No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must say I have been toying more and more in the last couple of weeks with the idea of an FJ80 and dumping the old tahoe for back country duties and maybe even as my DD to keep the usage off my duramax other than for when I truly need to use it....
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
      Sharp 100 series! - my favorite color for 100's.
      --I've yet to meet a 'Cruiser (LX/LC) owner who has given up the 'pooface' when talking about the days they owned theirs, always a contented smile if they have it still, or that wince before the story of 'why I sold' & the 'I regret it still' -- only way they keep the smile is if they got another one.

The day I bought mine I hit the local stealer to get a few little parts & another fellow asked me if it was my first (he was on his 3rd LC) - and near immediately I knew why he phrased his question like that. I've yet to find a point on the 80 that leaves me thinking Toy cheesed out on something.

-You on Ih8mud? (Figured w/ the Slee goodies) - I'm LINUS there as well.

Agree 100%. The only reason selling comes up every once in a while is due to the abysmal gas mileage the thing gets, but it's so economical to own in every other sense that selling would be a poor decision. It's soooo overbuilt, everywhere you look.

I've been on mud since 2006 as ed94r. I retrofitted the headlights with TSX projectors years ago and made a thread. Other than that, I mostly lurk on the daily.
      1988 E30/S50...now with S52; Track
      1994 Miata R; ES Solo2
      1998 Lexus LX470; Wife (Slee'd anyway)
      2002 BMW 530i; A+ Commuter
      2002 BMW 325iT; Sport/Premium 5-speed
      2011 21' EconoTrailer

Comment

My 22re keeps over heating. Ever sins I installed a new radiator and hoses. Its good for maybe three weeks and then over heats. I lift the front end up, burp the coolant, three weeks later it gets hot again. I dont have any leaks, and compression is 170 exactly on every cylinder. Any ideas?
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
          My 22re keeps over heating. Ever sins I installed a new radiator and hoses. Its good for maybe three weeks and then over heats. I lift the front end up, burp the coolant, three weeks later it gets hot again. I dont have any leaks, and compression is 170 exactly on every cylinder. Any ideas?
          Incorrectly installed thermostat would be my guess.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Thanks Ill check that out
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Clicking this thread was a bad choice. Now I'm on craigslist...

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
              Sounds like you need a massage.
              Originally posted by kpeng
              Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

2005 UZJ100 before mods + my pup.
                I've had 2 3rd gen. 4runners, two Tacoma's and a 22r 2wd pickup.

Comment

^ where's the after pics?

This thread is relevant to me as well, r3v likes quality.
                  I'll have to post my daily.

Comment

I recently bought a Toyota 4x4 as well. Wait...

1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                      I recently bought a Toyota 4x4 as well. Wait...

We need an "Official vanilla cars thread".

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                        We need an "Official vanilla cars thread".
                        Best DD in existence.
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by holland View Post
                          best dd in existence.
                          + 1
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Fun fact: The only Toyota that doesn't suffer from Toyota tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                              Fun fact: The only Toyota that doesn't suffer from Toyota tax.
                              The Toyota Echo fits into that category as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                                The Toyota Echo fits into that category as well.
                                But would you rather have an Echo?

Comment

Working...
                                X