No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I decided that 17k for a 4x4 taco was too good a price to pass up especially with all the goodies it had. I checked out a couple frontiers with less miles and newer, but it was like looking at the Emma Watson face swaps and trying to jerk it... It's just not the real thing :p

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
      Well I decided that 17k for a 4x4 taco was too good a price to pass up especially with all the goodies it had. I checked out a couple frontiers with less miles and newer, but it was like looking at the Emma Watson face swaps and trying to jerk it... It's just not the real thing :p

Nice looking truck!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Nice looking taco, should fit in perfect and serve you well for a long time
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

All you guys who wheel semi-regularly how have your half shafts in the front lasted? my first trip out in some 6in snow blew up my inner cv joint which now makes me wary enough to carry a spare

Comment

My guess is that it was on its way out when you bought it, 6" of snow should not have been putting too much stress on it unless you had the front end hopping and chattering a lot in it. Good excuse to upgrade to some better front half shafts so you dont have to worry about carrying a spare around with you all the time
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah if you don't have a crazy lift or huge tires then the cv's should last a long time, unless you're doing some wild shit. I always carry an autozone/napa cv as a trail spare when I go wheeling though.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Yeah if you don't have a crazy lift or huge tires then the cv's should last a long time, unless you're doing some wild shit. I always carry an autozone/napa cv as a trail spare when I go wheeling though.
                I have a 1in block spacer in the back and I think it's just bilstein 5100 lift in the front maybe ome coils I'm not sure so nothing too major and then I'm on 255/75/17 I'm trying to get it mostly back to stock with the biggest tires that will fit without trimming or cutting the frame

Comment

those look way wider than a 255 series tire, that you have on there.

If your planing on exploring and wheeling much at all with it, I would not revert to stock suspension height, I would refresh what you have or upgrade to Fox, or Icon 2.5 stuff with a TC upper control arms. If your not going to really push it a lot you dont have to get the bypass/remote resi shocks as just the 2.5's will be very adequate. By sticking with what you have in height now or going up a little more with new stuff you can get a little taller "pizza cutter" tire in there, like the 255/80-17's and get you into a full 33 inch tall tire. Or go a inch wider and get on 34's with a 285/75-17's but this is if you are going to use it off road, a good bit. If your going to DD it and need total relbility then back to stock is a good way to go but I would still look into the upgraded UCA's

William Pitt-

Comment

That picture is before I got new tires those were 285/70/17,

I'm planning on picking up UCAs already, and the other half shaft as well.

It is mostly going to be a DD family truck but i might just be paranoid because I had the truck 4 days and the first time out the CV blows out lol so I'm paranoid and looking at rcv axles [emoji14] but I'm hoping it was just a fluke wear related thing.

Edit to add pic with 255/75/17
                    Last edited by kickinindian; 02-28-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Both my CV's clink whenever i brake or take off but they haven't gone yet. Don't feel like wasting money on more half shafts since SAS will probably happen this summer.

Just driving the E30 now instead with winter tires on it, twice the mpg, and a fuck load faster and more comfy.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Made a thing.
                        Truck Rack by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
                        and took dumb rusty rear bumper off that was not even straight.

Now just to find a Toyota Front Axle...

Ya boy also needs a Miller Mig, fuck this flux core crap lmao
                        willschnitz

Comment

hey I'm all #overlandy too now

DSC00959 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00952 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Comment

Taco IFS looks so much less ghetto than Pickup IFS.

I need to find an Axle..
                            willschnitz

Comment

Got my #glamping on a couple of weeks ago as well.

68 - Day 2 by MR E30, on Flickr

76 - Day 3 by MR E30, on Flickr
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

any of you guys made your own bumper? ive been thinking of grabbing some dom and building one as a welder project since i have not done much since high school did you follow a template?

Comment

Working...
                                X