives adventurists a playground. for sure sub'd

Comment

The Chernobyl nuclear disaster was an event that shook the world and, 37 years later, the town of Pripyat in Ukraine remains a nuclear wasteland. British amateur photographer, Ryan Field from East …
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post

Im going to have to start researching Phoenix now haha, although I've been getting myself more lost out in the desert looking for ghost towns on my motorcycle, Ill have to start seeing if theres anything worth checking out, its a huge city

EDIT: just noticed my post count, 666, how appropriate haha
          Downtown PHX has a Tunnel system. Only way to get to it,is to find one of the buildings that has access, Like the Firestone building on 3rd/van buuren

Also theres a Abandon HIRISE ON central behind the chase building,if you look up you will see there is no windows,and no entrance as its all been bored in.

AZ has ALOT OF ghost places,as well.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
            Downtown PHX has a Tunnel system. Only way to get to it,is to find one of the buildings that has access, Like the Firestone building on 3rd/van buuren

Also theres a Abandon HIRISE ON central behind the chase building,if you look up you will see there is no windows,and no entrance as its all been bored in.

AZ has ALOT OF ghost places,as well.
            neat, I'm going to have to start tracking these places down

Comment

Sooooo want to visit Pripyat someday. Something tells me that this will be the epicenter of something even worse in the future. Irrational, yes. But still a feeling in the gut.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                Sooooo want to visit Pripyat someday. Something tells me that this will be the epicenter of something even worse in the future. Irrational, yes. But still a feeling in the gut.
                I had a Chernobyl "episode" recently, where I went on pretty much every link that Wikipedia gave me for the disaster, reading everything about the incident. Its as fascinating as it is tragic, I know it sounds kind of twisted, but disasters at man mad structures always seem to intrigue me, how it happened, what could have been avoided etc. I just got through reading about another Russian catastrophe that happened recently at the Sayano-Shushenskaya Damn, when a turbine basically erupted and shot out of its housing, flying 50 feet into the air, destroying the majority of the plant. The size of these turbines is insane, to think something so large and heavy could have gone air borne like that is crazy

Not really related to abandonment, but similar in the sense of eeriness I suppose

Comment

I had a Chernobyl "episode" recently, where I went on pretty much every link that Wikipedia gave me for the disaster, reading everything about the incident. Its as fascinating as it is tragic, I know it sounds kind of twisted, but disasters at man mad structures always seem to intrigue me, how it happened, what could have been avoided etc. I just got through reading about another Russian catastrophe that happened recently at the Sayano-Shushenskaya Damn, when a turbine basically erupted and shot out of its housing, flying 50 feet into the air, destroying the majority of the plant. The size of these turbines is insane, to think something so large and heavy could have gone air borne like that is crazy

Not really related to abandonment, but similar in the sense of eeriness I suppose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Sa...ation_accident
                  You are not alone.

Comment

Have you seen this place? Bulgarian communist party headquarters, Abandoned in 1991 after the fall of the USSR.

What an odd building.......

sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

anyone know of anything in Cali or Oregon? Both ghost towns or abandoned buildings? I'm heading to California this weekend and would love to go exploring.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Sa...ation_accident
                        I watched this video about the growing wolf population in Chernobyl. It is cool to see how nature has just taken over the old cities.

Originally posted by blunttech
                        Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                        :shock:

Comment

This site also has some awesome pics of abandoned places.
                          old factories ancient industries mines tunnels industry photography archaeology art, Belgium Belgie abandoned places ruins fabrieken fotografie kunst rensbergen canon eos 5d, abandoned,factories,factory,industrial revolution,cokes,steel,bakery,interprochim,derilict,gothic,trespassing,henk van rensbergen,leica,X-tol,urban exploration,desolate,belgium,brussels,abandoned,canon,eos 5d,5D
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                          :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                            Have you seen this place? Bulgarian communist party headquarters, Abandoned in 1991 after the fall of the USSR.

What an odd building.......

ha reminds me of

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                            I watched this video about the growing wolf population in Chernobyl. It is cool to see how nature has just taken over the old cities.

watching now :up:

Comment

These pics are awesome. I just don't get how these big ass cities become abandon

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

My sex life is an abandoned place.
                                sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                                1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                                1991 318is - Sold
                                1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment