Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
    elocker regeared by ECGS in 5.29
    How much was the re-gear?... if you dont mind me asking.

Comment

Originally posted by aintnothang View Post
      How much was the re-gear?... if you dont mind me asking.
      $700 each, you just send them good cores and they send you a regeared 3rd member. They even pay the freight both ways! Turnaround was 3 days, incredible customer service.

Comment

If anyone has $4K laying around, this is a killer deal. Not mine.

Its got front and rear locking diffs.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

for a CA 3 locked truck thats a steal of a deal right there... Figure about 1k to 1200 in parts to base line it, and a couple of weekends and you have one hell of a rig.....

Something is fishy here though its been up for 3 days at under half the market demand cost for a rig like this in SoCal. I called on a couple of similar ones in AZ this winter with in hours of being listed not days and they were gone already. Its missing the front bumper cover on the drivers side 1/4, wonder if this thing has been hit, or has a mashed up front end A/C accumulator looks to be intacted though

Caveat Emptor
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-25-2016, 04:48 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            for a CA 3 locked truck thats a steal of a deal right there... Figure about 1k to 1200 in parts to base line it, and a couple of weekends and you have one hell of a rig.....
            I literally have the cash for it. But I shouldn't. Low miles too. Maybe I should look at it and sell my 4runner...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
              I literally have the cash for it. But I shouldn't. Low miles too. Maybe I should look at it and sell my 4runner...

buy it.

Comment

If you have the cash and the willingness to make it right..... GO!!!!!!!!! unless there is major damage you will be very happy with the trade out for the 4 runner other than the fuel mileage will be a little worse
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Since I believe in fate, I'll go ahead and try to contact them later tonight and see if I can go see the truck tomorrow.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                    Since I believe in fate, I'll go ahead and try to contact them later tonight and see if I can go see the truck tomorrow.
                    Only good karma can come from this.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                      Only good karma can come from this.
                      Done and sent an email. Let's see if we get a response. Might have a 97 4Runner for sale fellas...

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Hell depending on what kinda shape and options your T4R is you are likely to damm near break even on this, and just be out a little bit of time and money for parts.......

William Pitt-

Comment

Hell depending on what kinda shape and options your T4R is you are likely to damm near break even on this, and just be out a little bit of time and money for parts.......
                          I should break even easy. I have done tons of maintenance and my truck has a factory locker. Tundra brake upgrade, Tundra lift, bunch of little things. 245K and climbing though.

What I need is someone who wants my truck to wheel and not DD. The paint has no clear coat left and I have ripped out the seats in favor of custom brackets and Acura TL-S seats.

EDIT: I do have the desire to make any of these vehicles livable. Trying to do that with this stupid 540i/6 I have. I hope this doesn't turn into that much of a reclamation project.
                          Last edited by marshallnoise; 04-25-2016, 09:05 PM.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

they are not hard to work on, you dont have to go OEM on everything, though really you should have a OEM t-stat, rad cap, and bushings there are several dealers that will mail order at wholesale pricing so while still kinda pricey its not that bad

William Pitt-

Comment

they are not hard to work on, you dont have to go OEM on everything, though really you should have a OEM t-stat, rad cap, and bushings there are several dealers that will mail order at wholesale pricing so while still kinda pricey its not that bad
                              I am not too worried about it. I only have cash because we refi'd our house. This would have to be a pretty flawless transaction for me to go for it. Otherwise I will just pay off the debt I was planning on and keep the 4Runner and the the mpg. Ha!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Need opinions on my thought process peeps. I'm considering making some changes to my fleet to get into a 4x4 and another motorcycle. Diversify and simplify. If the logic and shuffling of cars works out, I'm pretty set on this idea, but it'll take time to pull off.

FJ60/62's locally have gotten me really wishing I could pull the trigger quickly. Plus I think I'd hold onto it for a very long time, and I wouldn't lose money on it because of their steady creep in appreciation. I love boxy designs, and horror stories of Rover's are scary. Jeep XJ's are cheap, especially here, but I'd like something a little bigger since it would be my only vehicle with four wheels most likely. I know their reputation for being great trucks, but what should be checked out when looking one over pre-purchase? How satisfying is the AC in an 80's FJ? I do live in the desert, and obviously nothing compares to brand-new-car-ac here. A mostly stock LC would be more than enough off-road ability for my off-road skills for some time, I just am curious about owning one day to day, again I wouldn't need to drive it daily.
                                Last edited by DEV0 E30; 05-09-2016, 01:21 PM.
                                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X