• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Moving to Chicago

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    not even close to the worst winters ever, I like cold and snow thats not why I would never even consider living in IL... You want stupid cold and snow in the lower 48. Try the Dakotas or Montana east of the rocky mountain front................

Yea my grandparents is rapid city get it good every year.

Nebraska winters f'ing suck. States nothing but fields so the wind just rips through here all winter long.
    Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 12-19-2014, 10:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Chicago isn't bad. Just get used to stupid cold weather and snow. Stay out of the hood and you'll be fine
    not even close to the worst winters ever, I like cold and snow thats not why I would never even consider living in IL... You want stupid cold and snow in the lower 48. Try the Dakotas or Montana east of the rocky mountain front................

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Chicago isn't bad. Just get used to stupid cold weather and snow. Stay out of the hood and you'll be fine

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    I have a friend that moved to Chicago. The only nice thing I remember him saying about it is that it has a great city/restaurant life and that at least it isn't fucking Hoboken (his current residence).

Leave a comment:

• 5ickride
    replied
    Lots of nice looking girls in chicago. Good steak, Bavettes is the spot! Prepare for the worst winters ever. I travel there for business trips so my input is very limited. But, i spoke to someone who used to live there, she said the neighborhoods around Chicago were very segregated. Whites here, hispanics there, blacks there, you know that thing. Not sure how true that is so ill leave it to someone else who lives there to chime in. Good luck either way.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    I agree Monroe LA sucks ass, but I would not put it worse than Cook County IL , you just have to know how to deal with southern People..... Detroit is getting better for sure, still a slightly more friendly Mogadishu none the less, but its taken a step or 2 in the right direction. (funny how a bankruptcy will do that) Though I think Newark and Philly for me are at least equal to if not worse that cook count IL.....

OP just form my own perspective, 5 years ago I turned down a job down that would have put me at home in my own bed 75-80% of the time, with a good contractor, that would have been +- 10k of 6 figures almost every year and most jobs would be perdiem jobs on top of that. Why you might ask, solely on the fact that I would have been working and living (would have had to relocate) in the Chicagoland area.....

Leave a comment:

• M-technik-3
    replied
    Believe it or not Detroit is improving

Leave a comment:

• lolcantturn
    replied
    Do not move to Chicago

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    i have been to this city more times than i can count. i guess it wouldn't be my first choice either, but downtown chicago is pretty fucking awesome-especially if you have an income near 6 figures. like any big city, it is expensive to live there but i guess its relative since you are in cali.

on the other hand there are worse places you could go: detroit, new jersey, monroe LA, and reno to name a few.

you need money to live in downtown chicago. otherwise, you will live a boring existence since you wouldn't be able to afford to do anything after you pay your rent. i would stay away from the south side. not so nice.

when you get settled, sent me a pm. i am up that way often. at least i can buy you a beer one day.

Leave a comment:

• phreshkid
    replied
    Hey Sina, F these guys.

I believe in you.

I was born in Chicago. Lived in King County, and was born in a hospital with "St." in its name, so you know it's good. We moved to California when I was a month old because I had asthma as a baby. I also don't do very well in the cold. I can tolerate snowboarding if it's 40-45 degrees outside. That's about as cold as I can handle it.

I really have nothing to contribute to this thread.
    Last edited by phreshkid; 12-19-2014, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blunttech
    replied
    lol Chicago isnt 15 murders a night unless youre in the hood.
    Wouldnt be my first place to relocate but I live in just as shitty of weather if not worse.

Leave a comment:

• Bglad
    replied
    Bucktown isnt too terrible if you want to live in the city. If not then I would head to the northern suburbs like Libertyville or Gurnee.

I am just speaking on behalf of my visits to my wifes family, I've never lived there.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    i hear they have good wind

Leave a comment:

• Cabriolet
    replied
    out of all the places in the country to relocate to you pick Chicago...........
    This. I would rather be homeless in SD/SF than have a 100k+ job in Chicago.
    The only friend I know who moved there was almost killed, spent weeks in the hospital over getting mugged.

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    out of all the places in the country to relocate to you pick Chicago...........
    Really. I think you're gonna regret that move.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X