No announcement yet.

I want to buy NOT an e30, need help car shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see this is turning into a dick measuring contest....

<===================================3

/thread ending /thread.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post

<==3

/thread ending /thread.

<============================================3

/thread ending /thread. +1

Comment

I had a B7 S4, loved it, and actually was a big fan of the interior but I hate BMW interiors so maybe just a preference thing. Avant raises the price a fair amount typically, if you can find one with a replaced motor go for it, their timing systems are just too weak for my taste and you have to pull the engine to replace the guides since the timing is on the clutch side of the engine. I don't know of many of those V8's running beyond 150k without running up against needing $5k+ + in work.

That said I would buy another one someday if I found the right deal.
        2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

^^ Is that the V8 with the accessories run of a jackshaft from the back of the engine....except the alternator, which has a conventional belt up front.....proving they didn't have to do all the jackshaft shit.

...and this is the timing chain....on the back of the engine....

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

^ Now that's some german engineering.

Comment

doesn't look like something I'd want own once it's past warranty period

ijs
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

^ buddy just did some work to his....He has this love hate affair going on with the circle guys.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

^^ Is that the V8 with the accessories run of a jackshaft from the back of the engine....except the alternator, which has a conventional belt up front.....proving they didn't have to do all the jackshaft shit.

Holy fuck, I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                  Originally posted by scabzzzz
                  I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                  1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                  2002 325i - DD
                  2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

B5 S4. + Eurodyne. Do eet.

Also I'll give you a heads up on all the shit that needs to be fixed on the stage 1 base file.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                      E39 540i/6, V8 fun, none of the M5 headache
                      2003 model year, yup

Comment

That would be the lump, sold mine before it needed the tensioners and guides replaced wasn't in the mood to do that.

Also to change the serpentine belt you have to put the front in service position and remove the bumper. The engine has a capacity somewhere north of 9 quarts of oil. I could continue, loved mine when I had it and ran about 80k miles in her before I sold it (and the new owner let his buddy drive it un insured so the guy had to part it out.)
                        2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                          E39 540i/6, V8 fun, none of the M5 headache
                          I'm tempted to agree. The '03 M-Sport models are an M5 without the S65 basically. Same suspension, brakes, interior, etc but with non of the secondary air issues that come with the S65. Plus parts are automatically cheaper since it's not a "full M".

Comment

yeah I did some reading and I think I've ruled out the s4. Not worth the headaches I don't think.

The W211 E55 really has my attention at the moment, there are a bunch of them under $15k and that seems like a hell of a car for the money

I'm planning on looking at an m5 or two this weekend. There aren't any nice M-sports around me, but I would definitely consider one. Seems like most of them are automatics though. Only gripe i have with them is the seats, they look just like the normal e39 seats? I also don't think they come with the DSP audio, which is a definite selling point for me with the m5.
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

E46 330i ZHP.

DONE.

/Thread.
                              This. I'm goofing around in an '01 330i sport which is almost a ZHP.

/threadmoar

Comment

Reading your list of requirements, I was saying e39 M5 in my head. Don't get a 540i, they have their own share of stupid issues and you'll just be thinking "I wish I got an M5" the whole time. You'll think the same thing if you end up with an e46 M3 too.

W211's are fun, but you don't want a cheap one. A poorly maintained Mercedes will drain your wallet extremely fast.

How about a C5 Corvette? Plenty fast, great on the highway, actual low 30's mpg, cheap and easy to get parts, etc.
                                Byron
                                Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
                                X