No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah bumpers and sliders would be a good place to start as well thats a good point dont know why I was thinking drive line 1st off
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      yeah bumpers and sliders would be a good place to start as well thats a good point dont know why I was thinking drive line 1st off
      I know before I go back to Moab I want at least a rear locker.

I should have SAS front and LH6 motor by then.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Good stuff Cale!

A fellow 3rd gen Tacoma owner and I spent Sunday afternoon down at Broken Arrow Trail in Sedona.

Both completely stock, except for sliders on my end (which weren't needed), they made it through with only a few hitch drags in steep places.

Went through a crack off of the side of the trail near the entrance to stretch the trucks legs.

IMG-0904 by MR E30, on Flickr

IMG-0900 by MR E30, on Flickr

DSC_1316 by MR E30, on Flickr

DSC_1324 by MR E30, on Flickr

At the transition point it was impossible to get the trucks alone for even a few seconds. This is a very popular trail with the Pink Jeep Tours, so there are always people around.

DSC_1346 by MR E30, on Flickr

Ended up finishing the trail with the orange jeep in this picture.

DSC_1352 by MR E30, on Flickr

DSC_1355 by MR E30, on Flickr

DSC_1367 by MR E30, on Flickr
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Looks like another beautiful part of the country, I need to extend my trip.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Don't know much about Taco driveline upgrades, but beyond gears it doesn't seem to be something too many people touch. Definitely possible I just haven't delved deep enough yet.

Locker was a must for every trail we did, albeit only a handful of times, but there was always at least one obstacle that was a pass/fail scenario for seeing the rest of the trail.

Comment

Hell yeah! I can't wait to make it back out to Moab this September...

Did some wheeling with spike68 (Tony) this past weekend.

DSC00046 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00064 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC00058 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

That moment when I buy a grease gun to grease the driveshaft and u joints on my 2wd 3rd gen, only to find...no zerks.

Bad on me for not checking, but wth Toyota?

Anyone need a brand new grease gun?
              Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
              The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
              The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
              The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Sleeping platform with drawers complete. Going to redo the mattress cover, needed to remove more material than expected to keep it snug. Beats an air mattress on the corrugated truck bed floor.

Comment

Nice man looks great. I had a dream of doing this with my truck but the 3rd gen 6spd access-cab off-road is not available in the US so stuck with the short bed.

Comment

Picked up this 2008 Tundra SR5 4x4 DC for cheap from my buddies neighbor, got it for 2200 bux! Some catches to it tho, high mileage, dirty as all hell, and owner was told it would need a motor. Well after digging into it, found that the head gasket had failed on both banks, and was pressurizing the coolant system with compression. After talking to a fellow tech here at my shop who was previously a Toyota tech, I was told it would be easier, cheaper, and better to just swap another motor into it, and thats what I did this past week after work

Going through it

Def a big bitch, had to lift it high to get it out, but not bad

Old and new

Running and cleaned up, still needs some things, but how she sits at the moment

Truck runs great now as expected, drives nice and smooth, def bigger then my Tacoma but not too bad.

Im not sure which truck I'm going to keep, If I kept the Tundra I could get out of my payment on my Tacoma, would have a bigger truck for hauling things/give me more options for camping rigs, which I'm in the process of replacing my old one. However it is a bigger truck with high mileage, and will be a little worse on MPG then the Tacoma, but not by much surprisingly.

Gonna drive it for a week or two and see how I like it, I had planned on getting this exact truck to eventually replace my Tacoma, just didn't think it would fall into my lap like it did.

Comment

If I could do all the things I wanted with a full sized
                      , I'd have a tundra in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        If I could do all the things I wanted with a full sized
                        , I'd have a tundra in a heartbeat.
                        Exactly.

Just hit a local set of trails with a group of buddies, and the most capable truck (by far) had to be left behind at the entrance due solely to its size.

Truck left behind: 2019 Raptor
                        Trucks on trail: All 3rd gen Tacomas

That wasn't the first time the most offroad worthy truck couldn't join in on the fun either.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I hope yall will forgive me.

I bought a 2019 Ranger
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by wschnitz View Post
                            i hope yall will forgive me.

I bought a 2019 ranger
                            gtfo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

willschnitz

Comment

Here's something a little different. My 75 Hilux with 18RG Swap

Comment

Working...
                                X