Clear All

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Glad to see you didn’t sell it.

I’m team ls swap. 80s deserve them.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    been going thought my 80 this last winter, and early spring.... Starting to seriously consider a LS swap for this thing as the 1fz is getting tired and a swap and refresh are about cost neutral.

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

had a good aurora night in N MN a few weeks back, will see if I can find the file for this shot, also been a long long time since I have seen Aurora over head and to my south
    IMG_4800 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• arcpolo
    replied
    Mine is used regularly, at least 3-5 big trips a year. Going to hit the Rubicon trail again this year along with Fordyce creek trail in Aug. This will be the hardest trails i have done since owning the rig for about 8 yrs now. It is on 37s 4" of lift and gets about 11 mpg on a good day, but it is a tank and it will never leave the family.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230512_152852 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.4 KB ID:	10094185
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220501-151237_Instagram.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.6 KB ID:	10094186
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-08-12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	184.4 KB ID:	10094187
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230515_123145_Gallery.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	10094188

Leave a comment:

• iansane
    replied
    I bought my first toyota.

An 1986 Dolphin. And I thought e30s were slow.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Mine is still kicking as well. I drive it 4x a week nowadays. Thankfully the distance is short, gas is $4.999 in phoenix right now.

Out in the Kofa Wilderness Area in, and I kid you not, Big Dick Canyon

_MG_4720-Enhanced-NR by Brent Prater, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied

So yeah, still love this big, dumb, slow, gas guzzling thing. I drive it 3x a week or so. But hoping once the E30 is up and running I can maybe put a cover on it since it doesn't get garage privileges anymore until there's more garage spaces.

The wrap is clearly dying, the hood looks terrible. Wherever the glass reflects the sun, it's basically burned the wrap. Top of doors next to side windows, etc. Hood will probably get re-wrapped, but not in a rush.

Mechanically I want this thing to remain in tip top shape. Cosmetically... not so much.
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
    Totally random question guys, I have a '99 Tacoma, and I was wondering where you guys buy regular maintenance parts from. Like, with the BMW, we have a handful of vendors like FCP Euro, ECS tuning, Pelican Parts, etc. where I can easily get OEM or similar stuff. They have pretty extensive catalogs.

What website(s) does a Toyota Tacoma have?
    I need dumb shit like a door lock and an exhaust manifold heat shield...
    Discount Prices On Genuine Toyota Parts Are What We Are All About! We Ship All Over The USA Directly To You. Camry, Tundra, 4Runner, And More!

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Totally random question guys, I have a '99 Tacoma, and I was wondering where you guys buy regular maintenance parts from. Like, with the BMW, we have a handful of vendors like FCP Euro, ECS tuning, Pelican Parts, etc. where I can easily get OEM or similar stuff. They have pretty extensive catalogs.

What website(s) does a Toyota Tacoma have?
    I need dumb shit like a door lock and an exhaust manifold heat shield...

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    when i deployed to standing rock i rented a land cruiser and drove from california to north dakota in the middle of an arctic snap; as soon as i got to idaho the blizzards started and after that through montana and north dakota i saw american SUVs spun off the side of the road waiting for a tow but that truck refused to stop

on the way back i drove through wyoming and colorado and the winds were hairy like ron jeremy, i was actually a little scared, saw a few semis overturned on the freeways, but the cruiser said "f*ck this we're going home"

on a vacation once i rented a 4-runner and went to the high desert in socal and might have scared my girlfriend a bit treating desert trails like rally stages

BMW builds for driving experience; Toyota builds for mobility, reliability, and survivability, which is why this IG exists: https://www.instagram.com/toyotasofwar/?hl=en

Leave a comment:

• arcpolo
    replied
    I will play.

91 fj80 3x locked on 37s
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gzWg2il.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	10075534 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220501-151237_Instagram.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	10075535 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220110-183207_Instagram.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	10075537
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    9 days in The Maze of Canyonlands NP. Thoroughly worked the truck, fully loaded.

No complaints. No problems. Happy.

LM - Day 2 - 28 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

LM - Day 2 - 40 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

LM - Day 3 - 03 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

LM - Day 5 - 07 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

LM - Day 6 - 05 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

LM - Day 8 - 09 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Added an LPG furnace to the house. It is beautiful.

Fireplace! by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Fireplace! by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Less than one month until my ten day trip to The Maze in Canyonlands NP. Traveling with two other 3rd gens, both with GFC's on DCSB. The photos should be pretty good!

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    Were you traveling along the NMBDR? Or just more random back roads?

I'll be traveling out there next year.
    There was a spot along Rio Chama that I've been wanting to hit for years so I finally went there and it was rad. The trip was mostly to drive down to Las Cruces to hang out with some college friends for the weekend. Stopped by Lake Heron on the way back, was hoping to spend a couple days on the lake but the water level is pretty low and the first night I got hit by a gnarly thunderstorm that nearly ripped the awning off my truck...

Overall, northern NM is fucking awesome. Currently planning to move down there and explore more.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Were you traveling along the NMBDR? Or just more random back roads?

I'll be traveling out there next year.

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    Originally posted by spike68 View Post
    Since I've moved back to ATL I've been feeling terrible that the FJ has been parked. In all honesty I've been considering selling it already.

It's far too hot to do any kind of camping or outdoor related activities. I'm missing Colorado big time.

DSC_1426 by Anthony Gomez, on Flickr
    We're missing you too

In other news, took the truck out to northern NM, might be my favorite area in the US.

DSC03815 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X