No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I def wouldnt suggest Black bear in anything big, its all switchbacks. Imogene may be doable.

Full-sizes in general have trouble with offroading because most trails are tight, moab is ok however, with only a few of the trails we did being narrow.

I need to research some trails.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      I def wouldnt suggest Black bear in anything big, its all switchbacks. Imogene may be doable.

Full-sizes in general have trouble with offroading because most trails are tight, moab is ok however, with only a few of the trails we did being narrow.

I've always wanted to do black bear, that would be fun.

Comment

Yeah I watched a couple Black Bear videos, definitely not something I would try lol

Stuff like this seems like it would be a lot of fun, with minimal chance of wrecking the ride:

Petromaniac (black 4Runner) and justintime (green FJ) wound up in the same group on Saturday. Leaving Ouray, we go south on the Million Dollar Highway to jus...
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

^That's not a bad trail. I could do a bit more than that though. The drive out to the cabin is more difficult than that.

Fuck, black bear looks like an absolute blast. Those tight corners would be a nightmare in my pickup though, but the terrain isn't out of question for me.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Imogene pass looks like a great combo of both, with a bit more space for us bigger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
              ^That's not a bad trail. I could do a bit more than that though. The drive out to the cabin is more difficult than that.

Fuck, black bear looks like an absolute blast. Those tight corners would be a nightmare in my pickup though, but the terrain isn't out of question for me.
              Yeah it definitely seems very easy, that guy has 5 videos at least and it looks like there are a couple small obstacles, but mostly the issue would be the width of a full size.

Imogene pass looks like a great combo of both, with a bit more space for us bigger guys.
              Imogene was the one I had first on my list. Nice amount of challenges, and there are a couple videos of guys doing it in Silverados with what appear to be 31" OEM tires..
              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Yeah I definitely am leaning towards Colorado now, I aim to have sold the suzuki and bought a Toyota pickup by then, so easier trails should be ok by me. As I will be more limited in what I can do unless I manage to trick it out before then.
                willschnitz

Comment

Yeah I definitely am leaning towards Colorado now, I aim to have sold the suzuki and bought a Toyota pickup by then, so easier trails should be ok by me. As I will be more limited in what I can do unless I manage to trick it out before then.
                  This makes me happy.

I'll just be on a 1 inch lift, with KO2s. So nothing crazy for me.

Comment

Sounds like none of us (yet) have crazy rigs. Those Colorado passes look fantastic for rigs like ours.

Comment

Ill probably be on no lift and 31s or slight lift and 31s. Assuming toyota thing happens.
                      willschnitz

Comment

Sounds like none of us (yet) have crazy rigs.
                        Ill probably be on no lift and 31s or slight lift and 31s. Assuming toyota thing happens.
                        hah nerds

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          hah nerds

Comment

>thinks 33s are big boi status

Maybe my parents will have their JK by then, can make them show up with 37s :devil:
                            willschnitz

Comment

>thinks 33s are big boi status

Maybe my parents will have their JK by then, can make them show up with 37s :devil:
                              Are you going to school in BHAM or are you living there? We will have to do a truck pool.

Comment

I go to school in wisconsin, the plan was to do late august and do the trip on my way back to college for final year.

Live in bham
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X