No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the topic of 4WD nannies the one that pisses me off the most is Hondas. They advertise 4WD on the Honda Pilot, but as soon as you lose slight traction in snow it automatically brakes for you, and turns off wheels and lets you slide, its broken.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

yeah wifies truck the traction control turns back on at 35ish, hell the fun dose not really start till 45 LOL, and the stability control jumps in with even a hint of counter steer is detected, and even when you have it off when you get it crossed up but under control and holding it in a slide it jumps in a ruins all the fun. ABS is really good though and lets you have a little lock up on one corner with out getting too intrusive.....
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

With the way I drive the 300k mark will take a while to hit, but this fucker keeps plugging along without a care in the world.

20171219_171352 by MR E30, on Flickr
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I finished up my engine swap and got it into my friends hands just before Christmas. I am going to miss it in some ways, but the full size Bronco awaits!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

New vs. old

Was contemplating another t4r, but couldn't get over how much bigger it felt than the 4th gen, and significantly more expensive.

Comment

^
              Nice truck, on the t4r compao, iirc they are dam near isentical on paper in size and both share the same chassis with the prado 150
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

That's what I was told, although it felt completely different. Doesn't help that the limited turned into more of a mall crawler with extra seats for my non-existent friends or kids to sit in either, and that's what 90% of available ones seem to be. They should've been offered how you set yours up.

Comment

Trail premium my friend, all though lacking the awd case, and air conditioned seats, is a very good setup. Only reason I we got the limited was for the awd case for the wife, and we did not get the 3rd row. If it was my primary unit, I would have got the trail and still put the foxes or icon extended travel on it
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-06-2018, 02:12 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

always wanted an FJ80 or FJ100 now that I'm getting older with a kid. Had two FJ60's and I love them but the pricing on them is just going outta control. Would also love a first gen yota but they don't make an extended cab.
                    F80 M3 Alpine
                    E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                    E28 Blackish 535i
                    E21 Silver 320i
                    Disco1 98 4.6
                    ~~~~~~
                    E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                    E30 325i SOLD
                    E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                    E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Trail premium my friend, all though lacking the awd case, and air conditioned seats, is a very good setup. Only reason I we got the limited was for the awd case for the wife, and we did not get the 3rd row. If it was my primary unit, I would have got the trail and still put the foxes or icon extended travel on it
                      Priced one out online, wasn't an option I was comfortable with. Have crawl control and rear locker in this thing, and the canopy will give me enough time when camping to avoid becoming grizzly shit.

Upside is the total chaos UCA's I bought for the t4r are the same part# as this, so may be a suspension in the works.

Comment

^
                        Hey I can understand that, trails are nearly as much as my soccer mom mobile and the Pro's are with in like 250 bucks MSRP lol. There is nothing wrong with your set up at all, you get a little more utility with the set up you have going on vs putting dirty shit INSIDE the unit. I really like the Extended cab Vs Crew you went with. Going to keep the bed stock or going to add/build a drawer set up for it since you are keeping it good a dry with that cap.

And yeah the T/C UCAs are doing just fine on our rig, all though I ( and the wife for that matter) are a little obsessive about keeping the uniball and the bushings hosed off and clean as we can with all the nasty winter shit this time of year . Great product I am acctually I am kinda glad I ended up with over the icons I think now......

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          And yeah the T/C UCAs are doing just fine on our rig, all though I ( and the wife for that matter) are a little obsessive about keeping the uniball and the bushings hosed off and clean as we can with all the nasty winter shit this time of year . Great product I am acctually I am kinda glad I ended up with over the icons I think now......
                          Part of the reason I went with the SPC UCA's, I was worried about unsealed joints for a DD.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

For 3.0 3VZE engines being the worst god damn thing on earth, people seem to want and arm and a leg for them if they happen to be in a 89-94 pickup...
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              For 3.0 3VZE engines being the worst god damn thing on earth, people seem to want and arm and a leg for them if they happen to be in a 89-94 pickup...
                              Scarcity at play I think. What a horrid engine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

From what I've read the TC's are pretty rugged given they're a proper stainless ball, unlike the many chrome ones on the market. Northern Alberta winters however can kill anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X